Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees (3060 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries / FG Not Aware Of Keshi’s Salary Arrears – Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by maasoap(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2011
As the number of Nigerians evacuated from Egypt to Nigeria keeps increasing, fresh facts have emerged that the Federal Government will not be responsible for their upkeep.

President Goodluck Jonathan had issued a directive for Nigerians trapped in Egypt to be safely evacuated as the political uprising in the country gradually creeps to two weeks.

Already, the Bangla-desh Airline, which was contracted to carry out the evacuation exercise, had made not less than three landings at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, as at the time of filing this report.

The Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Dr Idi Hong, who spoke exclusively with Sunday Tribune on phone, on Friday, said it would be wrong to say that all Nigerians had been evacuated from Egypt.
He stated that information was adequately passed across to Nigerians, who were caught up in the uprising and willing to return home, to register with the Nigerian Embassy in Cairo or with the embassy’s officials specifically stationed at the airport.

The minister observed that some of the people caught up in the imbroglio went either for business or for visit.

According to him, it is such situation that prompted the government to take the urgent step to assist them return home safely. He said the procedure for the evacuation was well known to Nigerians.

He said, “the number of Nigerians in Egypt is very large. It is not all of them that will likely come back. Some of them went for business. So, those of them that are not permanent there or residing there will be willing to come back.”

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3120-fg-not-responsible-for-upkeep-of-nigerian-returnees-from-egypt-minister-
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by fstranger6: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2011
I knew it

If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2011
Its like they just want them home to vote . . . .nothing else undecided
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by fstranger6: 11:09am On Feb 06, 2011
FL Gators:

Its like they just want them home to vote . . . .nothing else undecided

Who is this FL gator?

You is very funny like hell
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by MaJBlige(f): 11:28am On Feb 06, 2011
funny people.

I bet you want them to keep them in a detention camp and feed them like deportees or what?

I dont get what you want government to do again for them??

Tell us and justify what you want government to do for them. Build houses for them and give them Mercedes Benz cars each.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Arosa(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

funny people.

I bet you want them to keep them in a detention camp and feed them like deportees or what?

Tell us and justify what you want government to do for them. Build houses for them and give them Mercedes Benz cars each.
LOL
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by ziccoit: 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

funny people.

Tell me you typed that while risen from bed after a deep sleep. There is always a provision for this in national budget. These are displaced people that need to be resettled. Go read about the duties of NEMA.

Somebody has said it, they are brought home either to boost election campaign or to vote. I don't expect an irresponsible government to be responsible.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by fredoooooo: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by oludashmi(f): 3:07pm On Feb 07, 2011
Rotfl
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by MaJBlige(f): 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
ziccoit:

Tell me you typed that while risen from bed after a deep sleep. There is always a provision for this in national budget. These are displaced people that need to be resettled. Go read about the duties of NEMA.

Somebody has said it, they are brought home either to boost election campaign or to vote. I don't expect an irresponsible government to be responsible.

AND I DO NOT expect irresponsible citizens to show any sign of responsibility.

LOL.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2011
I am so glad someone finally felt it right to reveal this. And I hope we reveal many more projects claimed by the FG that are not of the FG.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by MaJBlige(f): 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2011
http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=1938&active=news

NEMA evacuates 1069 from Egypt:

Spokesman for NEMA, Yushau Shuaib, said in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday that most of the returnees were in Egypt for medical treatments while others were students studying in various institutions of learning in the North African country. Only few of the returnees went for vacation and businesses.

So, government should be responsible for them after bringing them back to safety in their own country?

Honestly. How do people make use of their brain if ever they have one?
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by cold(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^I wonder o!Is that what America & other countries who have evacuated their citizens do?(Someone wld soon come back with a retort that the circumstances are different)Didn't they have families back in Naija before they left for Egypt.The FG has done the responsible thing by bringing them back home via the Bangladeshi Airline.What else,camp them,feed them & cloth them?Jheeze
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by MaJBlige(f): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2011
sometimes you wonder if some people have brains or if the brain is full of mucus!
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by iphy42: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
Gej is at it again. Dont really expect much from him. Not wit d way corruption has eaten deep in2 evry system in Nigeria
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by johnjoel(m): 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2011
nigeria can never care for their strandid citizen.bad GLJ
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2011
cold:

^^I wonder o!Is that what America & other countries who have evacuated their citizens do?(Someone wld soon come back with a retort that the circumstances are different)Didn't they have families back in Naija before they left for Egypt.The FG has done the responsible thing by bringing them back home via the Bangladeshi Airline.What else,camp them,feed them & cloth them?Jheeze

Actually, in a country where Government sponsors pilgrims on their annual trips, it is good to make it clear that this particular was NOT sponsored in anyway different from what other Governments out there are doing.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by ajadudu: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
People never see good in Nigeria, what would you say of countries like Canada that only flew the citizens to any 3 European city of their choice and asked them to find their way back home from Europe?

What freaking upkeep do you want them to be provided again after they got them back to Nigeria FOC?
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by EzeUche2(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2011
They don't need upkeep. Even the U.S. told their citizens that they are responsible for the expenses accrued from bring them home safely from Egypt. At least Nigerians were given a free ride that even the U.S. did not offer its citizens.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Jen33(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2011
ziccoit said:

Dude, what sort of ''resettlement'' are you talking about? You do realise the majority of Nigerians evacuated were business travellers and tourists? Did they not have homes before they left for Egypt? You want govt to lodge them in hotels in Nigeria? Build houses for them? What sort of ''resettlement'' are you referring to??

In fact something is seriously wrong with some of our people.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by turboman(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2011
I really pains me when some people reason like fools. Do you expect the government to evacuate them from Egypt back to Naija and still be responsible for their upkeep in their home country? These people are Nigerians and not asylum seekers or some foreign refugees. The government gave them a free ride home, i really don't know what more you expect. Afterall, they weren't force to comeback.

If you need a reason to castigate the government, look for a good one.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by biilwwu(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2011
On this our government did the right thing
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
I am so glad someone finally felt it right to reveal this. And I hope we reveal many more projects claimed by the FG that are not of the FG.

Just wondering if you were reading in between lines or outside it ------- or maybe upside down.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Tingles(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2011
Are they expecting preferential treatment? Simply put, Fg is not responsible for its citizens (Returnees or Not)
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
babasoty:

Just wondering if you were reading in between lines or outside it ------- or maybe upside down.

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by olubuffett: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
They are even lucky they got free ride home, British gov is charging its citizens for bringing them home.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by tonardo(m): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2011
Did they say nt satisfied wit d free ride? How manytimes we at home has gotten free even BRT,MOULU,DANFO,KEKE, even OKADA ride. Pple dat are happy 2 b back someone is complain 4 dem. All of u complainin must hav a relation from Eygpt.
Abeg make una talk better thing.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by tlops(m): 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
Are they (Nig Govt) going to fly them back after the crisis?
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by goggs(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
some people's brains are not made up of gray matter but MUCUS matter!

Bringing them home is enough. Don't they have relatives? those that went for holidays should use their money to transport themslves, students should call their parents ASAP.

If your folks have enough money to send you to egypt to school they should have N6,000 to put you in ABC transport (if not danfo bus) to anywhere in this country!

We love to bash the government for good or bad - bringing them home was good enough.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by goggs(m): 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
Do you guys know that AMERICA does not evacuate its citizens for free?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13903377/ns/world_news-mideast/n_africa/

Nucho said there was talk that Americans would have to pay a $300 evacuation fee and be left to sleep on the streets of Cyprus

In statements e-mailed to Americans in Lebanon and posted on the embassy's Web site, the State Department has stressed "that the U.S. government does not provide no-cost transportation but does have the authority to provide repatriation loans to those in financial need. For the portion of your trip directly handled by the U.S. Government we will ask you to sign a promissory note and we will bill you at a later date."
The department added that "we will also work with commercial aircraft to ensure that they have adequate flights to help you depart Cyprus and connect to your final destination."
NBC News reported that it is standard procedure for the State Department to charge citizens fees for evacuations.

Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by MaJBlige(f): 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^

God bless you jare.
Re: Fg Not Responsible For Egypt Returnees by babaogun(m): 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
The UK was collecting £300 for evacuating citizens. Only positive is that if you don't have the cash, they convert it to a loan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City / Oduasolja: The Only ''resource'' Ondo Has In Abundance Is Indian Hemp / Gbawe, Whats Your Take On ACN's Stand On Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.