Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Do You Want Fg To Open School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Want Fg To Open School (193 Views)

SS 2 Boy,de Intellect Trending For Singing To Government To Open School. / School Resumption: FG To Re-open School For Final Year, Ssce Student / Breaking: FG Can Re-open School - See Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want Fg To Open School by adefajosekayo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
*DO YOU WANT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO RE OPEN SCHOOL SOONER?*

A MESSAGE FROM DOCTORSURE.

I want you to know that 'presently' I am not a student, I have passed the undergraduate level last year; and I am in possession of a result that does not depend on hoping for a white collaroffice/job (I studied Animal Health Technology) thanks to Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Igboora. But I know the pains of Nigerian students who has being at home for the past three or four months, especially seeing market places and religion centres opened, and the worst; election will hold amidst this same pandemic which made the Federal Government deny students access to classroom. Truly its a big shame on our country for the leaders to be displaying this high level of incompetence and unintelligible attitudes. It is unaguable; that what they preach is: ''education is of no use''.

Kudos to Comrades who came up with the idea of online protest on all social media i.e. #OpenOurSchools. It is a commendable effort. Meanwhile, students have not shown cognizance to this brilliant idea. Probably because they doubt if it could push a strand of hair.

It is so disappointing, the position of ASUU on the reopening of school. I used to believe that ASUU Struggle is our struggle (agreeing with comrade Obutu Godwin), not until the ASUU Chairman utter the shameful statement. So now, I want to adjust my position by saying: ''not all ASUU struggle is students struggle''. It is in no doubt that most unions that used to stand straight are now infected with the corruption virus which made their leaders now to be crooked. How can a father ''be happy collecting salary and suggest that the progress of students be annulled''. That man really need to be stoned, God forgive me.

At this time, I will not advise a physical protest, because, we have long lost that strength. Most students wouldn't want to come out for fear of been brutalissed by security personnels (as that is the usually tool for suppressing student protest). But I believe we dominate the Nigeria cyber space and the world has drastically shifted to technology. We can frustrate them with the strength we posses technology wise, if we want to and do it right with good strategy.

Being a man who believe in struggle for a better running nation and good education system, I have come out with some modalities to make the virtual protest have great impact.

1. Students should be ready to sacrifice their time to bombard every post made by any government or political pages or group with #OpenOURSCHOOLS comment. I mean, in a way that no other comment will be seen on this post other than Open our schools. This will frustrate comments section to be disabled. When they disable their comment sessions, tag them and send private messages, requesting ''OpenOurSchools, this will spam their inbox and make the social media handles useless and they will be unable to pass informations.

2. Most students listen to radio and watch tv programs. Anytime there is a live program which give access for audience to call in, call and when your call is picked, shout reopen our school (this sound crazy and radical), or you can say it in an intellectual way. Just make sure your comment does not correlate with the topic of discussion on the programs, but open our school should be untop of every voices.

3. Get sheets of paper, cardboard and so on, write re open our school boldly and paste it in any convenient place in your street on on the road side.

All this may sound crazy, but I tell you, the only language they understand is disruption or frustration.
I WISH US SUCCESS
ALUTA CONTINUA!

1 Like

Re: Do You Want Fg To Open School by Charleys: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
What kind of question is this?
Ask yourself, is there running water in your schools?
Where you can wash your hands.

If not, the government has failed you.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt Announces Dates For NECO, NABTEB, Other Examinations / Spacex Rocket Splashes Back To Earth From ISS (+LIVE VIDEO) / “the Man In The Arena.”... ~ President Theodore Roosevelt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.