Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? (5989 Views)

Prophet Mboro: Jesus Wife Is Hot And Sexy / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Blatant: 11:48am On Mar 17, 2008
It can work if they are noon-practising and nominal. However, if one is a practising christian and the other a practising I slamist, it cant work!!!

Stop decieving yourselves and stop getting into relationships that are bound for trouble. It's unlikely that you'll find any practising/true christian involved in a relationship with a mo slim anyway, except silly and greedy girls.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by kolaoloye(m): 11:57am On Mar 17, 2008
There is nothing that is impossible under the Sun.The only thing is that
one of them has to pay the price, most especially in bringing up their children.
One religion must give way to the other. AS for the relationship -IT CAN WORK.
JUST A MATTER OF UNDERSTANDING.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by chi419: 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2008
well,i really think is ur suggestion, if u love each other well and u intend to marry each other ,i dont c anyreason why it cant happen , except u belive dat both parties do not love themselves , but in dis situation i really think u have to settle down and ask urselves wat u want for ur family,ur children ,cus no mater what if u eventually get married the house will be divided because not everyone will want to be a muslim or christian.so i tink serious dat d decision is between both of u .if u love ur self soo much one person will have no choice but to give up his or her religion for the other, think wise , allld best and knw that it is the same GOD we worship, belive it or not but its true
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Leilah(f): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2008
Well i was born muslim. I was married to a beast of a muslim man before and we were both practicing at the time. However, that was NOT Islams fault. technically a muslim woman is NOT allowed to marry a non muslim regardless of whether she practices or not. I did all of what Islamically I shoudlnt have done, I moved on and remarried to an igbo non practising christian born man that why I have been disowned by the islamic community. Its usually only apostates like myself who do these things and have 'this life'-Dunya only and none in the hereafter as I am heading to hell, unless I try to repent that is. There has been times when I prayed and my daughter is not christened.  My husband knows that and accepts that. technically its wrong but sometimes love just takes over. Note* what I did is RARE.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Queenisha: 11:31pm On Sep 17, 2008
Leilah:

Well i was born muslim. I was married to a beast of a muslim man before and we were both practicing at the time. However, that was NOT Islams fault. technically a muslim woman is NOT allowed to marry a non muslim regardless of whether she practices or not. I did all of what Islamically I shoudlnt have done, I married an igbo non practising christian born man that why I have been disowned by the islamic community. Its usually only apostates like myself who do these things and have 'this life'-Dunya only and none in the hereafter as I am heading to hell, unless I try to repent that is. There has been times when I prayed and my daughter is not christened. My husband knows that and accepts that. technically its wrong but sometimes love just takes over. Note* what I did is RARE.

Come to Jesus
He is the saviour and will receive you and give you an assurance of salvation

john 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Leilah(f): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2008
I have thought about that and learned about that one too. I'm not convinced about that one either. I am a humanist.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Queenisha: 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
Do you have any questions about Christianity?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by TheSly: 11:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
I have seen from both sides and it worked!
(Man: Xtian and Wife: Muslim) But wife later converted to Xtian.
(Man: Muslim and wife Xtian) at age 60+ now, I still saw her on her way to church last week.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Ndipe(m): 12:39am On Sep 18, 2008
I wouldnt even contemplate it at all. No compromise!

To Christians who would, what would you do if your hubby brings in a 2nd wife, because his religion (Islam) approves of it?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by joyce550: 2:18am On Sep 18, 2008
it wnt wrk.except by the mercies of God.becaues as christians we hav a clear instruction or command to kip and obey which is, "do nt be unequally yoked wit undelivers".there's no excuss 4 being unequally yoked.God nos wots best 4 us.if he says dnt,then dnt it remains.HE IS GOD,
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Leilah(f): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2008
QuennIsha, I cannot even think about religion sometimes. But I am going to die someday. Just don't know what to be doing really. sad
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2008
@Ndipe: Please quote a verse from Jesus, in the New Testament that condemns the institution of one husband with more than one wife?

@Leila: Humanist, no religion, Christianity, sm, Buhhdism, etc, all of them will lead to Jahannam, Hell fire!

Stop all this nonsense and return back to the religion that will protect you away from Allah's punihment.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Nimshi: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
Why not? Since one example is all that's needed, the answer to your question is yes. But a lot depends on the parties. If one is aggressively attempting to convert the other, then the chance of success almost always becomes reduced.

olabowale:
@Leila: Humanist, no religion, Christianity, sm, Buhhdism, etc, all of them will lead to Jahannam, Hell fire!

It is clearly a lack of wisdom that makes anyone write this sort of nonsense. It is foolishness; it should be beneath anyone with any wisdom.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by joyce550: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2008
and to add,the Holy Scripture says that;'can two work 2geda if they do not agree?' whats the joy of marriage?is it not that u find companionship?hw will u fill wen u cant share your faith with the one you love or the one you are supose to spend the rest of your life with because he can not or she cannot understand or does not believe?u need someone who understands and agrees with u, God loves us and thats why He gives us instructions that are best for us.but He allows us to choose.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2009
@PHBABE
How far?
Did u marry that ur BF??
Remember ur prayer warriors thread?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by yemo1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2009
if there is love and understanding and complete faithfulness it will work but if it just "i love u" it will not work.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by DoRii: 8:56pm On May 01, 2009
My only comment is that in the case of a Muslim and a Christian, they both are serving one God. A true Christian loves God as does a true Muslim. There are differences that will present hardships to them but it is up to them to make it a successful and loving marriage. In the event that these two fall in love, their love should be powerful enough that they are both willing to compromise. I strongly believe that it can work out. Without a doubt, if you love each other, it WILL work out. Certainly with a few obstacles but what marriage does not have them? smiley
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 01, 2009
DoRii:

My only comment is that in the case of a Muslim and a Christian, they both are serving one God. A true Christian loves God as does a true Muslim. There are differences that will present hardships to them but it is up to them to make it a successful and loving marriage. In the event that these two fall in love, their love should be powerful enough that they are both willing to compromise. I strongly believe that it can work out. Without a doubt, if you love each other, it WILL work out. Certainly with a few obstacles but what marriage does not have them? smiley

False.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by DoRii: 9:02pm On May 01, 2009
I do understand why you put false but I would like your explanation, please. Enlighten me.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by DoRii: 9:12pm On May 01, 2009
Do Christians not love and serve one God? and do Muslims not love and serve one God as well? I never said that they were the same. Neither that their beliefs were the same. Certainly a Muslim does not believe in Christ the same way a Christian does. In fact, the style of worship is cleary and evidently different. But do they not love God? Who am I to criticize someone's faith? and who am I to judge?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 01, 2009
DoRii:

I do understand why you put false but I would like your explanation, please. Enlighten me.

DoRii:

Do Christians not love and serve one God? and do Muslims not love and serve one God as well? I never said that they were the same. Neither that their beliefs were the same. Certainly a Muslim does not believe in Christ the same way a Christian does. In fact, the style of worship is cleary and evidently different. But do they not love God? Who am I to criticize someone's faith? and who am I to judge?

You just answered your own query. christians and muslims do not serve the same God so its hard to see where spiritual harmony can exist in a home where the couple are of both extremely polar faiths. Its impossible to be serious with a woman who's "faith" is built largely as an opposition to mine.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by DoRii: 9:19pm On May 01, 2009
I understand your point of view and respect it. Thank you very much for your enlightenment and opinion. I still stand by what I say. Love does prevail and compromise does work. I never said that marriages like that should happen all the time. Of course, there will be moments of disharmony. If love is not present, the marriage will definitely fail. It is better to be in a marriage where the two are in one accord. I was just trying to say that in the case that this happens, if you really love somebody, if God put a love in your heart for them, why shouldn't you be with them if you are willing to compromise. However, by compromise, I do not mean compromise your own faith. I just mean RESPECT each other and the belief therof.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 01, 2009
DoRii:

I understand your point of view and respect it. Thank you very much for your enlightenment and opinion. I still stand by what I say. Love does prevail and compromise does work.

Love will only "prevail" if both of you are not serious about your faiths and are merely nominal. Its impossible to see how "love" can conquer the fact that i cant share my prayer time with my wife . . . where i cant involve her in morning devotions with the kids, where i talk about Christ's death and resurrection and she's busy reminding me that Christ never even died in the first place.

compromise does indeed work, but its usually one of two things . . . either you compromise your marriage or your faith. you cant eat your cake and have it.

DoRii:

I never said that marriages like that should happen all the time. Of course, there will be moments of disharmony. If love is not present, the marriage will definitely fail. It is better to be in a marriage where the two are in one accord. I was just trying to say that in the case that this happens, if you really love somebody, if God put a love in your heart for them, why shouldn't you be with them if you are willing to compromise. However, by compromise, I do not mean compromise your own faith. I just mean RESPECT each other and the belief therof.

You cant be in "one accord" if you're not spiritually in tune.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by DoRii: 9:31pm On May 01, 2009
Yes sir, of course. I'm not trying to argue with you. I love God with all my heart. I am not a perfect person. Neither will I say that I am spiritually "in tune." This will take time and I pray that God helps me become so through his mercy and kindness. I'm not trying to tell anyone here what to do. I'm only, stating my opinion. It's not as if someone of a Christian faith deliberately decides to love someone outside of their religion. There are cases that do present themselves, it HAPPENS, that is all I am trying to say, I have witnessed cases of STRONG Christians marrying Muslims and the RESPECT that they maintain for each other. I know that it would present quite a toll on the family when children came around and it is for that reason among many that I said hardships would arise. The only way one would ever know if a marriage like this would work is if one is in that situation. None of us our mind readers, haha, hmmm, well just my little bit, Thank you again for your reply. It did shed some light smiley
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by afiq(m): 2:54am On Mar 09, 2010
i doubt it
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Ndipe(m): 2:58am On Mar 09, 2010
Sometimes it works, dunno how they do that and how they raise their children. Abdou Diouf, the former president of Senegal is a muslim, his wife is Catholic.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Ndipe(m): 4:40am On Mar 09, 2010
Interfaith marriage is a no no for me.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ghettochyk(f): 6:08am On Mar 09, 2010
It can work if they're only nominal Christians/Muslims. If they're serious in their religious beliefs, then obviously, it will not work.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Ndipe(m): 6:26am On Mar 09, 2010
How can I marry someone who does not believe that Jesus Christ is not Divine? And why would I now, decide to 'compromise' for what reason? Love or money? Neither!
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ghettochyk(f): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2010
Ndipe:

How can I marry someone who does not believe that Jesus Christ is not Divine? And why would I now, decide to 'compromise' for what reason? Love or money? Neither!
Right? And how could live with a clear mind knowing that your spouse will not be saved for not believing in Jesus the King of Kings? Too tough, at least, it's easier, though still sad, when it's not the mother/father of your children.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Ndipe(m): 6:47am On Mar 09, 2010
ghettochyk:

Right? And how could live with a clear mind knowing that your spouse will not be saved for not believing in Jesus the King of Kings? Too tough, at least, it's easier, though still sad, when it's not the mother/father of your children.

Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ghettochyk(f): 6:49am On Mar 09, 2010
what are u confused about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salt : Using It To Neutralise Negativity Spiritually / Lucifer Was A Choir Master / What Makes God A God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.