Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Heart Has Been Eaten Deeply By Covid-19. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Heart Has Been Eaten Deeply By Covid-19. (174 Views)

She Got Her Hands And Feet Taken By COVID, She Wants You To Share Her Story And / COVID-19: 36 Almajiris Was Arrested By Covid-19 Taskforce In Mbiama, Ahoada / Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Heart Has Been Eaten Deeply By Covid-19. by LiveLifeHub(m): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
It all started as a light issue when I heard of the first case of Corona Virus in Nigeria. Lagos state government ordered the closure of social institutions and schools, Ogun state also followed. I remember vividly that the closure was made on March 21st, the private secondary school where I worked was rounding up her exam session. I and other colleagues didn't take it serious not until the school management sent us a message to inform us that they won't be able to pay our salary till further notice.
The night the message came in, fear gripped me but I was calmed by savings I had then in my account. One of my colleagues came down to my house that night for he was so tensed by the news, he had no hope just like me, so came over to ask how we are going to survive? I was able to pacify him with words of hope, even though I was getting hopeless myself.
Days turned to weeks, weeks to months, and my savings has been exhausted. No one to turn to, then my heart became chattered as I couldn't feed well again, I couldn't pay for some rental levies and all means of trying to get a new source of income were futile. Suicidal thoughts started germinating in my heart, and being very emphatic, I am always down when I consider some couples who are teachers. How will they feed the children? All these weighed me down.
No hope of school resuming soon, so I tried venturing into business (the truth is I am not good in marketing products, but I prefer rendering services), my friends who I trusted to get the products from turned me down. Now the lockdown has been eased but no job opportunities, even some companies sacked their employees.
Covid-19 patients are not just the people infected by the virus staying in isolation center, some other patients like me have indirectly been infected and being self isolated in our homes. I really need help, for the virus has eaten deep into my heart.

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Been Really Into Lately? / The Way To Protect The Health Of Sisters And Brothers / The Vault Eleko Beach Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.