Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,552 members, 7,843,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 (20937 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For Women's Ballon D'or 2022 - (Full List Of Nominees) / Who Your Country Voted For In 2021 Ballon D'or : Full Results / Messi Has A Chance This Year To Win Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
silverlinen:
A big robbery to Robert Lewandowski just cos Messi floped massively and clearly with no trophy to show for. Now they've to cancel it .
A Trophyless player won the Ballon d'or in 2013!!
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Tamel(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:
Liverpool UCL campaign is nothing without Origi!!!

Origi made injured Salah and Firmino, European Champions!!

Origipool!

Same Van dijk kept Messi and co quiet at anfield cool. grin . I'll give you origi for free !!
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Tamel(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lewy would have clearly won this award with Messi close second. He had the better season
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Tamel:

Same Van dijk kept Messi and co quiet at anfield cool. grin . I'll give you origi for free !!
What did Van Dijk do at Camp Nou??
Nothing!!!

What did Van Dijk do in Anfield?? Nothing !!

Origi is the reason why Van Dijk became a one season wonder!!

He is just an Overrated Pique. He is not the same defender without Matip partnership or Allison at goal!!!
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by 1972xy: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
MisterGrace:
Damn... And I was hoping CR7 will win it again.
ta !

2 Likes

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Tamel(m): 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:

What did Van Dijk do at Camp Nou??
Nothing!!!

What did Van Dijk do in Anfield?? Nothing !!

Origi is the reason why Van Dijk became a one season wonder!!

He is just an Overrated Pique. He is not the same defender without Matip partnership or Allison at goal!!!

What did Messi do at anfield?! tongue
Lol has Messi been the same without xavi and Iniesta?

1 Like

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Mynet11(m): 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Do you really need that extra income? Check my signature
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
Tamel:

What did Messi do at anfield?! tongue
Lol has Messi been the same without xavi and Iniesta?
What did Xavi and Iniesta do against Bayern in 2013 UCL?? Messi was injured and managed for the game!!!

Messi is the reason why Barcelona was 3nil up vs Liverpool , it could be 4nil up.if Dembele converted the one on one chance that Messi created for him against Allison.. VVD traveled that time!! Overrated Pique!!

Be happy that Suarez and Coutinho were not taken advantage of Messi's chances at Anfield!!

Still Origi is the reason why Liverpool went through, not that Overrated Pique called VVD!!!

1 Like

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Tamel(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:

What did Xavi and Iniesta do against Bayern in 2013 UCL?? Messi was injured and managed for the game!!!

Messi is the reason why Barcelona was 3nil up vs Liverpool , it could be 4nil up.if Dembele converted the one on one chance that Messi created for him against Allison.. VVD traveled that time!! Overrated Pique!!

Be happy that Suarez and Coutinho were not taken advantage of Messi's chances at Anfield!!

Still Origi is the reason why Liverpool went through, not that Overrated Pique called VVD!!!

You just had to mention 1 match the whole of Barca team didn't play to their usual level just so you could downplay xavi and Iniesta's importance to Messi , lol Fail!! tongue grin grin . Is Messi the same without those two Barca legend? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
Tamel:

You just had to mention 1 match the whole of Barca team didn't play to their usual level just so you could downplay xavi and Iniesta's importance to Messi , lol Fail!! tongue grin grin . Is Messi the same without those two Barca legend? undecided

Xavi has been playing in Barcelona since 1998!
Tell me his major achievement before Messi's debut in 2005!!

Do you know that Messi was the 2nd best player in the World in 2007 when Xavi and Iniesta were NOBODIES!!

5 Likes

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Shugargal(f): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kai they just robbed my GOAT from collecting this year's again. but anyways he's still the last man standing. Forca Barça

1 Like

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Olarewaju89: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Tamel:

.....Corner taken quickly..... Origi!!! tongue

Overrated pique indeed. undecided

What of this grin

2 Likes

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by ojaysam25(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:
A Trophyless player won the Ballon d'or in 2013!!
Just like messi in 2011-12

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by ojaysam25(m): 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
Messi will be happy with this news....bad news for lewa and ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Slynation(m): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
DEEBOZZ:
Wow the year that Ronaldo or Messi wouldn’t have won it and now it’s canceled? What a ridiculous decision! Only because the French league was stopped? What a joke has this award become!

Lewandoski right now
You can't expect the Balon'dor to hold with the Champions league rushed and concluded in 10days as a single one legged game on a neutral ground, it's a good move
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by truehero(m): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=eni4real post=91921953]

Do you that Messi was the 2nd best player in the World in 2007 when Xavi and Iniesta were NOBODIES!![color=#006600][/color]

Don't waste your time with little kids with access to android phones. Don't you see they are always off point?

Little ronaldo kids all over the forum.
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
ojaysam25:

Just like messi in 2011-12
2012 version of Messi is the best in history of all Footballers!!

That is the highest level of Football Individually!!

Stop trolling Cristiano

Messi was not Trophyless in 2011-12 season!!

Barcelona won the European Super cup, Spanish Super cup and Club World cup!
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Moura7(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:

Do you know that Messi was the 2nd best player in the World in 2007 when Xavi and Iniesta were NOBODIES!!

Preach bro.....but still let's not downplay the genius of those wizards. Damn those two were just .....I can't find the words to describe it I swear. Boys could ball and the trio with Messi, just magic, pure magic. There can never ever be such a trio in football again...Never. I tried to think of another nice combo and nothing, even if you've got KDB and Messi in your midfield, which striker will now complete it, a striker near Messi's standard then (with the pace, high dribbling prowess, I mean take-on like 3-4 players kinda dribbling prowess and accuracy,) omo nobody ....even Ronaldo sef. The only person that might likely to be near(in this case like 1000 steps) is Neymar or Mbappe
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Depressedkidd: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2020
MrCounselor:
Good! At least Ronaldo and Messi would fade off gracefully...
Good riddance to the decade long rubbish grin. We need a breath of fresh air abeg.
Lmao. E go shock you. 2021 Ronaldo 1, Messi 2, some other random player 3.
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by Beverlyjean(f): 12:51am On Jul 21, 2020
Baloranking:

Correct yourself Messi has 25 goals,21 assists grin

With nothing to show for it
Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by PopeFlatino(m): 2:18am On Jul 21, 2020
I never wanted to comment but for this ur statement I had to,,
Which one is flopped massively?..Do u check stats individually at all? Or u just judging everyone by their team's misfortune or hardluck.

Check this picture below,this was Messi's contributions in a supposed "worst year" of his career despite missing two months @ d season's start,inside an underwhelming team.

Even when Ronaldo was in Spain,Messi still dowminated 90% of those stats .
Where Ronaldo can compete is just in goals and Shots on target
silverlinen:
A big robbery to Robert Lewandowski just cos Messi floped massively and clearly with no trophy to show for. Now they've to cancel it .

Re: Ballon d'or Will Not Be Awarded In 2020 Due To Covid-19 by SweetyMarvel00(m): 6:38am On Jul 21, 2020
Corona Virus has spoilt a lot of things this year. Imagine playing in an empty stadium...

Are you a writer and you wish to build a career in movie script writing? Do you want your script to be a sold out one to top movie producers and film productions across Africa? Do want to write a movie script that will attract top producers like AY, Audu of Ebony life TV, Kemi Adebati? Then you 've got the right person here... reach me DEECHE on WhatsAPP 09037689230.

You will be thoroughly taught A-Z guide, with practical examples on how to write a top notch movie script that will launch you into a script writing career in Africa, with as low as 2k, within one to two months. Remember that script writing is a skill and you must know the nitty gritties, I cant wait to meet you, let's learn and take your writing skills to the next level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (4 - 1) On 26th September 2015 / Bournemouth Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 8th April 2017 / Chelsea Vs Newcastle United (1 - 0) On 19th October 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.