Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. (166 Views)

Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men / Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. by Ababbio: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
The general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God(RCCG), pastor E. A Adeboye says what he said annoy only those that are not his church members.

Adeboye send this message to his critics in a live church broadcast service through the church's Television channel on DSTV, Dove Media on Sunday, July 19, 2020.

According to him, if possible he would restrict his activities and sermons to only members of his church.

The clergy said this in a sermon titled "from lockdown to lifting up", on Sunday, he said the lockdown has made open doors for everyone.

However, Adeboye urged his critics not to be angry about what he said, saying they are meant for his children.

In his words : “As a matter of fact, if there is a way of preaching this sermon just to my own children alone, that is what I would have done. Not because I’m selfish but occasionally there are things you say to your children that would annoy outsiders. And you keep on saying, but I am not talking to you, I am talking to my children. But now, the lockdown has made the door open to everybody.

“Some people see the glory but don’t know the story. Some people see me and say all kinds of things. It’s none of my business, I don’t need to answer you; I just need to keep on riding high with my king. I’m talking to my children, so others should not be angry with me. Before you take off, consider your landing.”

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/2020/07/19/i-am-talking-to-my-children-dont-be-angry-adeboye-tells-critics/
Re: Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. by thesicilian: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
I agree with him. I find it odd when people go into a frenzy because of the preachings of certain men of God. The man is simply speaking to his own people and if you don't like it, focus on what your own religious leaders is saying instead. Why should a staff of a particular organization be annoyed at the policies of another company they have no business with?
Re: Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
thesicilian:
I agree with him. I find it odd when people go into a frenzy because of the preachings of certain men of God. The man is simply speaking to his own people and if you don't like it, focus on what your own religious leaders is saying instead. Why should a staff of a particular organization be annoyed at the policies of another company they have no business with?
did Jesus Christ say any of His teachings were best for His followers and not everyone?

He said go into the World and preach the Goodnews of The Kingdom of God to all nations.
Re: Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. by thesicilian: 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
did Jesus Christ say any of His teachings were best for His followers and not everyone?

He said go into the World and preach the Goodnews of The Kingdom of God to all nations.
True. But then again, how we preach and receive the Word of God is largely influenced by our personal experiences and the society we live in, which others may not fully understand.
Re: Pastor Adeboye To His Critics, 'I AmTalking To My Children, Don't Be Angry'. by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
thesicilian:

True. But then again, how we preach and receive the Word of God is largely influenced by our personal experiences and the society we live in, which others may not fully understand.
The Word of God as Presented to us by Jesus Christ was never meant to be tampered with in any way.

While we may have personal experiences and difference in society, it was never supposed to be personalized or modified but offered to all exactly as is... exactly How Jesus Christ gave it us

(1) (Reply)

A Royal Role / A Hard Truth – Pastor Kumuyia Hard Truth – Pastor Kumuyi / Judas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.