Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

You Were Born For A Purpose - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Were Born For A Purpose (1745 Views)

Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / God Created Everyone For A Purpose.what About miscarried babies? / YWAP ( Youth With A Purpose ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Were Born For A Purpose by PastorAde: 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2011
[center]You Were Born For a Purpose[/center]

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground” (Genesis 1: 26, emphasis added).

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come, I say: My purpose will stand, I will do all that I please (Isaiah 46: 10-11).

Everything God created both in heaven and earth has a purpose. For example, angels are created to serve God and man (See Hebrews 1:14). Fishes are created to swim, birds are created to fly, and the luminaries (sun, moon and stars) are created to give light upon the earth. The purpose of man in Gen. 1:26 is to rule over lesser creatures and all the earth.
God is a Master Manufacturer. He made Adam in His image and likeness as the first sample so that out of Adam there will be a mass production of all other human beings exactly as the first sample. In Gen 2:7 Adam was made and put in the Garden of Eden and given a work of cultivating and guarding it. He was then given a commandment of what trees to eat of and the one he was to abstain from eating. Adam gave names to all animals and birds but he was alone. For this cause God, the first Surgeon, performed an operation on Adam taking a rib from his side and made a woman whom Adam named Eve.

This first couple lived in perfect communion with their Creator and walked in God’s purpose of ruling over lesser creatures and all the earth until tragedy struck. Lucifer (Satan), one of the angels created to serve and worship God, misbehaved and became proud. He wanted to occupy God’s Throne and overthrow Him. For this cause, he was kicked out of heaven (See Ezekiel 28:13-18). This rebel angel went into the Garden of Eden to attempt what he could not achieve in heaven. Wanting power at all cost, and while Adam was AWOL (absent without leave), the devil went into the garden to deceive Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Coming back from his AWOL, Eve gave Adam the forbidden fruit and he ate, forgetting God’s earlier command not to eat the forbidden fruit. Due to this sin of disobedience Adam and Eve were driven out of the garden (Gen. 3:24). Adam had committed treason against the heavenly government. Satan had succeeded in getting the dominion or rule over the earth from Adam. Satan then, rather than Adam, became the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4).

The All-wise God was not taken by surprise by that episode. The Lamb of God had been slain from before the foundation of the world to take away the sin (rebellion) of the world by the shedding of His blood. Understand God had given man legal authority to rule the earth. Satan, a spirit being, is illegal on earth. God had to become man to deal with Satan. For this purpose God overshadowed the womb of Virgin Mary with His Holy Spirit and Jesus was born. For the sin of man to be taken away, a sinless sacrifice has to be made. Jesus, the sinless Lamb of God, fits the bill. He was tempted by Satan but unlike Adam, He overcame the devil. He went to the cross of Calvary; shed His blood for all humanity, died and His Spirit went to hell where He defeated the devil collecting the keys of hell and death. On the third day, He rose up triumphantly and declared: “All power is given to Me in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18). As the Second Adam, He came to restore the dominion Adam lost so that as many as receive king Jesus into their hearts, their sins will be blotted out and they will receive the Holy Spirit Who left Adam when he rebelled or sinned against God. You are born to rule and not to be ruled by Satan, sickness or any negative circumstance. You can become what you are born to be today as you give your life to Christ. Will you? Pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. Let your purpose stand in my life O Lord in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, call, write or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 6507, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: You Were Born For A Purpose by simplymee: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
As the children of God, we all have been called by God to live a life of purpose. When a man does not know purpose for living, then abuse is inevitable.JOHN 15:16 says it clearly.
Re: You Were Born For A Purpose by REPOMAN(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
Dear Pst,

That was a wonderful write ups, please keep it up.

Fulfilling your purpose in life is not about being the oldest on earth, but it is about achieving God divine purpose in your life.  Methuselah was the oldest (782yrs) so far on planet earth but he left no legacy behind.Gen 5:25)

Fulfilling your purpose in life is not about wealth and riches. Money and influence couldn't satisfy Moses that was why he refused to be called the sons of Pharaoh and he pursued his purpose for his life. Heb 11:24-27

Life is gift so don't waste it away

Ask yourself this question

* Why were you Born to this earth?

Thanks
Re: You Were Born For A Purpose by newmi(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2011
God has a purpose for every of His children
Ephesians 2:10
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"

"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago" (Nlt)
Re: You Were Born For A Purpose by manmustwac(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2011
The topic content is biased in favour of Christianity. Regardless of your religious beliefs if parents stop making babies then that would be the end of mankind. But then what about my pet dog and pet parrot if we humans were born for a purpose weren't they born for a purpose as well?
Re: You Were Born For A Purpose by newmi(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
manmustwac:

The topic content is biased in favour of Christianity. Regardless of your religious beliefs if parents stop making babies then that would be the end of mankind. But then what about my pet dog and pet parrot if we humans were born for a purpose weren't they born for a purpose as well?
Please l don't understand what you mean when you say "The topic content being biased in favour of Christianity", the topic simply states "you were born for a purpose" with any preference granted whatsoever so where did you get the thoughts you are insinuating from. The individual posts are a reflection of the personal opinions of the posters.

And for the later part of your concern as regards animals and pets, there is nothing on earth and in space that God made thats without a purpose no He is wisdom personified, time will fail me to enumerate. well maybe on a funny note you become one of them and champion a worthy course.
l rest my case.
Re: You Were Born For A Purpose by mabell: 2:49am On Feb 26, 2011
REPOMAN:

Methuselah was the oldest (782yrs) so far on planet earth but he left no legacy behind.Gen 5:25)

Ge 5:27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Church Where Beer, Whisky Are Served; Animal Slaughtered As Sacrifice / Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. / Is Pope Francis Preparing To Declare Virgin Mary To Be 4th Part Of The Trinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.