Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) (5543 Views)

Highest Paid Dead Celebrities Of 2020 By Forbes (Photos) / 10 Hottest Nigerian Male Celebrities Of 2019 By Pulse / Best Dressed Nigerian Female Celebrities Of 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2020
Alex Okosi is a Nigerian from Anambra state, US-educated media executive responsible for developing and launching MTV Africa (MTV Base) in February 2005. He has also spearheaded the launch of other localized Viacom brands in Africa encompassing Nickelodeon and Comedy Central. Currently, he is responsible for managing the growth and development of the Viacom International Media Networks Africa business - a multichannel portfolio that reaches over 100 million viewers and includes MTV, MTV base, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET International and Comedy Central. Okosi is the creative force behind the MTV Africa Music Awards, a high-profile event that has helped talented African artists raise their international profile and status
Alex Okosi is YouTube Managing Director

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
English hard ooo...you said Hollywood celebrities and put English actors and singers...

You no know Wetin Hollywood mean again?

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
derealj:

So gistm.ania is your source? A mere blog?

Come on man...
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by derealj(m): 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
SonOfAfonja:
English hard ooo...you said Hollywood celebrities and put English actors and singers...

You no know Wetin Hollywood mean again?

I see English is difficult for you that's right. Idris Elba, Hugh Jackman, Celine Dion, they are Oduduwawood celebrities abi?

4 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
I am igbo and igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha known as Kerry Washingtonis an American actress, producer, and director. She gained wide public recognition for starring as crisis management expert Olivia Pope in the ABC drama series Scandal (2012–2018). For her role, she received nominations for two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. Her portrayal of Anita Hill in the HBO television political thriller film Confirmation (2016), earned her another Primetime Emmy Award nomination.

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by iyapont: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
Boring, Op u forgot to add Nicki Minaj,Rihanna,Jay z,taraji, they r all igbos ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by kayfra: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
derealj:

I don't get you. My topic said of igbo origin and he has an igbo name which shows his igbo heritage.

Dude. Igbo ancestry from slavery too far. All African Americans have mixed Yoruba, Igbo, Nupe, Chamba, Congo, Angola, Cameroon, Calabar etc ancestors

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
derealj:

I see English is difficult for you that's right. Idris Elba, Hugh Jackman, Celine Dion, they are Oduduwawood celebrities abi?

Yes, Wizkid, Davido and Burna boy are all in Hollywood cos they’ve been featured...

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo is an English television and film actress and singer.

She is best known for her roles in such films as The Avengers (1998), Love's Labour's Lost (2000), What's the Worst That Could Happen? (2001), Boycott (2001), Away We Go (2009), Sparkle (2012), Alex Cross (2012), The Purge: Anarchy (2014), Selma (2014), Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016), It Comes at Night (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018).
Ejogo also starred in the NBC crime drama series Kidnapped (2006–2007), the ABC thriller series Zero Hour (2013), the Starz anthology drama series The Girlfriend Experience (2017), the HBO anthology crime series True Detective (2019), and the Netflix limited series Self Made (2020).

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by derealj(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
SonOfAfonja:

Yes, Wizkid, Davido and Burna boy are all in Hollywood cos they’ve been featured...
Oga all of America, Canada, Australia, UK are all Hollywood stop showing your ignorance.
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Sonny Corey Uwaezuoke, better known by his stage name Sonny Digital, is an American record producer, rapper, and DJ. He rose to prominence after producing YC's hit single "Racks" in 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ashley Madekwe is a British actress. She is known for her roles as call girl Bambi in the ITV2 series Secret Diary of a Call Girl, social climber Ashley Davenport on the ABC drama series Revenge and the witch Tituba in the WGN America series Salem.

OP I wanted to take my time compile the list over the weekend, Surprised you created the thread today.

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
Annette Ngozi "Annie" Ilonzeh is an American actress. From 2010 to 2011, she played Maya Ward on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital, and later starred as Kate Prince in the short-lived ABC reboot of Charlie's Angels. She later had a recurring roles on shows such as Arrow, Drop Dead Diva and Empire. In 2017, Ilonzeh played Kidada Jones in the biographical drama film All Eyez on Me, and starred in the thriller 'Til Death Do Us Part. In 2018, she started co-starring as Emily Foster in the NBC drama Chicago Fire.

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Daniel Lebern Glover is an American actor, film director, and political activist.

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/Forest+Whitaker-65912.html

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Blair Erwin Underwood is an American actor. He made his debut in the 1985 musical film Krush Groove and from 1987 to 1994 starred as attorney Jonathan Rollins in the NBC legal drama series L.A. Law.

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by derealj(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91944135:
Ashley Madekwe is a British actress. She is known for her roles as call girl Bambi in the ITV2 series Secret Diary of a Call Girl, social climber Ashley Davenport on the ABC drama series Revenge and the witch Tituba in the WGN America series Salem.

OP I wanted to take my time compile the list over the weekend, Surprised you created the thread today.
As e dey hot but it's good you are adding to the thread but some are duplications.
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
Mendi Obadike and Keith Obadike are a married Igbo Nigerian American couple who create music and art. They were both born in 1973. Their music, live art and conceptual Internet artworks have been exhibited internationally. Mendi is a poet and Keith is a composer and sound designer.

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ebubennem Megalyn Ann Echikunwoke, also known as Megalyn E.K., is an American actress,

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by RealEzee(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
grin I knew this was going to happen after seeing Yorubas own on Sunday Mehnn we get naija doing well over there ooo Great stuff

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
It's high time I make up this Igbo Hollywood list, let me quickly process my visa first.

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
RealEzee:
grin I knew this was going to happen after seeing Yorubas own on Sunday
Mehnn we get naija doing well over there ooo
Great stuff

Yeah.. Igbo no wan carry last

we'll soon see Hausa, Ijaw, Ikwerre, Ibibio, Urhobo, Idoma and every other tribes own
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by RealEzee(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ahamefuna0001:

Yeah.. Igbo no wan carry last

we'll soon see Hausa, Ijaw, Ikwerre, Ibibio, Urhobo, Idoma and every other tribes own
grin
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
derealj:
43. Maxo Kream
Emekwanem Ogugua Biosah, Jr. (born March 29, 1990), known professionally as Maxo Kream, is an American rapper and songwriter from Houston, Texas. His debut album Punken was released on January 12, 2018, and the follow-up and major label debut, Brandon Banks, was released on July 19, 2019.

44. Nnamdi Asomugha (born July 6, 1981) is a Nigerian-American actor, producer and former American football cornerback. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley, and was drafted in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders.Asomugha made his professional acting debut in 2008 on The CW Network sitcom The Game. In 2009, he played the role of Ken Shaw in the season premiere of Friday Night Lights Season 4. In 2010, he appeared on the TNT drama Leverage as Walle in the Season 3 episode "The Scheherazade Job".

45. Sonni Chidiebere is an actor of Nigerian origin, known for District 9 (2009), Blood Diamond (2006) and Lord of War (2005).

Carry on man

I want this list to get to 100. Lol
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91942361:
Igbos in Nollywood and Uk Movie industry

1, Forest Whitaker
2, Ashely Maduekwe
3, TD Jakes
4, Nnamdi Asomugha
5, Uzo Aduba
6, Tini Tempah
7, Carolina Chikezie
8, Nonso Anozie
9, Tracy Ifeachor
10, Chike C. Nwoffiah
11, Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo i
12, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri 
13, Uzo Aduba
14, Nnamdi Asomugha
15, Chukwu octuplets
16, Ike Diogu
17, Megalyn Echikunwoke
I8, IK Enemkpali
19, Okwui Enwezor
20. Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
21,Fat Tony (rapper)
22. Godfrey (comedian)
23, Havoc (musician)
24, Alex Okosi
25, Chioma Igwe
26, Uzodinma Iweala
27, Bobby Iwuchukwu
28, Lemar Obika
29, Jesse Iwuji
30, Jidenna
31, Julie Iromuanya
32, Obi Melifonwu
33, Cristian Morton
34, Nnamdi Moweta
35, Chinedum Ndukwe
36, Ikechuku Ndukwe
37Anthony Njokuani
38, Ogonna Nnamani
39  David Nwaba
40, Uzoma Nwachukwu
41, Ike Nwamu
42, Uche Nwaneri
43. Amarachi Nwosu
44, Mendi & Keith Obadike
45Leslye Obiora
46. Cyril Obiozor
47, Chris Ogbonnaya
48, Cedric Ogbuehi
49, Chiney Ogwumike
50, Nneka Ogwumike
51, KC Ohaebosim
52, Alex Okafor
53, Emeka Okafor
54, Jahlil Okafor
55, Joe Okafor
56. Chike Okeafor
57, Nnedi Okorafor
58, Bennett Okotcha
59, Amobi Okoye
60, Bennet Omalu
61, Holmes Onwukaife
62, Tochi Onyebuchi
63, Oguchi Onyewu
64, Brian Orakpo
65, Yvonne Orji
66, Kelechi Osemele
67, Cheta Ozougwu
68, Sonny Digital
69, Chioma Ubogagu
70, Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
71, Michael Uzowuru
72, Tyler, the creator
73, John Amaechi
74, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri 
75, Uzoamaka Nwanneka,
76, Annette Ngozi "Annie" Ilonzeh
77, Daniel Lebern Glover
78, Blair Erwin Underwood
79, Ebubennem Megalyn 

Lalasticlala

Why not give details on each character?

I'm not too comfortable with this listing...

Any need for us to begin to go to google again?
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
kayfra:

You just have to keep on exposing your illiteracy on every thread. They specifically stated Hollywood and some entertainment and you are hawking a list of low grade politicians and African Americans

Smh

You are pathetic somebody. Omo Ibo Onigala grin

I wonder what's giving you headache about this thread??

why not go over to your yari.ba thread and make this corrections there?
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Daniel Lebern Glover and Forest Whitaker great men from Igbo tribe

Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Dalil8: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Lalasticlala

This should grace the front page pls

Igbo Amaka

4 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Muna4real(f): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
I just can't understand why some people are pained. Is this not commendable?
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by michresakidjo(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
kayfra:

You just have to keep on exposing your illiteracy on every thread. They specifically stated Hollywood and some entertainment and you are hawking a list of low grade politicians and African Americans

Smh

You are pathetic somebody. Omo Ibo Onigala grin
grin grin
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91943479:
Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha known as Kerry Washingtonis an American actress, producer, and director. She gained wide public recognition for starring as crisis management expert Olivia Pope in the ABC drama series Scandal (2012–2018). For her role, she received nominations for two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. Her portrayal of Anita Hill in the HBO television political thriller film Confirmation (2016), earned her another Primetime Emmy Award nomination.
Bro

Lying is your DNA

Kerry Washington is not igbo but married to an igbo man

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Washington

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by michresakidjo(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
[quote author=derealj post=91940795][/quote]

Coconut heads without Grammy

Sorry for that

Yes I'm stupid

You too acutely dumb if you judge me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jim Iyke And Nadia Buari Play Love Birds At 2face/annie's Wedding / Nollywood Actresses , Funke Akindele & Eniola Badmus Dancing Shoki / Yoruba Nollywood Twin (ibeji Oran) Killed By Spiritual Attack.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.