Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,779 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

My Part In The Eye Of History.. Maye.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Part In The Eye Of History.. Maye.. (148 Views)

In The Eye Of The Storm Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement / Only Buhari Can Look Obasanjo In The Eye And Survive It – Adesina / Emeka Ihu Stabbed In The Eye For Preventing Destruction Of Billboard In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Part In The Eye Of History.. Maye.. by packagerz: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2020
MY PART IN THE EYES OF HISTORY.. Dr Ramon Adedoyin

It happened that one day, my children were writing their assignments and the youngest told her elder sister that she would finish before her. I was in the library reading when the holy spirit called my attention to my daughter's boastful statement.

Ordinarily, there was no reason for competition and rivalry at all.
First, their classes differ. The youngest who was competing is in kindergarten class while her sister is in primary class.
Secondly, their assignments also differ.The youngest was to write numbers 1 to 150 while her sister had to tackle some mental mathematics that involved calculations and serious thinking.
As I was busy reading and meditating, I heard my baby shout with a lot of excitement, "I have finished!"
I was almost carried away by her jubilations when suddenly, I heard my wife scold her, "What's wrong with you, why did you write rubbish...?"

This is an assignment my daughter knows well, she used to write it unaided.
But, this time around, she made a lot of mistakes because her motives and intentions were quite wrong,they were completely borne out of competition and rivalry.
Contrary to my daughter's expectations to be praised, commended and applauded, she was rather rebuked.

As childish as it sounds, many a times, whether consciously or unconsciously we also find ourselves wear this same shoe of competition and rivalry, just like my little daughter.

There often comes this fleshy desire to be recognized, do a show off, prove a point, break a record or to attract people's applaud, commendation and recommendations.

With the understanding of the fact that, abilities, giftings, assignments and timing differ, I dare not check another man's watch to run my race.
But I rather stayed on my course,i stayed focused, diligent and connected which has made me to the biggest proprietor of many institutions and the richest son of the ile-ife with networth of 520billion naira.

That is why I am were I am today... I have walked a long (�) walk.

Dr Ramon Adegoke Atobatele Adedoyin.

Maye of Yoruba kingdom
The spirit of Africa..

In the � of history... Volume3
Re: My Part In The Eye Of History.. Maye.. by illicit(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2020
Do giveaway

1 Like

Re: My Part In The Eye Of History.. Maye.. by jabolo(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2020
When trying to teach, be consistent.

There is a serious disconnect between ...

packagerz:

There often comes this fleshy desire to be recognized, do a show off, prove a point, break a record or to attract people's applaud, commendation and recommendations.

and ...

packagerz:

With the understanding of the fact that, abilities, giftings, assignments and timing differ, I dare not check another man's watch to run my race.
But I rather stayed on my course,i stayed focused, diligent and connected which has made me to the biggest proprietor of many institutions and the richest son of the ile-ife with networth of 520billion naira.

The man just couldn't resist.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Edo Govt Seeks Increased Private Sector Involvement In Control Effort / John Campbell: A Failed Envoy On A Sinister Mission / Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Optimistic Of A Successful Primary Election In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.