Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

Light In The Dark - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Light In The Dark (160 Views)

The Dark Agenda Of The Big Brother Show - A Concerned Opinion / How Do We Interpret The Oil, Fire And Light In The Parable Of The 10 Virgins? / The Dark Secrets Behind The Pope’s Audience Hall (it’s A Giant Reptilian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Light In The Dark by VLadipo: 9:23am On Jul 17, 2020
A severe thunderstorm passed through our new town, leaving high humidity and dark skies in its wake. I took our dog, Callie, for an evening stroll. The mounting challenges of my family’s cross-country move grew heavier on my mind. Frustrated by the countless ways things had strayed so far from our high hopes and expectations, I slowed to let Callie sniff the grass. I listened to the creek that runs beside our house. Tiny lights flashed on and off while hovering over the patches of wildflowers climbing up the creek’s bank. Fireflies.

The Lord wrapped me in peace as I watched the blinking lights cutting through the darkness. I thought of the psalmist David singing, “You, Lord, keep my lamp burning” (Psalm 18:28). Proclaiming that God turns his darkness into light, David demonstrated confident faith in the Lord’s provision and protection (vv. 29–30). With God’s strength, he could handle anything that came his way (vv. 32–35). Trusting the living Lord to be with him through all circumstances, David promised to praise Him among the nations and sing the praises of His name (vv. 36–49).

Whether we’re enduring the unpredictable storms in life or enjoying the stillness after the rains have passed, the peace of God’s constant presence lights our way through the darkness. Our living God will always be our strength, our refuge, our sustainer, and...http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=ourdailybread&&id=4787

Re: Light In The Dark by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34am On Jul 17, 2020
Light in my darkness
Peace for my soul
You are my rescue
You never let go

All my hope is in You
All my strength is in You
With every breath
My soul will rest in You.

Here in my weakness
Always the same
Your love is my shelter
Your life is my way

Constant Savior
Friend forever
Lord You have my heart
Sure foundation
Never failing
Lord You have my heart

All the earth beneath You
All my life before You
With every breath
My soul will rest in You
With every breath
My soul will rest in You.

All my Hope by Hillsong! My Music! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Door Is Shut Against One. / Pleading The Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.