Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

EFCC Corruption :Allegations Against Me Are Fabricated- Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Corruption :Allegations Against Me Are Fabricated- Magu (154 Views)

Court Orders EFCC To Investigate Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegations / 2019: PDP Presidential Aspirants With Corruption Allegations - Premium Times / Inside EFCC Report On Corruption Allegations Against Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Corruption :Allegations Against Me Are Fabricated- Magu by opeldavid: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
The embattled and suspended Acting Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, who was recently granted bail on self-recognition, on the directive of the presidential panel investigating corruption allegations against him, has for the first time in running to 2 weeks spoke out to the public and revealed that the allegations against him are fabricated and his detention a case of dog-eat-dog.

Magu said this after his release from detention on Wednesday, adding that his current ordeal is one of the risks of the job of fighting against corrupt persons. He further urged Nigerians not to give up on the fight, saying President Muhammadu Buhari must be supported to eradicate corruption in the country.

“They should not be discouraged. I am happy to be back, I believe the war against corruption is winnable. They should not give up on the fight because corruption kills a nation faster than any other thing. “It is not a personal fight. Whether I am EFCC Chairman or not, the anti-corruption war must continue.” On the allegations against him, he said: “The allegations are merely trumped-up allegations to tarnish my image and that of the EFCC. I did not steal or divert or convert funds to private use. I read the allegations and I was shocked.”
Magu has been under detention for 10 days before he was granted bail on personal recognition.

Mr. Magu who have been detained at the Force Criminal Investigations Department, FCID, for 10 days in the first place.

The story of Magu has now become the case of the hunter becoming the hunted or in our local parlance, the 'bush meat is now the hunter and the hunter now the bush meat'

https://dambela.com/2020/07/18/efcc-corruption-allegations-against-me-are-fabricated-magu/

(1) (Reply)

Urhobo Youth Leaders Lament Neglect By FG / Ayade To Build Social Housing For Obudu Ranch Resort Host Communities / Forget Edo Sept 19 Poll, NRM Tells PDP, APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.