Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic (293 Views)

Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? / Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma / SHOCKING DNA TEST RESULTS ENCOURAGED BY COVID19 LOCK-DOWN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic by Africanbest(m): 5:38am On Jul 17, 2020
Just like one of my favourite quotes which say: “For every bad thing in life, there are more good things to tip the balance.” -Richelle Mead.

The coronavirus (COVID19 Pandemic) which was initially reported to the WHO on December 31, 2019. On January 30, 2020, WHO declared the COVID19 outbreak a global health emergency. On March 11, 2020, WHO declared COVID19 a global Pandemic and by April 2020, we started closing our businesses and doors in Nigeria.

This COVID19 pandemic has cost so much to so many people, things which include:

The loss of lives

The loss of jobs

The loss of freedom

Psychological breakdown

Poverty etc.

Even as we are awaiting the cure and gradually easing the lockdown, the majority of individuals will continue to see this COVID19 pandemic as more of a disadvantage to them.

I know right now you will be asking yourself, why is my title saying benefits when I am listing the Downsides but stay with me a bit longer and you will find out.

Just like my opening quote, in life, everything bad we go through always has a positive outcome, if we look a bit deeper. And like every other thing in life, COVID19 pandemic also came with its advantages which are as follow:

IMPROVEMENT ON HYGIENE: Before now, the personal hygiene of a normal Nigerian is little or nothing. Like the popular saying “Dirty no dey kill African man”, we believed that nothing is spoilt or damaged, so we tend to live a carefree lifestyle. But since the introduction of the pandemic, Nigerians are now washing their hands regularly, cleaning their environments and avoiding things that put their life at risk (like going out without facemask).

IMPROVEMENT OF HEALTH SECTOR: It’s no news that the health sector in Nigeria has always been in jeopardy, a sector where adequate finance is not disbursed for maintenance or improvements but with the introduction of the pandemic and closure of borders all over the world, our healthcare system is now being looked into and necessary measures which include the 112 isolation and treatment centres are now in place.

TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT:

https://everyevery.ng/the-benefits-of-covid19-pandemic/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic by Goldp5988(f): 5:44am On Jul 17, 2020
That's it, in all we still have to give thanks.
Re: Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic by Africanbest(m): 5:47am On Jul 17, 2020
Goldp5988:
That's it, in all we still have to give thanks.

it's important to see the positivity in things
Re: Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic by Freestainworld(m): 5:58am On Jul 17, 2020
you didn't add, baby factory
Re: Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic by Africanbest(m): 6:00am On Jul 17, 2020
Freestainworld:

that's both positive and negative .. grin
Freestainworld:

that's both positive and negative ..

(1) (Reply)

Before I Lose My Mind / . / [NEW] Gain Heart Knowledge By Joining…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.