Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR (242 Views)

Shehu Responds To Ortom’s Claim That Buhari Ordered Fulani Herdsmen Protection / Wike Criticises State Pardon Granted To Dariye & Nyame, Garba Shehu Responds / Garba Shehu refutes Sahara Reporters' Report, Denies writing stories for NAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by Shehuyinka: 6:08am On Jul 19, 2020
GARBA Shehu, the presidential spokesperson has denied claims made by SaharaReporters that he authored the controversial report which accused Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President and Femi Falana, a human right lawyer of being involved in the allegation against the embattled former Acting Chairman of the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu.

Shehu said he does not write for the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), thus could not be accused to have authored the said report.

“I don’t write stories for NAN,” Shehu told The ICIR in a reply to a text message sent to his line.

Shehu also said NAN never published a report indicting the vice president.

“NAN did not at any time write any such rubbish against the respected Vice President. So, I cannot be accused of doing a story that never was published by the government agency.”

Sahara Reporters had earlier accused Shehu in a tweet shared on its verified handle. It described the presidential aide as the “ghostwriter” of the viral report.

The New York-based online newspaper alleged Osinbajo got N4 billion while Falana was given N28 million.

Meanwhile, an online newspaper had on July 8, published a similar report headlined: “How Magu Embezzled N39 billion, Gave Osinbajo N4 billion, Begs for Soft Landing.”

The report which has since been denied by Lalolu Akande, media aide to Osinbajo became an issue of public debate.

Magu also refuted the report of giving the purported sum to the vice president.

Other newspapers that published the same story have deleted the post.

One of the national dailies which had reportedly sourced the story from NAN, in which Falana was indicted has apologised for the publication.

This was after Falana through his lawyer, Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) had demanded a retraction of the story.

Meanwhile, despite published reports which showed the controversial story purportedly emanated from the NAN, the presidential spokesperson insisted otherwise.

As of the time of filing this report, NAN is yet to denying publishing the report.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/i-dont-write-for-nan-this-could-be-price-for-doing-my-job-garba-shehu-responds-to-sahara-reporters/

Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by helinues: 6:11am On Jul 19, 2020
Sowore's media will be irrelevant before 2023 presidency..
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by okefrancis: 7:09am On Jul 19, 2020
Both NAN And Saharareportes are mischievous and they are supposed to be removed from the history of journalism
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by Naturopathic: 7:10am On Jul 19, 2020
Sowore and his gangs will soon be jailed again for the lies and propaganda
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by LaboPolitics: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2020
Osinbade should vomit the N4b yam. Shikena!
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by Shooyie: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2020
The regularity of fake news these days is alarming and most people believe the fake news cos it usually goes inline with their thought.
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by Deputy1111(m): 7:19am On Jul 19, 2020
Those people carrying fake news all around are the enemy of Nigeria, May God expose them.
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by donstan18: 7:23am On Jul 19, 2020
There are some truth in every rumor.
Re: I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR by Sonoyom(m): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2020
APC enjoyed this very cheap propaganda machine when they were an opposition party, now they are in power the table has turned.

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Disorganization In Buhari’s Government - Garba Shehu / I Have Come To Chase Snake, COVID-19 Party From Edo- Oshiohmole / Police Discover Decomposing Body Of Kidnap Victim In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.