Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race (502 Views)

Sam Oboh Shot, Car Riddled With Bullets [PHOTOS] / BREAKING: APC Disqualifies Shittu From Guber Race Over NYSC Scandal / 2019 Oyo Guber Race: Minister Of Communication Gets Buhari’s Nod To Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race by iamogunlowo(m): 2:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Former British and Commonwealth Light heavyweight boxing champion, Peter Oboh has congratulated his sister, Mabel Oboh who has been handed the ticket by the African Democratic Congress as candidate for the September 18 governorship election in Edo state.

Reacting to his sister’s nomination, the former boxing champion said. “this is a welcome development as it would provide the Edo people a fresh departure from the past.” The former WBA Intercontinental champion said, “with Mabel, a woman on the ballot paper as the governorship candidate of her party, history has been made, no matter where the pendulum swings. In politics, an area dominated by men, it is difficult for women to get a chance at the top. That is why I am extremely happy for her and I will support my sister to the tilt in her bid to become governor of Edo state.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/oboh-declares-support-for-sister-in-edo-guber-race/

Re: Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race by pyyxxaro: 5:55am On Jul 18, 2020
It’s a nice one but it’s obviously a wide goose chase

She won do like that womanfor KOWA party
Re: Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race by SmartProf(m): 6:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Of course the brother has to encourage her, and the lady may just want to challenge herself even if she wouldn't win. Many times in political periods like this, she is likely to be settled with mega money or a promised appointment/contract to step down, so that the political party she will step down for can brag about it that it's got massive support.

1 Like

Re: Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race by Maxymilliano(m): 6:46am On Jul 18, 2020
She better retrace her steps and join the winning team ...

Re: Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race by Hoelujohn: 7:13am On Jul 18, 2020
Maxymilliano:
She better retrace her steps and join the winning team ...
How can I join obaseki online media team? I heard that the pay is 20k monthly. I know how to hype very well
Re: Oboh Declares Support For Sister In Edo Guber Race by CallmeKaren(f): 3:17am On Jul 22, 2020
SmartProf:
Of course the brother has to encourage her, and the lady may just want to challenge herself even if she wouldn't win. Many times in political periods like this, she is likely to be settled with mega money or a promised appointment/contract to step down, so that the political party she will step down for can brag about it that it's got massive support.

Well said

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election: Chief Imam Of Benin City, Enabulele Endorses Obaseki / We Don't Control The Police, Explain Edo Assembly Tussle To The World / Buhari Hate Igbos..please Take A Listen From Air Peace CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.