Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Have A VISION, Have A DREAM, Have A DESIRE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have A VISION, Have A DREAM, Have A DESIRE (1763 Views)

I Had A Vision; I Saw Satan. / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell / Have You Ever Seen A Vision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have A VISION, Have A DREAM, Have A DESIRE by God2man(m): 1:30am On Jan 11, 2013
When a man has a clear-sighted vision of his life, then he has a great power. It will be difficult to overcome such a man. The truth is, the man that has the vision of where he is going will be hard to confuse. If a man does not have the blueprint of his life in his hand, another man will come and show him a different vision to lead him astray. If you do not know where you are going in life, you will be confused and swept away by the ocean of life or by every wind of doctrine. It is good to have a vision or dream. When you have a vision inside of you, you will save many lives and you will be a blessing to your generation.

Proverb 29:18a " Where there is no vision, the people perish"

How can i define a vision?

I think Chambers 21st century dictionary will be of help:

VISION; the abilty or faculty of perceiving with the eye; sight.

An image conjured up vividly in the imagination.

The abilty to perceive what is likely, and plan wisely; Foresight( the ability to predict what is going to happen and to use this to prepare for the future).

An image communicated supernaturally, especially by God, an apparition.

Other definitions are:

A vision is an idea or mental image of something. An exprience in which you see things that do not exist physically. The abilty to imagine how a country, society could develop in the future.

Dictionary.com
The act of power of anticipating that which will or may come to be.

A vivid imaginative conception or anticipation. Vision of wealth and glory.

That's enough. Now, let's check the Bible again. Habakkuk 2:2-3 " And the Lord answered me, and said, write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry."

God knew the importance of a vision, that was why he said "WRITE"

A written vision will help you to focus and stay in your own ministry, you are not called to be everything. You cannot turn to be me, neither can i become you. We are unique. So, a vision needs to be made plain and define. There are many distractions in the ocean of life, you need to define where you heading to, where are you going?

Get a paper and write what you want, your dreams and aspirations. What is your vision for this year? What is your vision for the ministry God has given you? What is your vision for your family? For the singles, what kind of person are you planning to take to the altar? Also, as a leader in your organization? How do you see your company in 10yrs time? It could take you years for your vision to manifest. For example, write, i want to build a world class university in Nigeria.

There is no way your vision will not face challenges.
Frustrations, discouragement, delay and disappointment are always around to charge you to move forward. However, if you can set a goal for yourself, one step at a time, it will assist your vision. Also, positioning yourself prayerfully to hear from God is an added advantage. You must strive, endure hardship, and possess strong faith.

God has deposited great things in our lives, if we fail to provoke these ideas, they will die.

Let's go down to history, as we read an excerpt of a 17 minutes public speech of "I have a dream" by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, delivered on August 28, 1963, in which he called for an end to racism in the USA. The speech, delivered to over 200,000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln memorial during the march on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, was a defining moment of the American civil rights movements. I quote

" Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today my friends- so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, i still have a dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: we hold these truths to be self eviden that all men are created equal.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaves owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the clor of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together." end of qoute.

Prov 23:7a "for as he thinketh in his heat, so is he"
whatever you cannot perceive, you cannot receive. When you begin to see it in your spirit, God will make it happen.

If you can handle it in your heart, you can hold it in your hands.

Have a vision, have a dream today,i
Re: Have A VISION, Have A DREAM, Have A DESIRE by God2man(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
Apart from the fact that your vision will keep you going in the period of adversity, it will also give you hope that things will change for the best. Psalm 126:5-6 " They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."

You should not be myopic or shortsighted whenever you are told to give to the work of God, the seed may take years to bear fruits, do not despair, keep sowing the precious seeds into the fertile ground of the vineyard of the Lord. Keep confessing that it is well, when things are rough, and surely, the harvest will come. One day, people will gather together to celebrate you.

The vision has to do with God not for selfish reasons but to glorify the name of the Lord, if you have a vision that you are the one sponsoring the work of Evangelsim in your local church, you should not use the money to oppress people or for personal enjoyment when the work of God is suffering. No. You must stand up to help your church to buy Evangelsim equipments, big speakers, wireless microphone, projector, amplifier , organ, and even Evangelsim Bus. I believe this is what you should do when your vision is due.

As a christian student, have a great desire that you want come out as a first class graduate, the best Doctor that will ever gradute from your university, if you are in the secondary school, be determine that you are coming out with As in all your subject, when you have such a vision or dream, you will live a selective life, you will be serious, you will read while others are sleeping, you will focus your energy on what you really want, this way you become a better person.

Likewise, you can have a vision that you want to become the best Pastor in your local church, set a goal for yourself, set up a commitee, involve yourself in prayer, love your members, care for them. Intercede for them. When you have great interest for your members , they will be interested in whatever you are doing. Call for prayer meetings, they will attend. Call for any special program, they will rush to the program because you are concerned about their wellbeing.

An Evangelist must have a vision of bringing many souls to the kingdom. Set a target of 1,000 souls per year and pray to God to establish them. Be like John knox of scotland that prayed give me scotland or i die. Do you have passion for souls? Why don't you read about Paul the Apsotle in Acts 26:19 " Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision"
Again, 1 corinthian 9: 16 " For though I preach the gospel, i have nothing to glory of: for necesity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if i preach not the gospel!"
what vision do you have as an Evangelist? Remember, where there is no vision, the people perish. So, do something to save a soul today.

To actualize your dream, you need to follow God's principles, act on the word of God, not just reading, you enhance them by acting on the word of God, obey these principles, see the future, speak the word, then you will receive the answer in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you.

God2man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Grass To Grace / Abuja Declaration 1989 (part 1) / Saudi Arabia Responds To Refugee Crisis By Offering To Build Germany 200 Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.