Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:00 PM

I Won’t Condone Any Disrespect To The National Assembly — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Condone Any Disrespect To The National Assembly — Buhari (146 Views)

I Will sign Restructuring Bill once Passed by the National Assembly - Buhari / UN Assembly: Buhari’s Journey To US Aimless, Lacks Objective- PDP / We Won’t Condone Attacks On Tinubu, Salvador Replies El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Condone Any Disrespect To The National Assembly — Buhari by Ifeanyiwrite: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
The president, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) told his appointees that he would in no way tolerate any form of disrespect to the National Assembly.

In a statement made public his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the president sent this message to his appointees during his meeting with the Senate President, Ahmed Law-abiding and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila in the state house in Abuja.

The statement had the title “President Buhari reads riot act to Ministers, MDA’s, Chief executives on relationship with NASS.”

This is suspected to be a response to the altercation between the Minister of State for Labour and Publicity and the national assembly.

The president emphasized in the statement that the aforementioned members of his cabinet should always conduct themselves manners that would not undermine the independence and respect of the national assembly as an institution.

It read “In the course of their conversation, recent events at the National Assembly were highlighted and the President re-emphasised his utmost respect for the National Assembly, adding that any disrespect to the institution by any member of the executive branch will not be accepted.

FULL NEWS: https://fojusi.com/i-wont-condone-any-disrespect-to-the-national-assembly-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

NDDC Probe: Reps Committee Summons Akpabio, NDDC MD, Others / Https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/nddc-saga-akpabio-has-failed-us-ndelta-stake / Who Is Afraid Of Prof Yemi Osinbajo? By ETIM ETIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.