Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

- Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (1626 Views)

What should I do? [Study abroad or invest in other business] please advice / Please, I Would Like To Know Which Country Can I Move In With Zero Stress / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Razzness(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
jude79:

Do u know what is called affordability index? A hussler in us or Canada can easily afford all you mentioned, but to an average Nigerian, it's a pipe dream. What u said up there is the main reason he should leave Nigeria. An average Nigerian can't afford it but an average American can. You don't leave where they are doing titleship ceremony and go to a place where they are poisoning people. What we use here are tokunbo materials brought down to us from people who can afford new ones, affordability index of an average American, Canadian is 300 times that of an average Nigerian.
If u want to travel out, travel, wen u come back u will tell us more about affordability index.
Wat i know is if i have 6m as the op has said, i am not leaving this country for jackshit, i swear i will invest it hear and be traveling abroad for vacations.
Re: by dasparrow: 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
Techie100000:
I don’t knowing if this is the right section though but let me go straight to the point. I just finished service few days ago and I'm in between 2 options.
1. Invest my N6M savings in a new digital marketing and branding company.
2. Move to the US

I'm confused because of the uncertainty of the Nigerian economy but on the other hand I know a handful startups that are doing well in the field. One part of my mind is agreeing there is so much opportunity running a digital agency in Nigeria the other part is saying Egungun be careful.

I wouldn't say I've succeed in it for now. But i feel maybe because I was working online while in school I couldn't get big million naira jobs. So if I rent an office space and employ people I should be able get bigger contracts as a structured company and with small connection from my uncle - I don't bank on people though

For records I didn't make the N6M from business branding or digital marketing

On the other hand, I have 2 brothers in the US working in IT firms that can easily help me secure a good job if i move to the US. My fear is if the first option succeeded I'd make more money than the few thousand dollars I'll be making as an employee in the US. Not forgetting heavy bills and taxes

Please i need sincere advice

You want to move to the United States under what visa category precisely? Did you not get the memo that Trump has barred Nigerians from permanently migrating to the United States? He has also barred all categories of work permits for all foreigners as well.

Listen, the United States under the current administration has become extremely hostile towards foreigners and are enacting anti-immigrant policies left and right. If you are so interested in the United States, you ought to listen to news on what's happening there so you don't end up flushing your money down the drain.

Like some others here have already commented, change your money into U.S Dollars, open a U.S Dollars domiciliary account there in Nigeria and save your money. With all the Covid-19 cases going on right now worldwide, this year 2020 is not an ideal year to travel.

If you do insist on moving abroad permanently someday, look for a country that will allow you become a permanent resident after some time of residing there. Don't waste your money on student visa and foreign tuition fees when you will not be able to get permanent residency afterwards. Be wise and seek God's opinion in all you do because God alone knows what's best for you.
Re: by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
Razzness:

If u want to travel out, travel, wen u come back u will tell us more about affordability index.
Wat i know is if i have 6m as the op has said, i am not leaving this country for jackshit, i swear i will invest it hear and be traveling abroad for vacations.
[/s]

Stop saying trash.
Re: by Partnerbiz(f): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

Visas leading to permanent residence? Yes. He can get a job but he cannot progress to become a permanent resident and citizen under Trump's EO. The issue now is the universal ban Trump has placed on all types of working visa but that's applicable to every non-American not only Nigerians.

@Techie100000: Unless you have great skills, I'm wondering how exactly your siblings will assist you in getting a job (which should fulfill visa requirements) in the US. Have you thought about graduate studies?

Lest I forget, change that 6M to dollars before it becomes 4M by the end of the year.

do you think naira will still fall to 600 ?
Re: by Gerrard59(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Partnerbiz:

do you think naira will still fall to 600 ?

Yes. It's only a matter of time.

Gerrard59:

Nigeria earns more than 70% of foreign revenue via sale of crude oil whose price won't climb to $100 per barrel anytime soon. Besides, the naira has never appreciated against the dollar in its entire history. Unless the country's economy is highly diversified beyond collecting oil royalties, the currency will continue to lose value. It's only a matter of time. However, there exist two ways to hedge against it:

- Earn in dollars while being in Nigeria

- Convert bulk naira earnings to dollars immediately. Never save in naira.
Re: by clemsclef: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
leave, Nigeria is not getting better any time soon. our so called leaders continue to devalue our money to suit them. If u leave with the money u have nw highest in the next two or three years u will get it back. but if u invest that money in Nigeria I bet u will only be seeing the six digit figure bt the purchasing power is lost .
Re: by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Activist001:
[s][/s]

Stop saying trash.
You call that trash
I call it bullshit
Someone I know very well invested the same amount in this shithole some years ago all is history now
Even my brother told me on Sunday that if I see #1 billion will I leave this shithole I told him bro if see 2 billion naira I'll still leave

1 Like

Re: by happywhilecampi: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
You should absolutly move the the US. It may take you longer to live a good life but you, your kids, your grandkids and so on will be grateful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bicycle Ride Adventure - Toronto To Mississauga Round Trip -pictures / Being A Boss In A Foreign Country. Your Opinion. / Top 10 Romantic Getaways In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.