Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Rethinking Knowledge. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rethinking Knowledge. (141 Views)

Rethinking The Virgin Birth Story / Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God / My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rethinking Knowledge. by Adebanjids1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
RETHINKING KNOWLEDGE.
(A Paraphrase of: Knowledge Puffeth Up by Pastor EAA)
By Adebanjids

One of the biggest problems facing this generation is what is called ‘too know’ in Nigerian local parlance. 'I Too Know' is a societal syndrome caused by the availability of the internet to both good and false information, causing everyone to feels very wise before their own eyes even without scientific validations.

This generation is rich with info at every search of it and good as it is knowledge is good! Infact nothing is wrong in knowing a bit about everything but you must be careful that it does not make you puffed up.

When something is puffed up, it becomes difficult to get anything into it because it is already full of air �. Howbeit, it will do you good to know that, no matter how much knowledge you have, your disposition should still be that of someone who knows nothing 'coz yet, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN.

A wise philosopher once said “The only thing I know is that I know nothing.” The love word reaffirmed it: “And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.” (1 Corinthians 8:2).

Let it sinks that:
a. Professing onself to be wise is foolishness.
b. There is no wisdom in being talkative. Wise people talk only when necessary ( When you talk too much you loose senses).
c. Get as much knowledge as you can, but never get puffed up. Just like our memory verse for today says, no matter how much you know, never think that you know it all.

https://www.facebook.com/100001921281431/posts/3988546904552646/?app=fbl

Re: Rethinking Knowledge. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wise men Gathereth and Layeth up Knowledge

(1) (Reply)

You Are Valuable! / Deep Self Deception / Proverbs Chapter 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.