Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116505 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by biodrizzy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
seguno2:

Yes.
To kirikiri maximum security prison.
Or where else does he deserve to come to

I doubt.. Na just house arrest dem go gv am for naija ..awom mfs
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by 3kay945(m): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
Nothing pays better earning from your own sweat,if you are in need of ileya ram and reside within lagos contact me,we sell @a pocket friendly price

How much ?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Coronavirus84: 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
adubam:

I still dey wash my car for ₦300 for Abuja. That money big for boys eyes. So N100 at that time was feasible.
Well I agree with you sha, As at 2005, I was watching cars and danfo buses at Surulere in Lagos state and its #300 for cars and #500 for Jeep
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by BlueAir: 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
angry All of u are mad for ur sense of entitlements. Honestly

3 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Heavensent01(m): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Bro make we relate for shydoki@gmail.com
ok
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Heathrow44:
Is obvious if hushpuppi had lots of friends and helped a lot of people in his streets, he wouldn't have lasted long on this fraud business b4 being caught by EFCC or d interpol or FBI, for d fact that he lasted this long was cos of he had little entitled fellows around him so called "Friends".. There's this saying if u want to go on a journey go with friends but if u want t go far go alone" that's wat hush did! I like d fact that he didn't do anything for anybody in his street or anywhere, nothing u do 4 entitled fellows would ever be enough, just look at he gave someone N5,000 and somebody is talking nonsense that how can a billionaire give her just N5000, poor people are evil and desperately wicked, hushpuppi did d best thing by not staying in Nigeria, he wouldn't have also lasted long here cos Nigerians are wicked selfish people that would av back stabbed him long time ago, he would av lasted longer if he cut ties with Woodberry and worked alone, shown less on IG and kept a low profile
if you want to follow that principle it means that you will stay on a low key life and live a very simple life that nobody will notice or pay attention to but forget hush was wayyyyy too lousy and flamboyant

Of course that will attract oyinbos because a decent wealthy person will not be showing off and flossing like that.loom at the people who show off the most they're the accidentally rich people.look at those who built wealth overtime they're simple, unassuming and give.they never show off at all

They're the ones who will go to a meeting or social gathering with a simple office shirt and jeans and a cheap phone acting like they don't have much but the ones with accidental money or the pocket of a rich man and the brain of a poor man will be the ones living a lousy/notice me life.

Bogus dressing while their wives Will be the ones with excessive and irritating makeup with claw like nails and outrageous jewelry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by duality(m): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Some of the sentiments on the thread are terrible.

People are not looking at the fraud and Ill gotten wealth. They are talking of what he should have done with it?

Indeed Nigerians don't hate corruption and evil money. They only hate that they are not the one involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Kissiemu(m): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nna men!

The woman said Ramon wasn't a thief, he just did Yahoo...

Hahahahaha!

What can a niggah do?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by sowilli: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
I wonder why people expect that because some persons are rich, they will give .... Na Na Na. Money is a spirit but has a physical nature just like man is a spirit in a physical nature. Have you not heard that there is God of money... the mammon Jesus mentioned in the Bible. Unless your source is genuine, your giving can’t be motivated by you. Because when your source is not genuine, you are controlled by money so he tells you what to do and not otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by nonix22(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
I see this as a Neighbourhood, not ghetto.
That Dubai just lost one valuable customer.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by nextstep(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
It's a shame he had to resort to crime.

I'm also doubly annoyed that these types of grass-to-grace people never stop to think: "OK I don chop small, let me share some of the wealth and build a factory in the slum... even if na bag factory, to help raise my people out of poverty". I think "HushPuppi Bags" could have been an excellent brand.

Instead it's only "living my best life" posing with stolen funds. angry

Ah well, he lived his best life, and now he gets to balance it out with 20 years in American jail - which frankly is better than most slums.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by TheBlessedHero: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Accidentally rich people with the mindset of poverty will still become poor because they lack the principles to sustainable wealth that is why the likes of Abiola will become so rich and his family/children will become broke.he was rich,he wasn't sustainably wealthy.so there was no how he could maintain his wealth

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.

Lol, this is not entirely true. When it comes to wealth, there is law of nature that controls it. Hence, for each generation, different family will be wealthy, while those once wealthy will go poor as subsequent generations passed.
Where or who was Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and the likes grandfather or great grandfather?
where or who is Andrew Carnegie, J.P Morgan's grand children and great grand children?
The thing is, no family can sustain wealth for generations, the law of nature will make it go in cycle.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by obadadamioloun: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
Nothing pays better earning from your own sweat,if you are in need of ileya ram and reside within lagos contact me,we sell @a pocket friendly price
How can you be contacted, am interested call me on 07032062504
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Komu1048(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
maybe after 20 years

O boy na depression go kill am be that, cox even though he can’t be as broke as not having millions of Naira. His taste and flamboyant lifestyle isn’t attainable again, and sophisticated people can’t engage him in business anymore thereby putting him in a state of regret and depression

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Wize1: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
martowskin1:

Hush is not the problem, hush is a product of a failed society. More kids like him will rise up from the ignored street.

This is just the beginning. Nigeria is currently in a state when every single person know atleast another person that is into fraud.

Not everyone can accept poverty.. Some will take laws in to their hands and leave that state

Hard as this sounds I agree with you. It’s so bad the average Nigerian is one fried connection from a yahoo boy. If not from childhood, those you met from school and so on. It’s definitely a systemic problem first. One of the problems we have being: the largest % of billionaires or millionaires we have in this country are politicians and their friends, leaving those who can’t get into office to struggle and fight for scraps. Being in govt or being connected to govt is the only sure way to build wealth. It’s sad.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by haiti007(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Coronavirus84:

No matter how local the car wash is, as at 2005, I was still watching cars struggling to go school then, car was never #100

I was wondering bro. When things was hard for me around 2008, I was working in a car wash and we wash car for #400. So I don't think from 2005 to 2008 there will about 300% increment in prices

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Raco1010(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hmmmm and he bought GOLD.....HOW MANY SAW THAT PART.......
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by wfjimmytobby(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
hushpuppi na legend...the rest of you ghetto kids should hustle hard instead of talking s**t about him..for me i don't see anything wrong in collecting from the rich and making use of the cash..get rich or die trying
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by deavicky(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olabode971:
Hmmm... Once a poor boy became Billionaire Now behind the bar with nothing tangible to write about...

#WhatALifeInsideLife
those his designers wares will still be there for him. The only problem is they might not size him again when he comes back after 20years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by brandmix: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Whats all these nonsense.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by haiti007(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Here in the North, its ₦400, the kind of car wash in the picture above.

In 2005, it should be ₦50

Don't guess bro, I use to work in a car wash far back as 2008, and we wash for #400. There's no way that the price would have increased with 300% within how many years
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by nextstep(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Lol, this is not entirely true. When it comes to wealth, there is law of nature that controls it. Hence, for each generation, different family will be wealthy, while those once wealthy will go poor as subsequent generations passed.
Where or who was Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and the likes grandfather or great grandfather?
where or who is Andrew Carnegie, J.P Morgan's grand children and great grand children?
The thing is, no family can sustain wealth for generations, the law of nature will make it go in cycle.

These examples are not "accidental wealth". These people worked extremely hard, were lucky to be at the right place at the right time, and know the value of money. Those people don't just lose their money... their kids might (because they don't have the same drive and didn't work for the money), but the point is that the person who earned their wealth, does not lose it by being flamboyant.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ArewaWife(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Bill Gates grandfather was a governor in a state in America and even left bill some inheritance

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by haiti007(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

In 2012 we used to 2 wash Cars for 300-500 naira.

Even as at 2008, it was same price
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Accidentally rich people with the mindset of poverty will still become poor because they lack the principles to sustainable wealth that is why the likes of Abiola will become so rich and his family/children will become broke.he was rich,he wasn't sustainably wealthy.so there was no how he could maintain his wealth

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.

Abiola was a cheerful giver tho. Generous and generally approachable for someone of that level.

It was just that his main source was the telco contracts, oil allocations and other forms of govt
patronage he was enjoying. So when he bit the hand that fed him it was easier to frustrate his empire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by sageb: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
From the street to Dubai. This guy have been through alot of things, but living a fraudulent life is not good.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by srclark: 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Torie8:
An internet fraudster is a fraudster simple. Call a spade a spade.
Yahoo yahoo no dey pay una no go hear . You people don't know the pains of a struggling person who has be scammed or whose money he has been saving went to these bastards account and they will be flaunting it on social media saying"God don pick my call" thunder fire anybody wey support this guy and all others who are doing the same business or those who intend doing so. When you commit a crime karma awaits you.
Aunty nobody holy pass ,most nigerians dont hate the crime they just hate the people making them feeling less of person on social media this is what i figured out lately .Can you authoritatively say you have paid all your taxes as a nigerian (from nepa bills ,to car papers renewal,to water bill) .The society we live in as made the average nigerian lose their conscience (you can not carry out a simple transaction in nigeria without one party trying to cheat the other from market women , carpenters,mechanics,plumbers,electricians) it is really crazy .

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

Of course, now sounding like someone who has made it in life, he concluded by advising that “dejected kid” not to give up, just like he never did.
Entering stardom, Hushpuppi claimed to be into real estate but this had been trailed by skepticism, with many wondering how the 37-year-old had maintained a luxurious lifestyle for years — from acquiring the latest automobiles, including Rolls-Royce and Ferrari, to hiring private jets to take him holidaying across the best spots in the world.

It didn’t come much as a surprise in June when he was arrested in Dubai, where he was based, with 11 of his associates over email scams known in the Nigerian parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo.

In the special operation dubbed “Fox Hunt 2”, the Dubai police had tracked Hushpuppi for about four months, and upon his arrest, it was alleged that the crimes committed outside the UAE, included money laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, impersonation, banking fraud and identity theft worth Dh1.6 billion (an estimated N168 billion).

The police also revealed that 1,926,400 victims were targeted by the syndicate.

Subsequently extradited to the US for trial on money laundering, his lawyer, however, insisted that Hushpuppi “became rich through real estate.”

The real estate claim is what some residents of Ogunyomi street in Oworonshoki would dismiss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp

Hushpuppi is a thief
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by adekunle0000: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
You only need to read Walter Rodney's book "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" for you to understand that men like Blessed Hushpuppi are on a divine mission. You may choose not to exalt them, but please do not castigate them either. The Caucasians are cold-blooded motherfuckers! They have been raping us mercilessly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Sweetcho: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
Smh

The holy book says a fool and his money are soon seperated

If you are a fool and you have 500 billion,if you have poverty of the mind and brain, you will loose it

Hushpupi lacks wisdom.a rich man without wisdom will still go back to square one

Another issue is that he was not a giver.how can a woman who was good to you during your broke days just give her a paltry ₦5000

If at all you're stingy you should have helped her renovate her shop and give her better equipments for her buisness since she was a kind buisness woman

This days how many food sellers sell food with compassion?

Well said he only gave her £10 how disgracefully embarrassing! If £100 at least that would have been something for someone who has given you food when you had none
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by haiti007(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
phemmyfour:
not a standard car wash

No matter how standard it was then, cars were not washed for that amount. Even car wash at Ibadan that don't use bore, water hose etc charges more than #100.

Note; before I could be so confident, I have worked in car washes in 3 States in Nigeria
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by pacespot(m): 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
"he was not a thief but he was a yahoo" said mama dele. na that part caught me most smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Orji Police Station Attack In Owerri, Hoodlums Share Weapons (Video) / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.