Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

234World.com Portal - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / 234World.com Portal (2741 Views)

234world.com Online Comparison Shopping For Nigerians -interswitch Accepted Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

234World.com Portal by kachiface(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2007
I wonder why they keep saying nigeria is unsafe for online transactions. interswitch has done a great job in getting the tch right. eTranzact seems to be tagging along, however much slowly.

Who go buy is a nice site, but i wonder if ebuynigeria took a look before coming up. Competition is good, it means better service delivery to the customers and general public.

However, take a look at this: http://www.234world.com

you get the functionality of online payments for those that are not ill informed of the nigerian internet public. Before you start judging, i'd ask anyone to research on the statistics of web hack and also how many frauds have occurred on interswitch cards, I think we should always keep our paranoias centered on facts and not fiction.

419 - the greatest scare about nigeria is basically story telling to get money off people, and has nothing to do with technology and safety of online payments.

Re: 234World.com Portal by 9ja4eva: 1:00am On May 23, 2007
How many we get oh?
Re: 234World.com Portal by dearstan(m): 10:45am On May 23, 2007
@kachi_face

Site is not bad at all
Re: 234World.com Portal by Seun(m): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2007
I think the portal is pretty impressive, although I find the design (organization) a little intimidating.
Re: 234World.com Portal by otoidea(m): 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2007
the catalog structure is anoyin, it dusnt always take u to wat u want, or mayb it was just a bug at the time i visited

hope they fix tht soon

the idea is a good 1

the implementation is wat we need to keep our fingers crossed for

234world just might be the next big thing to rub shoulders with the likes of ebay
Re: 234World.com Portal by tellmemore(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2007
Lovely site but category takes you no where.
Re: 234World.com Portal by Lotachi: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2007
Re: 234World.com Portal by 9ja4eva: 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2007
Nice site
Re: 234World.com Portal by chiegemba(f): 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2007
9ja is improvin real gud cheesy
Re: 234World.com Portal by Seun(m): 1:07am On Jun 16, 2007
I'm also interested in this business, though I'm planning a completely different approach to it. Hint. wink
Re: 234World.com Portal by dearstan(m): 2:13am On Jun 16, 2007
Seun:

I'm also interested in this business, though I'm planning a completely different approach to it. Hint. wink
if you need advise in anyway, you can contact me via my email on profile. Meanwhile got to ask you what exactly is your plan?
Re: 234World.com Portal by Seun(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2007
My plan is to build a site that encourages the average internet user in the developing world to do business online.
Re: 234World.com Portal by dearstan(m): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2007
Well then, you sure do have a task ahead. Cus personally i know wat it takes, Getting the site online may not be the problem but effective publicity is key to its success. If the site is not well publicised, it would just be another unknown site on the internet.
Goodluck in it
Re: 234World.com Portal by Lotachi: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2007
2 Deal4Real is a online marketplace for the average internetuser!
We mainly focus on small scale businesses and selling of private goods. Ad placement is free and no selling fee. 100% Free and that is how it will be.
2 Deal4Real was inspired by Gumtree.com but tailored the site according to the unique needs of Nigeria and Nigerians in diaspora. 2Deal4Real would like to contribute to give Nigeria and Nigerians a more positive image on the internet. And to give them chance to do online business in a genuine way on their "own" marketplace.

Please read more about 2Deal4Real on the site (FAQ and about us):

"There are unscrupulous people in all walks of life and the internet is no different. You must be on your guard, use common sense in all transactions and if in doubt, do not part with your money/goods. Remember, if it seems too be good to be true, it usually IS too good to be true. The purpose of 2deal4real is to encourage face-to-face, local, trading."
Re: 234World.com Portal by Seun(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2007
I think 2Real4Deal is an interesting innovation, and I think your interface is really smart. Good luck with it!
Re: 234World.com Portal by amacsen: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2007
i don't think they are serious in business.
Re: 234World.com Portal by Lotachi: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2007
amacsen:

i don't think they are serious in business.

Who is not serious in business?

For sure 2Deal4Real is!
Re: 234World.com Portal by Afam(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2007
Hmmm, can one really settle for a one site fits all website on this next big thing we are looking for in Nigeria?

For sure ideas will come and hope that they will be implemented properly and most importantly advertised well enough to get meaningful traffic.

A web project I started fiddling with some months ago was uploaded to a server about a month ago. This is supposed to be a free website where a lot of activities can be completed online by Nigerians.

More and more features will be added as time permits and hope it will be useful to the intended audience.

Any thoughts on www.afamite.com?

It seems the site will be sold at the end of the day as I can not guarantee that I will have the time to do so.

NB; The site was developed from scratch, nothing like downloading and tweaking scripts here and there. That means that there is no limit to features and functionalities that can be implemented on the site as long as it makes sense.
Re: 234World.com Portal by initiator(m): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2007
Online biz have not made the big bang effect needed in naija for 1 main reason: poor communication strategy. U guys touting these commerce sites have to understand that for now they're restricted to the marginal techie populace in lagos and maybe PH and abj.

I was speaking to an isreali the other day and i showed em nairaland and he was suprised that a site for nigs would only have about 100k registrd users in a country of 150m people. Even lag has about 10m and yet our net usage is so poor. Aside the traditional poor net usage of nigs, nig sites have not done well in pulling crowd from the traditional media to the new media: the net. They've not driven crowds from the traditional markets (alaba, shoping malls and co) to the new market. Its all a function of targeted advertising. So am afraid these new sites - whogobuy, 234world, buynigeria and seun's own might not have longevity cos they just blink in the dark.
Re: 234World.com Portal by 3dhunter(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2007
for all those who believe that their is hope in Nigeria, we support each other.  their has to be a first time, and we have to grow. we will not stay backward because we are backwards. Nigeria will continue to move forward. and all those pessimists will find out that they have been left behind
Re: 234World.com Portal by Obodo5(m): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2009
;d
Re: 234World.com Portal by otikpoko(m): 7:55am On Feb 20, 2009
234world.com is the worst online shopping site i have ever been to.Can you imagine that for more than six months,i was adding what i wanted to purchase from the site which they did not have to their wish list or whatever for more than good six months with no reply.All they will tell is that if you are looking for something and you couldn't find it,add it to wish list and they will get back to you if they have gotten it or they will refer to where you can get it.Of which they did not.Besides,the price for their product is toooo high but then,i wasn't thinking about the price because i really need that stuff very badly.They are selling mmc card 1gb for N8,000(blooooody thieves!).Infact this site is my worst shopping nightmare.Bloooooooooooody liars,making me to waste all my time for six months and two weeks.234world sucks to the core.I recommend this shopping site to no one.@poster,your site or whatever work you may be doing for the site,sucks to the bone marrow angry
Re: 234World.com Portal by hmo: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2009
@otikpoko, i can imagine how bad you feel about online shopping but i am sure if you take out time to visit shopfromamericanigeria.com, you will be impressed to do online shopping in nigeria. i shopped online from their site and paid with my ATM card, you wont believe i got my stuffs delivered to my house. Although they have other payment options on the site, try it and ur opinion will change.
Re: 234World.com Portal by abasiko: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2009
another one www.auction44.com [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]has joined the fray, a little bit different in that it actually has real bidding going on, Nigerians are really trying, lets hope they get the right support and publicity. Kudos all.
Re: 234World.com Portal by elomi: 9:03am On May 11, 2012
@Kachi_face....Very Pathetic I would say. Here was a man touting how much we should believe in Nigerian e-commerce sites.
After should I say 5 years one still can not navigate to catalogue. As at today 11th May 2012 if you click on catalogue on 234world it will take you to 234World Customer care. Na wao! Na real wa!

After all the effort and resources invested in this crap called 234 World portal nothing to show for it except buggy and over bloated interface. We should all learn from stuffs like this. We have a record of poor finishing in Nigeria and we are quick to rush into the market.

Anyway lesson learned...

(1) (Reply)

Briefly Used Sony Ericsson W960i 8 Gig,touch Screen Phone For Sale For 20k / 1000+ Turnkey Websites With Resell Rights Business For 10k / 3weeks Old elephone P7000 For Selll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.