Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? (1797 Views)

Mechatronics (IIT, Lagos) Or CCNA (cisco) / What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? / Help! Ccna Without Bsc: Any Employment Opportunities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2011
Firstly,i am still confused on which career path to start off with. I am yet to decide on whether to start off on the voice admin path (CCNA Voice) or the wireless path. Therefore, i'd like to hear people's opinion, with the current NIGERIAN market as the deciding factor. Also, just in case i decide to start with the wireless path, is it better to go with CWNA or start with the CCNA and go CCNA wireless? Again i would love the answers to consider the current market in our country. Thanks
Re: Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 07, 2011
Guys whats happening? I really need the answers please,
Re: Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? by AjanleKoko: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2011
IP voice is a new but steadily growing area in Nigeria. Go for CCNA voice. With a good grasp of IP fundamentals, you can actually do both voice and data routing applications.
Re: Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

IP voice is a new but steadily growing area in Nigeria. Go for CCNA voice. With a good grasp of IP fundamentals, you can actually do both voice and data routing applications.
You hit the nail on the head there sir! Thanks.
Re: Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? by salihuali1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
Following the MainOne and Glo1 Fiber landings, the voice and wireless markets are sure to boom - PrePaid calling card (packetizing voice) businesses will flourish and existing ISP's are sure to provide SIP services, ALSO, there'd be expansion of existing Wireless ISP (Ikorodu in Lagos is on the roll-out list of two Major Wireless ISP's in Lagos, Badagry is coming soon).
My issue with your post is your deciding factor, Your passion should always be your deciding factor, never your locale ! Take some time to run through related videos and books in both areas, stay sensitive till something tickles your fancy, causes your brain to hum like an engine or makes your heart beat faster. Note it and look deep within yourself - then make the move. Picture what height you'd have attained in the next five years. Hit the ground running and hit it hard, your career is sure to skyrocket in the next three years if you keep at it.
If you do decide to go with Wireless, in my opinion go with the CWNA.
CCNA-Wireless is too vendor-focused and doesn't give you a proper grounding in the fundamentals of RF Networking knowledge that you could export into the Mobile Telecom domain.
All The Best man. Let us know how it goes.
Cheers
Re: Please Help-ccna Wireless Or Cwna? by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 11, 2011
salihu_ali:

Following the MainOne and Glo1 Fiber landings, the voice and wireless markets are sure to boom - PrePaid calling card (packetizing voice) businesses will flourish and existing ISP's are sure to provide SIP services, ALSO, there'd be expansion of existing Wireless ISP (Ikorodu in Lagos is on the roll-out list of two Major Wireless ISP's in Lagos, Badagry is coming soon).
My issue with your post is your deciding factor, Your passion should always be your deciding factor, never your locale ! Take some time to run through related videos and books in both areas, stay sensitive till something tickles your fancy, causes your brain to hum like an engine or makes your heart beat faster. Note it and look deep within yourself - then make the move. Picture what height you'd have attained in the next five years. Hit the ground running and hit it hard, your career is sure to skyrocket in the next three years if you keep at it.
If you do decide to go with Wireless, in my opinion go with the CWNA.
CCNA-Wireless is too vendor-focused and doesn't give you a proper grounding in the fundamentals of RF Networking knowledge that you could export into the Mobile Telecom domain.
All The Best man. Let us know how it goes.
Cheers
Thank you sir for the opinion. Its been long you posted here. I tried calling you once but you didnt pick,will try again though. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview / Problems Of Studying Geophysics,industrial Chemistry And Geology In Nigeria / Revealed: Why People Say Lawyers Are Liars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.