Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies (513 Views)

FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga / Nigeria's FX Crisis: What You Should Know By Kingsley Moghalu / Nigerian Banks Cut Customers Spending Abroad On Dollar Concerns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies by ElectroLyte: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2020
Due to the ongoing foreign exchange crisis in the country, Nigerian Banks are set to limit debit card spending abroad.
From this morning, Nigerian banks will suspend or reduce the amount their customers can spend abroad using debit cards, two of the banks have said, as the lenders try to limit foreign currency settlement risk.

It is yet another worrying sign of the country’s worsening dollar shortages made more severe by the sharp fall in the price of oil, Nigeria’s main export.

Simply put, Nigerian banks are trying to avoid transactions with hard currency reports Reuters.

Stanbic IBTC Bank, the local unit of South Africa’s Standard Bank, said it will halve the spending limit for offshore card transactions to $500 per month from Monday and will limit cash withdrawals to $100.

Another top tier lender Zenith Bank said it will temporarily suspend the use of debit cards abroad for cash withdrawals and cut the monthly spending limit abroad by more than half to $200.

Read more===https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/07/nigerian-banks-to-minimize-debit-card-spending-abroad-as-fx-crisis-intensifies/

Re: Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies by noble71(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2020
I saw their update, very useless people. Making things hard for common man. Banks that are dependent on aboki for dollars. This country is doomed.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies by GboyegaD(m): 11:04am On Jul 20, 2020
Would it get worse than $500USD GTBank allows as the maximum on a transaction or the black market rate Access Bank uses for conversion? Our banks has caused us more pains than gain so, I, personally don't care.

(1) (Reply)

Account Number 3052286203 ,polaris Bank,u Can Send Any Amount ... / Affordable Laptops And Gadgets Thread / 'My Customer Repackages And Resells My Small Chops' - Businesswoman Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.