Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending (1258 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Ruining Space Exploration For Everyone / I Will Create An Android News Application For You Within A Single Day / Not Again 》 Zuckerberg And Jeff Bezos Got $14 Billion Richer In A Single Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2020
Jeff Bezos added $13 billion to his net worth on Monday, the largest single-day jump for an individual since the Bloomberg Billionaires Index was created in 2012.

Amazon.com shares surged 7.9%, the most since December 2018 on rising optimism about web shopping trends, and are now up 73% this year.

Bezos, Amazon’s 56-year-old founder and the world’s richest person, has seen his fortune swell $74 billion in 2020 to $189.3 billion, despite the U.S. entering its worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. He’s now personally worth more than the market valuation of giants such as Exxon Mobil Corp., Nike Inc. and McDonald’s Corp.

Mackenzie Bezos, his ex-wife, gained $4.6 billion Monday and is now the 13th-richest person in the world.

Other tech titans are also enjoying a surge driven partly by people forced to stay at home and helped by the boost given to markets by unprecedented stimulus efforts by governments and central bankers.

Facebook Inc. Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg has added almost $15 billion to his net worth so far this year, even as the company deals with brands boycotting ads on the social network.

[url]https://time.com/5869262/jeff-bezos-13-billion/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=business_amazon&linkId=94537145 [/url]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2020
shocked

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2020
grin

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2020
This is really serious

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Prechgold1180(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2020
I added 1k to my networth yesterday I Nur tell anybody
Common 13 billion wey him add unah Nur wan let mi hear world

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2020
Prechgold1180:
I added 1k to my networth yesterday I Nur tell anybody
Common 13 billion wey him add unah Nur wan let mi hear world

Reason is that his wealth is on stock market, so it is public while yours is in bank , it is private.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by uniqueboi1(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2020
This life no just balance.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Prechgold1180(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2020
Tim1212:

Reason is that his wealth is on stock market, so it is public while yours is in bank , it is private.
shebi I tell you say me sef invest for stock fish. Market

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 9:50am On Jul 21, 2020
Prechgold1180:
shebi I tell you say me sef invest for stock fish. Market

This is really serious bro
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2020
Tech is the future while others are still fighting for oil wells. Nigeria's next generation of billionaires will all be tech founders. Look at the revenues of tech companies in Nigeria. Buycoins did 20 million dollars in a month. Flutterwaves did 5 billion dollars in revenue last year. Kobo360 is doing 50 million dollars a month.

3 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 10:01am On Jul 21, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Tech is the future while others are still fighting for oil wells. Nigeria's next generation of billionaires will all be tech founders. Look at the revenues of tech companies in Nigeria. Buycoins did 20 million dollars in a month. Flutterwaves did 5 billion dollars in revenue last year. Kobo360 is doing 50 million dollars a month.

I totally agree with you bro, technology is already taking over the world. We are busy fighting for oil and gas

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2020
"The rich gets richer."

This popular saying is not complete and funny enough, many people don't even know the concluding part of the saying.

"The rich gets richer because the poor gets poorer."
Better put, the rich can only get richer because someone or some people have gotten poorer.
It can also be put this way, if someone becomes richer, someone else or some people must have become poorer.
Such is life.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
light099:
"The rich gets richer."

This popular saying is not complete and funny enough, many people don't even know the concluding part of the saying.

"The rich gets richer because the poor gets poorer."
Better put, the rich can only get richer because someone or some people have gotten poorer.
It can also be put this way, if someone becomes richer, someone else or some people must have become poorer.
Such is life.
I totally disagree with your philosophy, the rich get richer because they work for it
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Tim1212:

I totally disagree with your philosophy, the rich get richer because they work for it
Yea, you're right son.
It's a deep concept. It's easy to disagree with something you misunderstand or you don't understand at all.

Fact 1:
Didn't you say '....they work for it'?
Well, if you ask me, i will tell you that, the 'work' of the rich is moving money from the pockets of the poor and other people to their own pockets through 'different means'.
Wealth or profit is the movement of money from one person to another.
Someone loses the money voluntarily or involuntarily, and the money goes to another person.
Someone's loss is another person's gain.
Most times, just like the jungle, it's the survival of the fittest. The stronger or strongest always win. Same way wealth flows from the weak to the stronger or strongest.

Fact 2:
Everyone works, isn't it? But the results are different.
Why? It's because we simply call it work, but if you 'zoom in', you would discover the 'works' are not the same.
The 'work' is just an empty container; there are variaties of content in the empty container that make all the difference.
The content of the the container/work might be 'hardness', as in the case of 'hard-work', it might be 'smartness' as in the case of 'smart-work'.
It might be variety of things like opportunity, connection, position and so on.
What you would discover is that most times, the contents of the bottle which would bring tangible profit are contents like power, connection, opportunity, smartness, position and the rest. If you investigate further, it's the rich people who have access to these things.

Now, if you match fact 1 and fact 2 together, it implies as, the work of the rich (strong) is using different means (opportunity, connection, position etc) to acquire money from the pocket of the poor (weak).
NDDC officials have been embezzling money meant for the whole Niger Delta region.
Who are the winners?
The rich officials using their positions to get more wealth.
Who are the losers?
The poor masses of Niger Delta.

I can go on and on.

Tim1212:

Bro I just checked your profile, I discovered your most recent forum. That's is not the kind of wealth Jeff Bezos have, his company provides service to the world.
Try and focus on providing quality services, wealth will definitely locate you.
You're still getting it wrong son.
The point is not him providing services to the world or not, but the cycle of his cash flow.
The quality services he provides can't yield any profit for him if there are no users. Isn't it? While the users of his services might include other rich people or investors who also get more wealth by using his services, but there are more average or poor people using the services who can be regarded more as 'losers' than 'winners'.

Get this, no matter how you factorize the equation of 'wealth flow', you would always end up with two factors, the winners (the rich) and losers (the poor masses, most times).
You might not derive those factors in two steps all the time, but if you continue factorizing, you would most times end up with them.
If there are no Facebook users (mostly average and poor masses using and losing their time on the forum), there won't be Facebook or any profit to the owner.
If there are no buyers or users, Dangote cannot have the wealth he has.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
light099:

Yea, you're right son.
It's a deep concept. It's easy to disagree with something you misunderstand or you don't understand at all.

Fact 1:
Well, if you ask me, i will tell you that, the 'work' of the rich is moving money from the pockets of the poor and other people to their own pockets through 'different means'.
Someone loses the money voluntarily or involuntarily, and the money goes to another person.
Most times, just like the jungle, it's the survival of the fittest. The stronger or strongest always win. Same way wealth flows from the weak to the stronger or strongest.

Fact 2:
Why? It's because we simply call it work, but if you 'zoom in', you would discover the 'works' are not the same.
The 'work' is just an empty container; there are variaties of content in the empty container that make all the difference.
The content of the the container/work might be 'hardness', as in the case of 'hard-work', it might be 'smartness' as in the case of 'smart-work'.
What you would discover is that most times, the contents of the bottle which would bring tangible profit are contents like power, connection, opportunity, smartness, position and the rest. If you investigate further, it's the rich people who have access to these things.

Now, if you match fact 1 and fact 2 together, it implies as, the work of the rich (strong) is using different means (opportunity, connection, position etc) to acquire money from the pocket of the poor (weak).

NDDC officials have been embezzling money meant for the whole Niger Delta region.
Who are the winners?

Who are the losers?

I can go on and on.

Bro I just checked your profile, I discovered your most recent forum. That's is not the kind of wealth Jeff Bezos have, his company provides service to the world.

Try and focus on providing quality services, wealth will definitely locate you.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Emmyloyalty: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tim1212:

This is really serious bro

Tim, you liked about the call-up mail. I now doubt almost everything about you.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

Tim, you liked about the call-up mail. I now doubt almost everything about you.

I send the call up to some, didn't you received it. I have a lot of mail in my inbox. Or just remind me you mail please
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Emmyloyalty: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tim1212:

I send the call up to some, didn't you received it. I have a lot of mail in my inbox. Or just remind me you mail please

loyaltysamuel001@gmail.com
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

loyaltysamuel001@gmail.com

You can check your mail and reply me asap
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Emmyloyalty: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2020
Tim1212:

You can check your mail and reply me asap

I have replied you since yesterday. Check your mail.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by codeigniter(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2020
light099:

Yea, you're right son.

Fact 1:

Fact 2:

Who are the winners?
Who are the losers?

I can go on and on.

You're still getting it wrong son.
The point is not him providing services to the world or not, but the cycle of his cash flow.
The quality services he provides can't yield any profit for him if there are no users. Isn't it? While the users of his services might include other rich people or investors who also get more wealth by using his services, but there are more average or poor people using the services who can be regarded more as 'losers' than 'winners'.

Get this, no matter how you factorize the equation of 'wealth flow', you would always end up with two factors, the winners (the rich) and losers (the poor masses, most times).
You might not derive those factors in two steps all the time, but if you continue factorizing, you would most times end up with them.
If there are no Facebook users (mostly average and poor masses using and losing their time on the forum), there won't be Facebook or any profit to the owner.
If there are no buyers or users, Dangote cannot have the wealth he has.

I agree with you, it is not everyone who uses ads profit from it, there are definitely some winner but there a lot of losers, they too must have worked hard to make it work atleast
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

I have replied you since yesterday. Check your mail.

I sent you a task, to be submitted over the weekend
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2020
codeigniter:

I agree with you, it is not everyone who uses ads profit from it, there are definitely some winner but there a lot of losers, they too must have worked hard to make it work atleast

Yeah, try to be among the winning team
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Emmyloyalty: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Tim1212:

I sent you a task, to be submitted over the weekend

Task completed. I have mailed the file to you, please check.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

Task completed. I have mailed the file to you, please check.

Alright, send the screenshot of your source code and the web page to my WhatsApp number. I receive bunch of mail per day, I can hardly identify yours.

Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Emmyloyalty: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tim1212:

Alright, send the screenshot of your source code and the web page to my WhatsApp number. I receive bunch of mail per day, I can hardly identify yours.

Looks like your mail is disabled. Anyways, I have sent it to you on WhatsApp.
Re: Jeff Bezos Add $13 Billion To His Fortune In A Single Day 》trending by Tim1212(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

Looks like your mail is disabled. Anyways, I have sent it to you on WhatsApp.

This is not how Facebook mobile UI is, it never looks like Facebook.. I said use HTML5/CSS3.

Code something like this
G - suits and its problems

(1) (Reply)

Programmer/developer / Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev / A Talented Nigeria Entrepreneurs Develop The Best Communication And Chatting App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.