Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time (15504 Views)

Poll: Will Siasia Get Off To A Winning Start?

Yes, He Will: 89% (93 votes)
No, He'll lose: 4% (5 votes)
Match Will End In A Draw: 5% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by mukina2: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2011
saxywale:

yes, i don reach here, battle line drawn Queen Muki cool
fo sho cool grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by alldone(m): 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2011
pls dont even mention yak i this team abeg.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by tlops(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2011
we suppose beat them
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by niceone3(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
I still stand on my stand. Where is FATKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBU!!??
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by niceone3(m): 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
I still stand on my stand. Where is STRIKER FATKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBUKU!!??
*no Fatkubu no entertainment. Siasia should take note.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by seunlayi(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
nice.one:

I still stand on my stand. Where is STRIKER FATKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBUKUBUKU!!??
*no Fatkubu no entertainment. Siasia should take note.
he will be leading the attack when super eagles will be playing against the wives of nigeria states governors in a novelty match on the 31st of February 2011. Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32am On Feb 08, 2011
Eagles Cancel Training
Posted: Posted: 2011-02-07 21:20

SOURCE

Samson Siasia will only have one full day of training with his squad before taking on Sierra Leone, after being forced to cancel Monday's training session because he didn't have enough players.

As at 4pm when the squad were scheduled to leave their Eko Hotel lodgings for training, only 5 players had reported.

By 5pm, that number had taken to nine, and an hour later, it was 13.

The rest of the players were expected to arrive by Monday night.

The team will train twice on Tuesday.

Players in camp:
Joseph Yobo, Osaze Odemwingie, Julius Ubido, Wasiu Sowemimo, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Ekigho Ehiosun, Michael Odibe, Taye Taiwo, Adefemi Olubayo, Peter Utaka, Ahmed Musa, Joel Obi and Obinna Nsofor
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by 12large1: 12:38am On Feb 08, 2011
decent selection. average defence, average midfield and good forwards. i hope siasia don't have any grudges towards kalu uche or haruna lukman because i watched them yesterday and they played really well. since siasia is a 442 guy with mikel obi out {supposely} due to artificial pitch i expect him to go 442

enyeama,

okonkwo, yobo, odibe, taiwo

nwankwo

musa, obi joel, obinna

emenike osaze

my players to watch are emenike and joel obi.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 12:38am On Feb 08, 2011
Siasia Names 20 For Sierra Leone
Posted: 2011-02-07 11:00

SOURCE

Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has named his 20-man squad to face Sierra Leone on Wednesday.

Skipper Joseph Yobo leads the team, which also has Inter Milan youngsters Joel Obi and Obiorah Nwankwo in.

Domestic league hat trick hero Ekigho Ehiosun also gets his chance to replicate his goalscoring at international level.

The Warri Wolves forward is is one of three domestic league players in the squad.

The others are Heartland's Chibuzor Okonkwo and Julius Ubido, with Kano Pillars' Wasiu Sowemimo also included

The Squad:
. Vincent Enyeama
. Bamidele Aiyenugba
. Taye Taiwo
. Joseph Yobo
. Olubayo Adefemi
. Chibuzor Okonkwo
. Wasiu Sowemimo
. Elderson Echiejile
. Michael Odibe
. Julius Ubido
. Obiora Nwankwo
. Joel Obi
. Olufemi Ajilore
. Mikel Obi
. Emmanuel Emenike
. Ekigho Ehiosun
. Ahmed Musa
. Osaze Odemwingie
. Peter Utaka
. Obinna Nsofor  
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2011
Is it not ironic that Sierra Leone had a full training session yesterday @ the Campos Square, Lagos but the host team the Super Eagles were unable to train cos there weren't enough players in camp (only 5) as at the 4pm scheduled time for training? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid1(m): 9:41am On Feb 08, 2011
Victor Anichebe To Miss S/Leone Friendly
Posted: 2011-02-08 08:50

http://www.kickoff.com/news/20150/victor-anichebe-to-miss-friendly-against-sierra-leone.php

Everton’s Victor Anichebe will not join up with Nigeria for their friendly against Sierra Leone on Wednesday due to persistent injury.

Even though the striker was on the bench for the Toffees’ 5-3 defeat of Blackpool at the weekend, he will now be replaced by Ehiosun Ekigho of Warri Wolves. Anichebe had been called up to replace injured Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi, who would have made his Nigeria debut.

Ekigho, who will make his debut for the Super Eagles, scored a hat-trick at the weekend against Sharks in the Nigeria Premier League and is leading scorer in the League with seven goals.

There was also doubt of Chelsea’s John Obi Mikel playing in the game that will be held at the artificial turf of the Teslim Balogun Stadium as the club’s doctors said that the just returned from surgery player cannot play on artificial pitch.

West Brom’s Osaze Odemwingie arrived in the country on Sunday night while most of the other players breezed in on Monday.

The Squad
Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama, Bamidele Aiyenugba
Defenders: Taye Taiwo, Joseph Yobo, Olubayo Adefemi, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Wasiu Sowemimo, Elderson Echiejile, Michael Odibe
Midfielders: Julius Ubido, Obiora Nwankwo, Joel Obi, Olufemi Ajilore, Mikel Obi
Strikers: Emmanuel Emenike, Ekigho Ehiosun, Ahmed Musa, Osaze Odemwingie, Peter Utaka, Obinna Nsofor
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid1(m): 9:44am On Feb 08, 2011
Siasia Locks Victor Moses Out
Posted: 2011-02-08 07:06

http://www.kickoff.com/news/20150/victor-anichebe-to-miss-friendly-against-sierra-leone.php

Samson Siasia will lock Victor Moses out of next month's African Nations Cup qualifier against Ethiopia after the Wigan forward failed to turn up for this week's friendly against Sierra Leone.

Moses was one of several uncapped players handed call-ups by the Nigeria coach, but officials say his advisers told the NFF that he wanted a bit more time and would be available for the March game.

Siasia however made it clear that he would not throw in a previously uncapped player into the fray in a decisive qualifier and warned the player's camp that if he did not show for Sierra leone, he was out of the March game.

Inter Milan's Obiorah Nwankwo was subsequently called up to fill the spot.

By Monday night, all but two of the expected players had arrived in camp.

Expected to arrive on Tuesday morning were goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama and midfielder John Mikel Obi.

Officials told KickOffNigeria.com that Enyeama played through pain in his club's last game this weekend after suffering an ankle injury, and is doubtful for Wednesday's clash.

Mikel remains on the mend from surgery to repair his medial knee ligament and will play no part.

Also unlikely to play is Karabukspor forward Emmanuel Emenike, who has a shin problem from having been viciously kicked during Saturday's Turkish Super League match.

The squad will have their first training session on Tuesday morning at the Teslim Balogun Stadium followed by a press conference at the same venue.

Their final training will be a closed session later in the evening.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by Jarus(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2011
I will watch this match by God's grace, only because of Joel Obi and Nwankwo. Want to see them in national colours.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
Jarus:

I will watch this match by God's grace, only because of Joel Obi and Nwankwo. Want to see them in national colours.

At the stadium or on tv?
[center]AND[/center]
Shey you nor dey watch Eagles match before ni? cos you make it sound as if you don't grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by medjai(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^ Everybody don tire for eagles jare. LOL
I hope they haven't said "We are condemned to win." Once they make that statement, just know they are losing.

I heard Emenike may not play because of some injury
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by honeric01(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2011
If dem like make dem no win, na Lagos dem dey o and make dem no forget how Lagos fans deal with SE losing (woefully)
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by mrperfect(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2011
Let hope Nigeria team will win.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by Cappadona123: 4:21am On Feb 09, 2011
pls can someone get me the link to watch the match online?
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 8:16am On Feb 09, 2011
Big boy? Prove it - Siasia Tells Eagles
Posted: 2011-02-08 14:54

SOURCE

Samson Siasia met with his squad for the first time on Tuesday morning, and charged them up with a stirring speech.

The former striker was appointed last year, but despite meeting with a few players, is only getting to meet them as a team for the first time.

First, he hugged each player one after the other, before launching into his battle cry "The World Cup was disappointing for all of us, but it is in the past now and we have to put it behind us.

"This is a new beginning, and we have to start afresh. We need to show change, commitment, passion and dedication."

Siasia also told them that everyone was equal, "Yobo is our captain, but there are no big players here. Any big player must show the 'bigness' on the pitch.

"This is a new Super Eagles, and you must fly high."

Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 8:39am On Feb 09, 2011
Injuries Decimate Nigeria Squad
Only 15 Eagles fit to play
Posted: 2011-02-08 14:41

SOURCE

Samson Siasia's 20-man squad for Sierra Leone is getting down to the bare bones, with at least 5 players looking doubtful for Wednesday's matchup.

At training on Tuesday morning, Obinna Nsofor and Obiora Nwankwo trained away from the rest of the squad.

While Nsofor later had a fat ice-pack strapped to his left ankle, Inter Milan's Nwankwo had heavy strapping on his right thigh.

"I do t know if I will play tomorrow," Nsofor told KickOffNigeria.com while sitting on the sidelines as the others trained. "that will be up to the medical team and the coach to decide."

Obiorah admitted that his injury was not serious, but also left it up to the officials to decide, "I have a small problem with my thigh, but we will see."

The injuries will leave Siasia scraping the bottom of the barrel for a team on Wednesday.

Midfielder Mikel Obi has been ruled out of the game, while goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is nursing an ankle problem.

Both players were not at training and we being expected to join camp by evening training.

Striker Emmanuel Emenike is also nursing a shin problem following a vicious challenge in last weekend's Turkish league game.

That leaves Siasia with just 15 fully fit players to select from.

Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 9:57am On Feb 09, 2011
Siasia asks Eagles to beat Leone Stars
by Humphrey Njoku 08 February 2011, 23:31

SOURCE

Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has tasked his wards to live up to their names ‘Eagles’ and fly over their fellow West African, Sierra Leone in Wednesday’s international friendly at the Teslim Balogun stadium, Lagos.

SuperSport.com gathered that in his first official meeting with the players he intends to re-build the team at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos on Tuesday the former Nigerian international striker made it clear that there would be no ‘big man’ in the team urging the players to respect team captain Joseph Yobo as well as one another and we all know we must win all our remaining matches in the qualifying series.

“Nigerians want to see a new team, with a new and positive attitude and we have our work cut out trying to meet the high expectations of a people who have tremendous passion for the game.

“We must respect one another in this set-up. We also have to work hard. It is important that we get some good results as we start in order that our people will forget the disappointment of the Fifa World Cup finals in South Africa.

“You may think the Sierra Leone match is a friendly and a small game, but Nigerians will begin to judge us from this first game, and it is very, very important that we show great spirit. We must fight for the ball and play for one another. “This match will prepare us for the African Nations Cup qualifying match against Ethiopia coming up next month
"What I know and what I can tell you for sure is that Nigerians are good people. If you show the spirit and you fight for the ball they will support you all the way,” said Siasia.

The Super Eagles had their first training on Tuesday morning on the turf of the Teslim Balogun Stadium, after which they interacted with media representatives.

Nigeria will take on Sierra Leone today in an international friendly game at the Teslim Balogun stadium, Surulere, Lagos which starts by7.00pm.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 10:03am On Feb 09, 2011
Eagles' return to Lagos excites fans
by Humphrey Njoku 08 February 2011, 23:35

SOURCE

Eight years after its last international match in Lagos, the Super Eagles return to the nation’s bustling commercial capital on Wednesday with an international friendly game against Sierra Leone at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.

Wednesday’s match was hastily put together by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) following the failure of an earlier arrangement to play Guatemala in Miami, Florida in the United States of America.

A total of 17 players trained on the artificial turf of the Teslim Balogun Stadium on Tuesday with goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, defender Elderson Echiejile and midfielder John Mikel Obi expected to fly into the country tonight.

At the training watched by hundreds of fans and media men were captain Joseph Yobo, goalkeeper Bamidele Aiyenugba, defenders Olubayo Adefemi, Wasiu Sowemimo, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Michael Odibe and Taye Taiwo, midfielders Olufemi Ajilore, Julius Ubido, Obiora Nwankwo and Joel Obi and forwards Osaze Odemwingie, Obinna Nsofor, Ahmed Musa, Ekigho Ehiosun, Peter Utaka and Emmanuel Emenike.

Tickets for Wednesday’s game went up for sale at 15 different points in Lagos State, and the NFF has urged football fans to purchase their tickets before match day.

Lagos fans are in for a feast in this first quarter of the year, as the Super Eagles return to Lagos for next month’s 2012 African Cup of Nations qualifying match against Ethiopia. That match will be played on Sunday, March 27.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 10:10am On Feb 09, 2011
NFF appoint Galadima match commissioner
by Sammy Wejinya 09 February 2011, 07:41

SOURCE

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Tuesday announced that former chairman of the defunct Nigeria Football Association (NFA), Ibrahim Galadima, would be the Match Commissioner in the eagerly awaited friendly between the Super Eagles and Leone Stars of Sierra Leone in Lagos on Wednesday.

NFF Technical Committee boss, Chris Green, said the appointment was in recognition of Galadima’s robust credentials as a sports and football technocrat and that the Kano State former commissioner for sports has already accepted the role.

The idea was muted by NFF President, Aminu Maigari, who called up Galadima alongside Green and he accepted to take the role. Confirming the development, Galadima said anything he could do to move sports and football forward in the country he would do, hence his acceptance of the role of match commissioner. He said: “It’s a call to service and we’re always up for such national and international duties.”

He is expected in Lagos this morning for the game scheduled for 7p.m (Nigerian time). The NFF has already forwarded Galadima’s name as Nigeria’s replacement for the disgraced Amos Adamu in the CAF Executive Committee seat.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by semid4lyfe(m): 10:33am On Feb 09, 2011
NFF Warn Fans
- Governor Babatunde Fashola to watch match
- Vehicular movement to be restricted around stadium
Written by Niyi Alebiosu, Lagos Wednesday, 09 February 2011

SOURCE

THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has warned spectators ahead of today's Super Eagles' friendly against Sierra Leone scheduled to take place at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos to be orderly during and after the match.

ACP Gideon Akinsola, who is the NFF security official and FIFA security instructor made the appeal while speaking with Tribunesports after the Super Eagles training.

“Each spectator should come to the stadium with his ticket and those who did not have should please stay away from the match venue. We want to ensure that there is no crisis whatsoever during and after the match,” Akinsola said.

He stated that spectators coming to the match venue in their vehicles will have to park at the National Stadium car park and walk to the Teslim Balogun Stadium.

Meanwhile, Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola, is expected to lead other top state government officials to cheer the Super Eagles to victory today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by toluojox1: 11:04am On Feb 09, 2011
grin smiley cheesy grin lipsrsealed
i wish the super eagle's best of luck 4 today match.
and i wish siasia best of luck. and my hero ozase

3-0 again serria lone
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by VisionML: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2011
I cant wait to watch this match.
The face of new Super Eagles, Coach Sam, your journey starts today

for best pricing for cars from US
visit visionml.com
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by abuyaks: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2011
super eagle cgo for goal, i'm wishing my country success under the umbrella of samson siasia. yes you can
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by adewale78(m): 12:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
I hope they can played a good game and win in a fashionable manner
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by amumex: 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
The battle line is drawn.now Siasia is in charge.our dear super eagle will make our fans smile today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of us will be at the stadium to watch?
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by mukina2: 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
Goo Leone Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by Mobinga: 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Semid, no dey post news everywhere jor, nobody is reading them. The first one is enough.

Nigeria VS Leone
Mobinga VS Mukina
Re: Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time by mukina2: 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
you'll lose both cool grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Qualifies For Afrobasket Final / LMC Slams FC Ifeanyi Ubah With N9 Million Fine, Suspends Referee Folusho Ajayi / Ronaldo Won Saudi Pro League Player Of The Month For February With 8 Goals 2 Ass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.