Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio (26924 Views)

Akpabio writes National Assembly, denies saying lawmakers got NDDC contracts / Akpabio: 60% Of NDDC Contracts Are Awarded to National Assembly Members / NDDC Probe: NANS, NYCN Tell Akpabio To Step Down For Proper Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
Akpabio is not lying, most of the contracts awarded in that commission were awarded to reps, that's why nothing happens.

Its sad that after 10 yes since its commission it the NDDC has nothing to show, the ijaws and other Niger deltans who are threatening fire and brimstone over neglect of the region should ask their prominent sons and daughters who served in the commission and in past governments what contribution did they make towards the region during their privileged tenures.

Surely they can't blame Yoruba's ,Hausa Fulani's and Igbo's for the regions embarrassingly perpetual underdevelopment and backwardness not after the NDDC was established and handed over to them.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by blackgold90(m): 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
vicdom:
cheesy
Damage control grin grin
Why didn't they ask him this question during their altercations. Useless thieves undecided embarassed

Contacts are carried out by Nigerians and the main issue against any Rep Member who won contact but fail to delivered should be the main talk.

He need to be flush from that position
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by tundess: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
They called Akpabio's bluff.
It's an easy accusation to make. Nigerians already believe the Legislature exists to line their pockets. So it was a get of "public opinion jail" card that Akpabio laid on the table.
Let Akpabio/Executive publish a complete list of contracts awarded at the Ministry and the Commission since he became minister.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by Ayed44: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Cmanforall:

I agree. So they shouldn't feel uncomfortable that they are being awarded some NDDC contracts. Unless they have embezzled the funds. Corruption
Akpabio is trying to blackmail the National Assembly members by making it sound as if all the members were involved. Not all the National Assembly members got contracts from NDDC. Let Akpabio name those involved.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by bizhop01: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
Incandescent:
What Nigeria needs now is Sowore.

I have done my analysis. This dude has no affiliation with these rogues called politicians.

These thieves need to pay for what they have done to this country

Guys wake up
The same way Nigeria needed buhari
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
vicdom:
cheesy
Damage control grin grin
Why didn't they ask him this question during their altercations. Useless thieves undecided embarassed

cheesy.... it is OKAY......×4 times... grin grin.... Unless Thieves....

Lol.......
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by earnit1: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by EdiskyHarry: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Strangebuttrue:
Akpabio the ibibio
Mr man stop saying what you don't know, akpabio is not an ibibio man.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by crown08(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
Benite:
For those that watched the panel, you will notice Akpabio was just trying to find a way out by not answering their questions and blackmailing the house committee members. The video circulating round of the chairman asking Apkabio to stop talking was because the clash with the female lawmaker then was percieved by him to becoming rowdy. Unfortunately for the Chairman he didnt know that Akpabio wanted that to send to his online Publicist as diversionary which the female Lawmaker (May God bless her) in her wisdom had perceived hence her stand.
Do you know that when the chairman calmed everyone, Akpabio was asked to bring evidence about the contract given to the chairman, he could not, meaning he lied and Akpabio apologised and withdrew his statement. That part of the video is not in circulation courtesy his e-warriors.
In sane country Akpabio being indicted for stealing 30 files (which he acknowledged at the panel), usurping the managent of NDDC and other corrupt practices should have been sacked and jailed as deterrent to others, IMC dissolved and those culprits jailed and Nunieh reinstated with presidential backing.
On a final note i want to appreciate that Hon Benard or so who made Akpabio to be mute lol and that female house of reps member (whoever knows her name should drop it here) she is a hero and needs to be appreciated.
Pls take time to watch the full video of the probe, you will weep for this country.
where is d video pls
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by ekwerendi(m): 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Akpabio went from governor to minister undecided
If the fool becomes a permanent secretary or a local govt councillor tomorrow I won't be shocked. Greedy fool.

And it was Buhari the idiot that appointed him.
Zombies claiming sophisticated should take note !!!!

Hahahaha why do you think becoming a minister of the federal republic is demeaning.... As a minister you are entitled to a budgetary allocation which allows you to spend as you want.... I prefer ministerial role even more than a senator if not for the fact that you can be sacked anytime...
So it's a better option....He isn't a junior minister sef, but a minister in one of the biggest ministry

#Pls if you are in #Asaba# kindly dm me, I need your assistance. Thanks
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by Strangebuttrue(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
EdiskyHarry:

Mr man stop saying what you don't know, akpabio is not an ibibio man.
Bros no be fight now . Annang.? I used to think that the only tribe in Akwa Ibom is Ibibio . But now I know it is not the only one

1 Like

Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by delpee(f): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
Benite:
For those that watched the panel, you will notice Akpabio was just trying to find a way out by not answering their questions and blackmailing the house committee members. The video circulating round of the chairman asking Apkabio to stop talking was because the clash with the female lawmaker then was percieved by him to becoming rowdy. Unfortunately for the Chairman he didnt know that Akpabio wanted that to send to his online Publicist as diversionary which the female Lawmaker (May God bless her) in her wisdom had perceived hence her stand.
Do you know that when the chairman calmed everyone, Akpabio was asked to bring evidence about the contract given to the chairman, he could not, meaning he lied and Akpabio apologised and withdrew his statement. That part of the video is not in circulation courtesy his e-warriors.
In sane country Akpabio being indicted for stealing 30 files (which he acknowledged at the panel), usurping the managent of NDDC and other corrupt practices should have been sacked and jailed as deterrent to others, IMC dissolved and those culprits jailed and Nunieh reinstated with presidential backing.
On a final note i want to appreciate that Hon Benard or so who made Akpabio to be mute lol and that female house of reps member (whoever knows her name should drop it here) she is a hero and needs to be appreciated.
Pls take time to watch the full video of the probe, you will weep for this country.

Thanks for this. Please where can one view the full video.? What I have seen ends with the "It's okay " stated by the acting Chairman.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by SleekyPosh(m): 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
Stupid Post.

Benite:
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by Nchenches: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Cmanforall:

There are members getting such contracts. He may not want to mention names because of political affiliations. But I believe this could be his opportunity to make history.
List them! Expose all corrupt officials. You have been a governor, senator and now a minister. What else does he want?

I don't know why National Assembly members will also be contactors. If they choose to be both, then they should openly declare that. If any of them had got an NDDC contract and executed it perfectly, there will be nothing to be scared of.
Only that there is high chance of embezzlement.
Nigeria truly needs restructuring!

Nigeria truly needs political restructuring, as you wrote.
But wonders are how only Arewa has been able to stop rest of Nigeria that want political restructuring done.

All these embezzlement of government funds shall drastically reduce in a true and fiscal federal system of government in Nigeria.

But because Arewa takes lion share and political control through the large number of states proliferated by Arewa soldiers in the north, Arewa political class sticks to the political structure and governance system killing Nigeria.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by Cmanforall: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
Nchenches:

Nigeria truly needs political restructuring, as you wrote.
But wonders are how only Arewa has been able to stop rest of Nigeria that want political restructuring done.

All these embezzlement of government funds shall drastically reduce in a true and fiscal federal system of government in Nigeria.

But because Arewa takes lion share and political control through the large number of states proliferated by Arewa soldiers in the north, Arewa political class sticks to the political structure and governance system killing Nigeria.
Other regions relaxed during the State and even Local govt. creation in the country. They use that as political power.
I believe most Nigerians won't be bothered if a certain region stays in power forever, so far there is development and transparency in the leadership.
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by Patode: 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
The Niger Delta people especially the Ijaws fall my hand. With all their gra gra, they cannot threaten all these thieves. "We know he is a thief, but he is our thief"
Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by proeast(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Cmanforall:

There are members getting such contracts. He may not want to mention names because of political affiliations. But I believe this could be his opportunity to make history.
List them! Expose all corrupt officials. You have been a governor, senator and now a minister. What else does he want?

I don't know why National Assembly members will also be contactors. If they choose to be both, then they should openly declare that. If any of them had got an NDDC contract and executed it perfectly, there will be nothing to be scared of.
Only that there is high chance of embezzlement.
Nigeria truly needs restructuring!

That is the evil system they're running in Nigeria. The Senate has become a cesspit of corruption. How can a handful of men that are working less than the average university lecturer, and many of them with less qualifications be destroying the country like this. They aware themselves criminal wages and allowances and still turn around to embezzle monies that were mapped out for projects. This is insane! It is highly despicable to say the least.

It is obvious that the Senate is filled with kleptomaniacs that have no limit to graft. These guys won't mind to sell the country provided they've secured the bags for themselves and their immediate families.

It's so sad and frustrating that Nigerian masses have been totally 'raped'.

1 Like

Re: Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio by melviniyke2002(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
vicdom:
cheesy
Damage control grin grin
no mind dem...nah only its ok n off ur mic we dey hear....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is The Annual Package Of An Lg Chairman / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Benue Killings - Someone In APC Finally Making Sense / Police Capture Escaped Kidnapper Linked To Senator Dino Melaye (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.