Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Which Is The Best Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is The Best Course? (4922 Views)

20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / What Is The Best Course To Study At Masters Level As A Biochemistry Graduate? / Best Course You Did In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Course? by Gaybriel: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2007
Mathematics is the best course that anyone can do and be self-employed. Nigeria is like this today because we lack a lot of people who read mathematics. Which course do you guys think is the best? i have said mine. PEERIOOD!
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by OmoEko1(f): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2007
Economics cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Gaybriel: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2007
you cannot claim it is Economics without proving it
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Gaybriel: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2007
if you are studying or had studied a course you should dare to defend it. DOCTORS, ACCOUNTANTS, ENGINEERS AND THOSE BIG NAMES SO TO SPEAK WHERE ARE YOUR FACES
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by dinnerm(f): 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2007
i guess its because you are studing maths thats why you are defending it,please always remember to say the truth at all times,you know that most of those studing maths end up becoming teachers not even bankers except if they have high grades or they have long leg,in the world i dont think people need to study maths before they can suceed,even illitrates know maths very well at least you cant cheat them at all,but when you study courses like English or engineering then you could go to places,like English for instance,you could teacher,you could work with the press,you could become an ambassador to any country of your choice still depending on your grades and long leg.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Gaybriel: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2007
it shows that you do not understand anything about maths one who read maths has greater advantages over any other course. take this from me. a mathematician is train to think critically. they can also work with the press for your information!
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by oghos2k(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2007
you guys are just so shallow in your thinking.Engineering is the only course one can study and affect lives and maybe medicine. Engineering deals basically with the safety of individuals.when working on a project, an engineer puts many things in place just to make sure the user of the finished product doestnt get himself injured or even killed.
A famous quote from Herbert Hoover illustrates this engineering view:

Engineering is a great profession. There is a fascination of watching a figment of the imagination emerge, through the aid of science, to a plan on paper. Then it moves to realization in stone or metal or energy. Then it brings jobs home to men. Then it elevates the standards of living and adds to the comfort of life. That is the engineer’’s high privilege.

The great liability of the engineer, compared to men of other professions, is that his works are out in the open where all can see them. His acts, step by step, are in hard substance. He cannot bury his mistakes in the grave, like the doctors. He cannot argue them into thin air or blame the judge, like the lawyers. He cannot, like the architects, cover his failures with trees and vines. He cannot, like politicians, screen his shortcomings by blaming his opponents and hope the people will forget. The engineer simply cannot deny he did it. If his works do not work, he is damned,

On the other hand, unlike the doctor, his is not a life among the weak. Unlike the soldier, destruction is not his purpose. Unlike the lawyer, quarrels are not his daily bread. To the engineer falls the job of clothing the bare bones of science with life, comfort, and hope. No doubt, as the years go by, the people forget which engineer did it, even if they ever knew. Or some politician puts his name on it. Or they credit it to some promoter who used other peoples’’ money. But the engineer looks back at the unending stream of good.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by viee(f): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2007
oga poster, na fight??
if u think its maths, thats ur opinion
u started d thread for oda pples opinion, so let them express it.

anyways, no course is better than d oda.
university education, basically shld be a stage opener

an accountant need a marketer, a PR person, human resources staff, a pilot (if necessary), a store keeper, a doctor, etc to fully operate depending on what he is doin.

an organisation is like the human body;it needs every department to be functional smiley
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2007
molecular biology is the best course you can study. Without it you'd all be dead by now.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by annuru1: 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2007
Hello i Nurudeen just want to inform the public that ASSU has called off the strike Monday 2/07/2007.

Thanks
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by labonjo(m): 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2007
gabriel, wat kind of thread is this, too opionated, why wuld u say maths is the best courseto study, wat would happen if every one studied it?who would write the programme for you to post a thread on this forum, who wuld treat ur ass when u get sick, and, it doesnt take a maths wizard to know that you really dont know what you are saying, viee, totally agree with you jare tongue
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by dreamnaira(m): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2007
if u go 2 school get a degree nd nt suceeding ur nt yet educated.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by mrceaser: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2007
Everybody's course is the best course. However, i would say the best course to study is yourself and how you relate with the world in which you live such that you are able to live life to the fullest without infringing on others rights to the same benefits. For me anything that will make me earn extra income while at the same time being in peace with my world is what matters. I earn some extra income daily at my website www.9jasfinest.com I would say studying it is the best course for now guys!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 04, 2007
jumpology!
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by 9ja4eva: 2:13am On Jul 04, 2007
Information Systems
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by ssRhino: 2:41am On Jul 04, 2007
na wa oh, na fight? i thot this was all about posting and sharing ideas, why all the name callings, there is no course that is not important, just like there are many members to the body, and none could say it is the most important, there is not way the engineers could be functional, if there are not testers to test all they ave done, and mathematicians will be useless if no one to proof that all they have calculated are correct, neither would doctors be useful, if the pharmcist cant produce medicine to cure all their findings, infact, cleaners are as well important, cos they have to clean after y'all, although, nice to be a career and a professional being, but what matters is how to interact with one another, one love and remember, we are all important and the best course is how u relate to others and your environs, peace
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 04, 2007
Take Economics man, you can learn mathematics in a good economics program too. There are very few economists in Nigeria so you can make a lot of noise with Demand and Supply graphs even when you know nothing.

Look at Mobolaji Aluko for example, the guy still uses ideas proposed in the 1960's today! grin
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by GNature(m): 5:53am On Jul 04, 2007
Donzman:

Take Economics man, you can learn mathematics in a good economics program too. There are very few economists in Nigeria so you can make a lot of noise with Demand and Supply graphs even when you know nothing.

Yes, but If you major in economics (and really want to do economics work), be prepared to go to school beyond the baccalaureate degree. In some quarters, you need to have a PhD in economics to really be considered an economist (but an MA could suffice).

oghos2k:

you guys are just so shallow in your thinking.Engineering is the only course one can study and affect lives and maybe medicine. Engineering deals basically with the safety of individuals.when working on a project, an engineer puts many things in place just to make sure the user of the finished product doestnt get himself injured or even killed.
A famous quote from Herbert Hoover illustrates this engineering view:

Engineering is a great profession. There is a fascination of watching a figment of the imagination emerge, through the aid of science, to a plan on paper. Then it moves to realization in stone or metal or energy. Then it brings jobs home to men. Then it elevates the standards of living and adds to the comfort of life. That is the engineer’’s high privilege.

true talk @oghos2k.

Engineering without a doubt, is one of the best courses to study. You get great analytic skills and can work in other disciplines such as IT or Business especially if you major in electrical engineering. Anyone who is really good in math should get a degree in engineering and proceed for an MBA. Before you know it, you'll be making six figure$.

But it really boils down to one's aptitude. You will excel in life if you study in a field that you have a high aptititude in. People like Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe wouldn't be where they are today if they studied medicine like most of our parents want us to.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Everbright(f): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2007
Linguistics
Scientific study of the human language lol
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2007
how you rate a course must be based on parameters:

the environment: (some courses will just not cut it in Nigeria/third world countries)
the remuneration: (how much income do you expect from the course?)
YOU: ( does the course fit in with your personality, is it something you will enjoy doing for the rest of your life?)

ultimately, there is no such thing as a 'best course'.there is a best course for a person, but life rarely works out that way.

the other day, i visited one of those self anaylsis sites (tickle , i think) according to their eval, i am best suited for .  .  . here it comes .  . law enforcement! shocked grin(which is a clear example of the environment thing.no responsible nigerian (in my opinion) will opt for the police. but in more civilised scocieties.  .  .

me, I'm an engineer.i wanted to be a doctor, like my old man, but he basically shoved me into engineering(based in part on his perceptions of my skills with legos and 'fixing' toys.if we were in a western country , he might have pushed me into literature/writing, 'cause I read a lot of books, and had a pretty good command of english).

though we don't always agree on much, i know he was right.i don't have the personality/patience/sympathy to be a doctor(get your ass up and stop whining!), but i loooove being an engineer.

thats what it all about, what is the best course for you?all courses are of some benefit to society.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by tomlennox: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2007
maybe u shld have asked which is the best course in 2007, cos these things change wit time, there was a time where the best course was fine arts (leonardo davinci and all), then sciences (einstein et al), law, medcine, a few years ago, it was the jet age, but rite now, its the Information Age, i think Computer Sciences is the best course to study now,
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by creatorjc(m): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2007
NOTHING as far as Nigerian universities are concerned and you will end up knowing everything.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by ne4real(f): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2007
the course u study doesnt make u what u'l be in life

its all about ur destiny

i studied microbiology and came out with good grades, but that is not what puts food on my table
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by ne4real(f): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2007
@viee

i feel u girl

the most important think is to have the basics of been a graduate and d sky is ur limit
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by ne4real(f): 9:54am On Jul 04, 2007
@babyosisi

u r a very funny and interesting girl
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by fashfisher(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2007
tom_lennox:

maybe u shld have asked which is the best course in 2007, because these things change wit time, there was a time where the best course was fine arts (leonardo davinci and all), then sciences (einstein et al), law, medcine, a few years ago, it was the jet age, but rite now, its the Information Age, i think Computer Sciences is the best course to study now,

true its the information age but dont you think those studying computer engineering have very serious competitive advantage over computer sciences. they tend to learn (an overview of) all you learn except for few things that they can still study personally and understand. but computer scientists dont learn about hardware, networking,
winkso think about it you should consider viewing computer engineering as one of the courses thats most appropriate for this age and time. O.K. wink
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by Kemjisuper(m): 10:57am On Jul 04, 2007
Engineering is tha bomb! O'course it has maths in it, but also a whole lot more. Hell, Nairaland wouldn't exist if not for the IT aspect of engineering. I don't think I've come accross any math problems on Nairaland so far!

Cheers
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by spikedcylinder: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2007
This is a shallow thread.
It is blatantly obvious that if everyone on earth had the same occupation no one would survive! Even the bum on the street is neccessary for economic growth!
Sheesh!
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by spora(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2007
Very Controversial thread!

The best course depends on individual What you want to be. Where your passion lies.

At the end of the day you don’t want to end up somewhere you don’t want to go, studying something you don’t like or doing something you don't want to do.

And because no course can survive on his own, one course is bad afterall. Only that fingers no dey equal!

@ poster
If you read mathematics and it aids your thinking ability, Is it not on other courses/profession. Or can you be thinking about maths and money starts flowing in?
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by otuonye(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2007
@ everyone

I do not think any course is better than any other. From my viewpoint, it all depends on what you are able to do with the course you choose to study. I have seen some people study some 'HOT' courses and yet not be able to do something worthy with it.

Initially [when I was in secondary school], I wanted to be an Engineer [Electronics] or a medical doctor, but as time went by, I observed that my interest in the use and development of computer programs as well as an inherent aptitude to solve problems was increasing, then I studied Computer Science - and I am glad that I did.

So, the bottomline is this: Study what you can use to benefit your life and the lives of those around you. Furthermore, some people study some courses because they just want to get a degree. When they come out, you see them doing well in other areas of life.

So, my point is: NO COURSE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. MAKE THE BEST OUT OF WHAT YOU STUDY.
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by tboy1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2007
BEST IS A COMBINED COURSE, Computing science and electrical and electronics engineering, You can go for IT or Engineering field, wink
Re: Which Is The Best Course? by chisco: 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2007
Na wah O! I want to disagree with the guy that said no course can be described as the best! I actually think my course, : Political Science is the best! What about you?! smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NECO Nov/dec 2015 Exam Registration Has Started... / Akwa Ibom Approves Recruitment Of 1000 New Primary School Teachers / Letter Written To My Wife By One Of Her Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.