Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Opinion: Who’s afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? By Reuben Abati - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Who’s afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? By Reuben Abati (180 Views)

Who's Afraid Of Mike Adenuga By Ololade Olaoye / BREAKING! Okonjo-iweala Appointed New DG Of World Trade Organization / Okonjo-iweala “ready” To Be World Bank President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Who’s afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? By Reuben Abati by Chattylove: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
Who is afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria’s nominee for the soon-to-be-vacant post of Director-General of the World Trade Organization? I ask this question because over the weekend, her media adviser, my long-time colleague, Paul Nwabuikwu issued a statement in which he alleged that some “powerful and well-connected forces” in Nigeria were working hard, manufacturing controversies, and “peddling outright lies” to sabotage Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s chances for the WTO top job. Paul Nwabuikwu could not have issued that statement without Dr Okonjo-Iweala’s approval.

Well, I am not shocked that some people would take as their own personal priority and task, sabotaging a compatriot whose elevation and success would rub off positively on Nigeria and the continent. We complain about many issues in our country, but we often overlook the fact that there are many sadomasochists in this country, complete sadists who are perpetually seeking the downfall of others. Such persons do so for a variety of reasons: their own Luciferian complex, mischief, ethnic, or religious reasons or plain wickedness to the other. Mental health preservation should become a national priority to mitigate the damage that these victims of the Lucifer Effect do to our national psyche. The sabotage that Nwabuikwu referred to has to do with an attempt to link Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala with the Indigenous Peoples Organization of Biafra (IPOB).

https://oak.tv/newstrack/opinion-whos-afraid-of-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-by-reuben-abati/

Re: Opinion: Who’s afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? By Reuben Abati by hopeforcharles(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Link?
Re: Opinion: Who’s afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? By Reuben Abati by adenigga(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
hopeforcharles:
Link?

You meant :"source"?

I was looking for it too.
Re: Opinion: Who’s afraid of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? By Reuben Abati by psucc(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
I doubt this

(1) (Reply)

Publish On Flexpages And Earn Points / Earn Steady Side Income Apart From Your Job / Mobile Phone Accessories For Modern Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.