Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

My Opinion: African Union Is A Tootless Dog - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion: African Union Is A Tootless Dog (205 Views)

African Union Presents Letter of Endorsement to IgbereTV Awards (Photos) / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director / Xenophobia: How South African Union Plotted Attacks – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion: African Union Is A Tootless Dog by LOSKYXANDER: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
If you compare the activities of the EU with the AU, you will understand what I mean. Here are some points to drive home

Issue of conflicts: Nigeria has been fighting terrorism for the past decade, and the African Union has done nothing. Chad, Niger and Cameroun wouldn't involve themselves if they were not affected!! Libya's Civil war escalated day by day and the African Union did nothing significant. Guerilla wars and coups have taken place from time to time but member countries not affected only fold their arms and watch.

Travel and studies: In Europe, the EU groups students into National/EU students and International students. Foreign students from EU member countries pay the same fees as national students. Can't the African union at least learn? Let's not even talk about the free movements within EU countries angry

Science and Technology: You can testify to the level of corporation among EU member countries when it comes to scientific research to solve problems within and outside the Eu. A good example is the European Space Agency with head quarters in France. But in the African Union, the reverse is the case.

Economy: Each time I switch to the news channel on TV. I always see headlines stating what the EU is currently doing to improve the economies of member countries. From meetings to conferences to summits, just name it. But I hardly hear anything about the African Union trying to revive struggling economies.

As a matter of fact....I think the African Union should be scrapped!!
Re: My Opinion: African Union Is A Tootless Dog by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Very apt
Re: My Opinion: African Union Is A Tootless Dog by Xisnin(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
Don't compare apples and oranges.
EU membership is legally binding while the AU is not.
Re: My Opinion: African Union Is A Tootless Dog by RemoveKebab: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
Reasons why AU is Toothless or almost even useless

1.extraordinary corruption of African leaders

2.no trust among African countries and it's citizens one sword is pointing outside the other is point at each other, case study Nigeria

3.France, a united Africa will put this guy into bankruptcy for good because he's still feeding from his former colonies or should we call it "former"

4.A lot of powerful counties are depending and feeding from the conflict and confusion in Africa, case study congo's massive lithium reserve is worth more than you think to who ever control it's supply in the rising tech world.

5.docile and unseriousness of its citizens, they take too many b-shits going on in Africa and run off to the serious Whitman's land.

(1) (Reply)

How Tolulope's Death Reveals Nigeria's Political Class As Sick / Group Urges FG To Rethink Osinbajo Committee’s Call For Suspension Of NYSC Camp / c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.