Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams (981 Views)

Who Was The Best Player That Never Won The Ballon d'Or Award? / Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by anekearinze(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
[b][/b]

I have never seen anyone in the game this big. There is no better way to depict Nigeria as the giant of Africa than to have him lead the African giant into the football pitch in an international game. He is for sure a massive lad. He is 1.85m and weighs 102kg.

This 38-year-old Anglo-Nigerian, Adebayo Akinfenwa, plays as a striker for Wycombe in the English League One. His side just got promoted to the English Championship after goals from Anthony Stewart and Joe Jacobson helped them beat Oxford United at Wembley in Monday’s League One play-off final. This earned them a promotion to England’s second tier for the first time in their 133 year history. In the 2019-20 EFL season, he banged in 10 goals in 20 appearances to become the club’s top goalscorer.

Don't they say that heaven is filled with answers for our prayers but unfortunately we do not ask for them? One of the ways we can create opportunities for ourselves is by asking. While celebrating his team's stellar performance, Akinfenwa who was so elated screamed to the microphone that he would want Liverpool’s boss, Jurgen Klopp, to come to celebrate with him. During his post-match interview with the Sky Sports crew, he yelled into the microphone;

"Look, look, let me calm down. First and foremost, I want to thank God, because today he made the impossible possible." "Four years ago I stood in front of you and I was technically unemployed."
"Let me tell you something, the only person that can hit me up on WhatsApp this time is Klopp, so we can celebrate together. You get me? Oi!"

Much later, Klopp, the Red’s gaffer, took to the Whatsapp social media video platform to answer to Akinfenwa’s wish. And the German said;

"Hello big man, congratulations!"
"Watched the game, well I didn't see the post-match interviews but Hendo [Jordan Henderson] or one of my players told me that you want to get, what did you think to say? If you could get in contact with me on WhatsApp, here we go!"
"Congratulations. I'm pretty sure your whole life at least a Championship player and now finally, you are there. Well done." "Great, great victory. Even in strange times, I hope you celebrate appropriately."

REFLECTION
We should not be afraid to speak up ourselves. The word we speak is a powerful force and it can go a long way in making things happen for us. When we want something, we should be courageous enough to ask for it- be it in the office, at home or in relationships. It is like in the game of football where if you don't shoot, you may never score.

The remarkable thing about Akinfenwa was that Klopp was not even watching. It was his captain, Jordan Henderson, that heard the wish and then passed it to his boss. Akinfenwa did not only get to celebrate with Klopp on video, but the gaffer also ended up inviting him to the Red’s trophy parade. He is sure living his dreams as a die-hard Liverpool fan. Just by speaking up, he got more than he wished.

He will surely not walk alone on the trophy parade day!

It does appear that we simply do not pray enough at times. If Klopp could listen to his captain to fulfill the request of someone he has no relationship with, you can imagine what God can do for us if we ask hard enough.

For more inspirational stories, visit;
https://anekearinzeblog.com

Reference: www.goal.com

Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by ReorxTohGan(m): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
see better Defender... guy's too huge for a player!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by MaestroID(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Complete defence Squad in One person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by azadus18: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2020
Danny shittu brother
Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by decatalyst(m): 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
MaestroID:
Complete defence Squad in One person

Absolutely!

Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by anthonyuncle(m): 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
what be dz?
he should really be paying da club, him dey use them keep fit
Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by Martdc(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
see better Defender... guy's too huge for a player!
Na striker o

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by tillaman(m): 3:30am On Jul 18, 2020
This one na HULK, Mountain of a man
Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by Teeklef(m): 4:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Wahaala
Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by paulolee(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2020
better as sarz official or DSS official..
Re: Meet The Only Nigerian Football Player That Is Bigger Than His Dreams by Kingdemi212019: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2020
God of header

(1) (Reply)

For All You Football News, Chats And Discussion Join This Forum Visit / No More Debate As Oxford Maths Professor Eventually Proves Cristiano Ronaldo To / Bet9ja Has Been Under Cyber Attack By Russia Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.