Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

MTN Launches Esim Service In Nigeria — See How To Activate It For Free - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Launches Esim Service In Nigeria — See How To Activate It For Free (282 Views)

I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. / Ndic – “digital Currency Trading Is Not Legal In Nigeria” See Why! / I Just Collected My Gt Naira Master Card How Can I Activate It On The Atm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN Launches Esim Service In Nigeria — See How To Activate It For Free by Ifeanyiwrite: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2020
After launching 5G service in South Africa earlier this month, MTN has taken another great step ahead of other telecom companies by launching eSIM service in Nigeria. eSIM (Embedded/Electronic SIM) is not entirely new in the tech space, if you’ve been reading tech news for some times now, you probably should have read about it and how it works.

This technology became popular with the launch of the iPhone Xs, Xs Max and Xr which launched in 2018. With eSIM, you don’t need a physical SIM card to use your smartphone or browse the internet. We’ve already seen company’s like SIMOWIRELESS offer free internet service using built-in eSIM on new smartphones.

With MTN eSIM service, you can make and receive calls normally as you would on a physical SIM, however, it requires a mobile network to work. You can use a physical SIM (SIM 1) to activate the eSIM and use it as your second SIM or activate it over a Wi-Fi connection. The eSIM is also used wearables (smartwatches).

I recently used something quite similar to the embedded SIM on the Infinix Note 7 via SIMO app which is based on the virtual sim technology and it works flawlessly.

This technology may finally put an end to the stress of retrieving a lost SIM card from a stolen/lost phone as you won’t need to put your physical SIMs into your smartphone. You only need to register your SIM on the eSIM and then hide the SIM pack somewhere safe so you can always have it whenever you need to use it on another device if required.

Some Benefits of eSIM includes;

It allows you to have more than one phone number associated with your smart device. They are particularly useful for people who want to manage personal and business lines.
The possibility of losing or damaging your SIM is reduced because it is built into your device.
You no longer have to deal with cutting SIM cards or finding adapters.
It is extremely convenient for frequent travellers, making it easier to switch between network operators.
❝The eSIM trial will run for one year and is open on a first come first served basis to a limited number of subscribers who own compatible devices,❞ MTN.

FULL NEWS: https://fojusi.com/mtn-launches-esim-service-in-nigeria-see-how-to-activate-it-for-free-on-eligible-phones/
Re: MTN Launches Esim Service In Nigeria — See How To Activate It For Free by timifaithus(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2020
Good one

(1) (Reply)

Longrich Promo / Please I Need Giveaway Ideas For My Business, VA Patrick / Surgical Face Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.