Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu (40883 Views)

Joachim Makama: Catholic Priest Dies In Terrible Accident (Photos) / TB Joshua: Cameroonian Doctor Healed Of COVID-19 Disease / Bishop Gerald Glenn Dies Of Coronavirus In US After Holding Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by phemmyfour: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2020
"He was annointed".....meaning? Not immune to corona after all
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by princetemitee(f): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2020
Rip father
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Dagger79(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2020
Rest In Peace Father
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by OtemAtum: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Wahala90:

Unlike markets, Churches are places of order but markets are open. Close markets too if you really care.
When markets are open, you don't know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who died of hunger virus. Close market and you will start knowing somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who has died of hunger virus.

Churches are close and we don't know somebody who knows somebody who died of corona virus. Open church and you will know somebody who knows somebody who died of coronavirus.

Churches and mosques are very useless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by bluefilm: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2020
Edusouls:
My mum died on oxygen 9years ago in Enugu due to lungs infection, so before covid many ailments require immediate oxygen especially for the elderly, so any such death should not be attributed to corona virus, and were the hell did the priest get the disease from? In Enugu or from travel

Don't mind them.

Every death is now covid-related.

Meanwhile... sorry for your loss.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by promzy555(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2020
Pls I need advice, I am in UAE, not working..... For the past 10 days I feel there is something stock in my throat. I swallow things freely without pains, no cough, no running nose,my temperature is ok. but my chest is hot. I went to hospital today I for covid-19 test but the amount is very high, and I don't have such. I explain to the doctor how I am feeling but it seems d doctor can't understand me. I am home now and confuse. I don't know if is bacteria because my legs has been peeling. I need advise
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by obama30: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2020
EBMedia:
Anxiety In Enugu Catholic Diocese As Priest Dies Of COVID-19 In Enugu (Photo)

Joachim Cabanyes, a priest of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu, has died of COVID-19 complications, IgbereTV reports.

The Opus Dei community in Canada confirmed the death, which it said occurred on Thursday, via its Twitter handle.

https://twitter.com/opusdei_canada/status/1284454037073604611?s=19

— Opus Dei Canada (@opusdei_canada) July 18, 2020

A statement made available to IgbereTV on Saturday by Nkemjika Igweshi, secretary to Callistus Onaga, bishop of Enugu diocese, the priest has been buried according to the safety guidelines issued by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

The priest died at the isolation centre of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH). Cabanyes, a Spanish priest of the Opus Dei prelature, served the Nigerian church for more than 20 years.

The deceased joined the Catholic priesthood in June 1985, and also had a degree in biochemistry from the Autonomous University of Madrid (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid).

“He was such a nice, easy-going, cordial, generous, prayerful, and dedicated pastor,” the statement read.

“He hailed from Spain, but loved our people so much and always attended our diocesan functions.

“His body has just been laid to rest, following the NCDC guidelines.

“Please, as we pray for his peaceful repose, let us know that COVID-19 is real and we will do well to observe all the necessary health precautions and safety measures.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1358505/anxiety-enugu-catholic-diocese-priest-dies-covid-19-enugu-photo/

So all this lie is to give empresion that the evil news from wicked leaders is real. World government can decived few but not all people
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Brizzydelphine: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2020
Rest in peace padre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Jman06(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:

Only a f.ool says, there's no GOD
Only a bigger fo0l claims there's a god without showing us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by SexytorresE(f): 10:27am On Jul 19, 2020
John 3:16 might be false then, and also failed him . Me man what are u saying ? grin good day
dokie:

His personal Lord and Savior never promised him a life without sickness, neither did he tell him he would live in this world forever. The promise of the Savior is Eternal Life - A blissful life after death.

That is the Christian Faith.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by PoliteActivist: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
a statement that can't be found anywhere in the book Christians claim to follow. infact, the Bible encourages you guys to cast all their burdens upon him.

When did we switch from discussing God to discussing "the book Christians claim to follow"?
It is like switchng from atheism to paganism.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by PrinceMajestic: 10:49am On Jul 19, 2020
dokie:

If there is no God, who created the world and all that is in it, including you? i'm curious.
why do you think a universe as complex and self sufficient on it own was created by an imaginary male white bearded fairy? Better think like a reasonable human being. The universe didn't need to be created because its life and life is matter which cannot be created nor destroyed. Now I myself wasn't created, I exist because sometime in 1994 legally married couples had sex and there was scientific process which took place called fusion of gametes whereby living cells fertilize ovules and human or whatever specie is formed. So Mr religious fanatic, I am a product of sexual reproduction in Homo sapien spp. I am privileged not to be hatched into life by a hen same with you. Maybe you wouldn't be worried about your sky fairy or how you existed if a snake had hatched you into life, you may be the baby snake to picked up by a hawk for his feed and you life would ve ended but here you are privileged to be exist as new world man and you've been drowning In deception indoctrinated into you from your childhood days when you were still too dumb to think for yourself.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Babathanks(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2020
Rip padre

1 Like

Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Edusouls(m): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2020
Hahahaha it’s 9years now bro I have picked up my pieces and moved on, but you are Good man don’t ask how I know cos I sense them from far
bluefilm:

Don't mind them.

Every death is now covid-related.

Meanwhile... sorry for your loss.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Elvis778(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Edusouls:
My mum died on oxygen 9years ago in Enugu due to lungs infection, so before covid many ailments require immediate oxygen especially for the elderly, so any such death should not be attributed to corona virus, and were the hell did the priest get the disease from? In Enugu or from travel
before COVID-19, how many times do you hear about such deaths?? not just killing anybody, but also killing popular people every week?? COVID-19 causes severe lung infection, and it's logical to relate such deaths to COVID-19 cuz it has never been this high, more popular figures have died this year than 2019 and 2018 put together and we are still at the 7th month of the year, use your head.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by Edusouls(m): 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bro people die well before corona, and why only popular people? So poor people don’t die again?if my mum was admitted now of course they would count it as corona case, there are many pulmonary infections and covid is just one of them, corona is real yes but in Nigeria we are still in doubt cos malaria, infections all is now attributed to corona, as if all other ailments have gone from this world
Elvis778:

before COVID-19, how many times do you hear about such deaths?? not just killing anybody, but also killing popular people every week?? COVID-19 causes severe lung infection, and it's logical to relate such deaths to COVID-19 cuz it has never been this high, more popular figures have died this year than 2019 and 2018 put together and we are still at the 7th month of the year, use your head.
Re: Father Joachim Cabanyes Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Enugu by dokie: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
why do you think a universe as complex and self sufficient on it own was created by an imaginary male white bearded fairy? Better think like a reasonable human being. The universe didn't need to be created because its life and life is matter which cannot be created nor destroyed. Now I myself wasn't created, I exist because sometime in 1994 legally married couples had sex and there was scientific process which took place called fusion of gametes whereby living cells fertilize ovules and human or whatever specie is formed. So Mr religious fanatic, I am a product of sexual reproduction in Homo sapien spp. I am privileged not to be hatched into life by a hen same with you. Maybe you wouldn't be worried about your sky fairy or how you existed if a snake had hatched you into life, you may be the baby snake to picked up by a hawk for his feed and you life would ve ended but here you are privileged to be exist as new world man and you've been drowning In deception indoctrinated into you from your childhood days when you were still too dumb to think for yourself.

You see the bolded? Nothing reasonable or useful happens without intention or will. A married couple intended to have a child, they had to mate for that child to happen. There was an intention, a will and work, before you came into being. You my friend were not an accident, you were intended by reasonable and intelligent beings (your parents). There was an intention, a will, and work was carried out before your parents came into being,Their parents willed it and worked for it. And that's how it goes back to the very first humans.

If you are already a success in this life, i'm sure it didn't happen by accident. I'm sure you intended, willed and worked towards being successful.

At 26, i'm sure if you were to come in contact with a person who is unintentional, lacks any form of willpower and is unwilling to do any type of work, you can say with pin point precision that such a person will not achieve anything in life. The person will remain a failure till death.

I'll take it a step further. If you were to dismantle an existing wrist watch, and put all the component parts in a box and shake vigorously for a hundred years, it will never be wrist watch, and will never be anything useful. But the moment intent/will and work comes into play, it will become a wrist watch in matter of minutes.

My friend, life should have taught you that nothing happens without intent/will and work. Matter is a product of intent,will and work.

The day an atheist can prove that something reasonable exists by chance ( and i mean anything at all including something as uncomplicated as a tooth pick),then i will start reconsidering my position on being theist. Until that is proven, i maintain, that our existence is a product of intent, will and work because approaching 40, i'm yet to see success/achievement without intent/will/work. And only a personality can intend, can will and can work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.