Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. (1663 Views)

Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors / El-Rufai's Wife, Hadiza Visits Her Farm: Husband Won’t Pay Ransom If Kidnapped / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. by haiti007(m): 5:59am On Jul 17, 2020
SavageMaster:

Chris Ngige opened his mouth sometime ago to say Nigeria has excess of medical doctors. I think he should go look for them to fill the void left behind

Trust those politicians, they always want to defend themselves. But judging by the ratio of doctors working in a hospital (at least the ones I've been to) Nigeria hasn't gotten to it full stretch at all.
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. by olaNL: 6:09am On Jul 17, 2020
As much as I am not against them moving to the UK, it's their right. But it is quite uncharitable to do so in this period when the country need them the most most especially if they were trained in our heavily subsidized universities and college of health. It is more of a moral obligation.

I know some people will talk about their inadequate payment and welfare here, and you are right to say so but two wrongs doesn't make a right. I am not saying that they shouldn't ever leave, but it shouldn't be this time of world wide medical emergency.

Even the UK that they are going to knows that it is wrong to poach our health practitioners at this time, that is why they are doing it through a third party and behind the scene. How will it sound that a first world country is "robbing" a Third World country of doctors at this time.

And to those that are in support of this, you will still be the one to come here and complain if you go to the hospital and there are no doctors to attend to you.
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. by ican2020: 6:18am On Jul 17, 2020
They don't need your toxic advice
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. by missjekyll: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2020
olaNL:
As much as I am not against them moving to the UK, it's their right. But it is quite uncharitable to do so in this period when the country need them the most most especially if they were trained in our heavily subsidized universities and college of health. It is more of a moral obligation.

I know some people will talk about their inadequate payment and welfare here, and you are right to say so but two wrongs doesn't make a right. I am not saying that they shouldn't ever leave, but it shouldn't be this time of world wide medical emergency.

Even the UK that they are going to knows that it is wrong to poach our health practitioners at this time, that is why they are doing it through a third party and behind the scene. How will it sound that a first world country is "robbing" a Third World country of doctors at this time.

And to those that are in support of this, you will still be the one to come here and complain if you go to the hospital and there are no doctors to attend to you.

I assume you are referring to the social contract. You know in your heart that there are no PPEs in Nigeria. Your leaders have broken the contract long ago. it doesn't apply anymore.
Buhari also attended a heavily subsidised school and has been earning a salary from his 1st year in NDA.

Please dont talk trash about any moral obligation. Take your virtue signalling and stuff it. it's not left for you to say what they should or shouldnt do. They do come back . But only for Nigerians. not for holier than thou bellends like you. Go and hide please. mtchew
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. by jara: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
1. What is the GDP of Nigeria and that of UK

2. What is the average or mean salary in Nigeria compared to UK

3. How much did you pay for your training compared to UK students

4. Did you get into Medicine because you were more brilliant than Engineering students or because your connected parents destroyed Nigeria

Chew on that for now

missjekyll:

Let me add more fuel to the fire in your head.
Junior doctors can have a takehome of 4800 pounds after tax o.
How does that sound to you?
Jealousy and wickedness will not kill you o. It is not anybody's fault you did not study medicine. it is also not too late. that is if you can even pass medical school. Tueh
Abeg Ride on Nigerian Healthworkers,una too gbaski joor
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. by missjekyll: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2020
jara:
1. What is the GDP of Nigeria and that of UK

2. What is the average or mean salary in Nigeria compared to UK

3. How much did you pay for your training compared to UK students

4. Did you get into Medicine because you were more brilliant than Engineering students or because your connected parents destroyed Nigeria

Chew on that for now

hilarious. Stop Fighting. Accept that healthworkers are leaving in droves. Start looking for ways to stem the tide.

All this dogon turanci will not help you. all 58 of those Drs will leave on the very first flight. Stay here and speak english

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Was Bribed To Handover To Buhari / 2023 Presidency:put Me To Shame, Zone Ticket To South East, Umahi Challenges PDP / BREAKING: Many Killed As Robbers Attack Banks, Police Station In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.