Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Boko Haram In Nigeria - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Boko Haram In Nigeria (339 Views)

Birds Seen Doing Tawaf (Circumambulation) At Deserted Masjid Al Haram / Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam / Is It Haram In Islam To Use Artificial Hair (extension)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram In Nigeria by AbooUthaymeen(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
The messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (ﷺ) said: The Khawaarij(terrorists in the name of Islam) are the dogs of hellfire.

Islam had always fought against terrorism and today, Islamic scholars still remain the ones fighting against terrorism in the correct way. What do I mean by "the correct way"? Well, as it is said, ideologies live longer than men, if you want to kill the ideology, fight the ideology itself not the men that carry it. The west fight the men that carry the ideology, if at all they are fighting them, while Islamic scholars such as ibn Baaz, ibn Uthaymeen, Muqbil, Fawzaan, Rabee, Ubayd and their likes fight the ideology itself, and Alhamdulillaah, it has always been fruitful.

If Nigerians want to fight bokoharam, the ideology is the primary thing they should fight, although fighting the individuals themselves has it's own use, but they should also fight the ideology and this is not achievable except through Islamic scholars. How so? The terrorists claim they have proofs for what they do from the Quran and Hadeeth, in reality they are nothing but liars without understanding. Islamic scholars are needed to prove to them that their understanding of what they claim as proof for them is nothing but a delusion.

Now, how did Bokoharam start in Nigeria?

I am only going to discuss how bokoharam started in Nigeria, not the ideology itself, because the ideology has been in existence for over 1400 years. Reason the messenger of Allaah said those with such ideologies are the dogs of hellfire and their umbrella name in Islam is Al-Khawaarij.
Boko haram started in the 90s and not 2011 as many people think. It started with Muhammad Yusuf (may Allaah deal with him using his justice) criticising the Nigerian government, and the major tool he used in criticising the government is, it is not a government that uses the shariah. Since it is not a government that uses the shariah, then it's schools are haram(prohibited) to attend, so they started warning people from going to Western schools, boko means school in the Hausa Language, haram means prohibited, hence the name: Boko haram.

Let me fast forward a bit...

When the ideology started gaining ground in the society, the scholars of that region, such as Shaykh Ja'far started speaking against it and informing the people that it is the ideology of the khawaarij of the old that is being repackaged now as boko haram. A heated debate came up between Shaykh Ja'far and Muhammad Yusuf where both parties brought their arguments, at the end Muhammad Yusuf was convinced he was upon falsehood due to the strong evidences Shaykh Ja'far brought refuting his misconstrued understanding of the Quran and Hadeeth.

At this juncture, Muhammad Yusuf probably told his followers that he got convinced he isn't upon truth and they disagreed with him as a result he continued on the ideology or shaytaan made him to hide it from his followers and the ideology continued, Allaah knows best. All we know is, the ideology continued after having been convinced of its falsehood.

Shaykh Ja'far in 2007 was shot dead while leading salaat, it was morning prayer, suddenly the first gunshot came in and his recitation stopped while he was still standing, the second shot came in and he collapsed. It was said that he said "Ash-hadu an la ilaaha illallaah wa Ash-hadu Anna Muhammadan rosulullaah" I bear witness that nothing is worthy of worship except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allaah, this he said before dying. We pray to Allaah to grant him Paradise and forgive his shortcomings, Aameen. That was how the man who was vehemently attacking boko haram ideology both in Kano and Maiduguri, he used to give classes in Maiduguri, was murdered.

In 2009, Muhammad Yusuf was killed by the Nigerian government, but the ideology still remained and Abubakar Shekau took over the bloodthirsty group, prior to this, the scholars in the north have been warning openly about this deadly group, but the government paid no heed, perhaps because they've not seen any atrocity commited not until they started killing people with arms, they attacked the police stations in jigawa(if I remember the state correctly) and so on. The first attack that actually called the attention of everyone was when Boko Haram launched their first suicide bombing in 2011, where they bombed the UN office in Abuja and that's how they continued till this day.

If you look at it, Boko Haram, Isis and their brothers from the Khawaarij make use of four well-calculated steps:

1. Tahyeej(Appealing to people's emotions and stirring them up against the government).
2. Tanfeer(Creating hatred in their hearts for the government so they'll alleniate themselves from them).
3. Takfeer(Declaring the governments as disbelievers and putting it in people's hearts that they are actually disbelievers).
4. Tafjeer(Bombing the government and whoever disagrees with them on their misguided ideology).

Which means there is a fine line between an average person and a terrorist. That fine line is speaking ill of the government, by so doing, you are causing hatred in the hearts of the people for them and that is the first step in turning them into full-blown terrorists. If you are amongst those that speak ill of Buhari, we know he has mistakes just like everyone of us, then know you have something in common with Boko Haram and they are your brothers in some aspects. It will be double standards to dissociate yourself from boko haram and you are speaking ill of the government.

May Allaah grant us the correct understanding of Islam.

And Allaah knows best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by ModestGal(f): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
AbooUthaymeen:
The messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (ﷺ) said: The Khawaarij(terrorists in the name of Islam) are the dogs of hellfire.

Islam had always fought against terrorism and today, Islamic scholars still remain the ones fighting against terrorism in the correct way. What do I mean by "the correct way"? Well, as it is said, ideologies live longer than men, if you want to kill the ideology, fight the ideology itself not the men that carry it. The west fight the men that carry the ideology, if at all they are fighting them, while Islamic scholars such as ibn Baaz, ibn Uthaymeen, Muqbil, Fawzaan, Rabee, Ubayd and their likes fight the ideology itself, and Alhamdulillaah, it has always been fruitful.

If Nigerians want to fight bokoharam, the ideology is the primary thing they should fight, although fighting the individuals themselves has it's own use, but they should also fight the ideology and this is not achievable except through Islamic scholars. How so? The terrorists claim they have proofs for what they do from the Quran and Hadeeth, in reality they are nothing but liars without understanding. Islamic scholars are needed to prove to them that their understanding of what they claim as proof for them is nothing but a delusion.

Now, how did Bokoharam start in Nigeria?

I am only going to discuss how bokoharam started in Nigeria, not the ideology itself, because the ideology has been in existence for over 1400 years. Reason the messenger of Allaah said those with such ideologies are the dogs of hellfire and their umbrella name in Islam is Al-Khawaarij.
Boko haram started in the 90s and not 2011 as many people think. It started with Muhammad Yusuf (may Allaah deal with him using his justice) criticising the Nigerian government, and the major tool he used in criticising the government is, it is not a government that uses the shariah. Since it is not a government that uses the shariah, then it's schools are haram(prohibited) to attend, so they started warning people from going to Western schools, boko means school in the Hausa Language, haram means prohibited, hence the name: Boko haram.

Let me fast forward a bit...

When the ideology started gaining ground in the society, the scholars of that region, such as Shaykh Ja'far started speaking against it and informing the people that it is the ideology of the khawaarij of the old that is being repackaged now as boko haram. A heated debate came up between Shaykh Ja'far and Muhammad Yusuf where both parties brought their arguments, at the end Muhammad Yusuf was convinced he was upon falsehood due to the strong evidences Shaykh Ja'far brought refuting his misconstrued understanding of the Quran and Hadeeth.

At this juncture, Muhammad Yusuf probably told his followers that he got convinced he isn't upon truth and they disagreed with him as a result he continued on the ideology or shaytaan made him to hide it from his followers and the ideology continued, Allaah knows best. All we know is, the ideology continued after having been convinced of its falsehood.

Shaykh Ja'far in 2007 was shot dead while leading salaat, it was morning prayer, suddenly the first gunshot came in and his recitation stopped while he was still standing, the second shot came in and he collapsed. It was said that he said "Ash-hadu an la ilaaha illallaah wa Ash-hadu Anna Muhammadan rosulullaah" I bear witness that nothing is worthy of worship except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allaah, this he said before dying. We pray to Allaah to grant him Paradise and forgive his shortcomings, Aameen. That was how the man who was vehemently attacking boko haram ideology both in Kano and Maiduguri, he used to give classes in Maiduguri, was murdered.

In 2009, Muhammad Yusuf was killed by the Nigerian government, but the ideology still remained and Abubakar Shekau took over the bloodthirsty group, prior to this, the scholars in the north have been warning openly about this deadly group, but the government paid no heed, perhaps because they've not seen any atrocity commited not until they started killing people with arms, they attacked the police stations in jigawa(if I remember the state correctly) and so on. The first attack that actually called the attention of everyone was when Boko Haram launched their first suicide bombing in 2011, where they bombed the UN office in Abuja and that's how they continued till this day.

If you look at it, Boko Haram, Isis and their brothers from the Khawaarij make use of four well-calculated steps:

1. Tahyeej(Appealing to people's emotions and stirring them up against the government).
2. Tanfeer(Creating hatred in their hearts for the government so they'll alleniate themselves from them).
3. Takfeer(Declaring the governments as disbelievers and putting it in people's hearts that they are actually disbelievers).
4. Tafjeer(Bombing the government and whoever disagrees with them on their misguided ideology).

Which means there is a fine line between an average person and a terrorist. That fine line is speaking ill of the government, by so doing, you are causing hatred in the hearts of the people for them and that is the first step in turning them into full-blown terrorists. If you are amongst those that speak ill of Buhari, we know he has mistakes just like everyone of us, then know you have something in common with Boko Haram and they are your brothers in some aspects. It will be double standards to dissociate yourself from boko haram and you are speaking ill of the government.

May Allaah grant us the correct understanding of Islam.

And Allaah knows best.
I agree with you in some aspect, SUNNI ideology both wahabism and salafism is the root cause of terrorism and we need scholars to actually help us stop that and clean the heart of people.
Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by ModestGal(f): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
According to Sunni Islam, the terrorist are the real ones practicing Islam because they are the one practising what is written in Sunni Fatwas, and done by some past Sunni Muslims in history.

The terrorist of today's are simply following what is written in these fatwas and what they read in the history.
For instance
1. The killing of people that convert to Christianity
2. The killing of anyone that abuse prophet Muhammad
3. Permissibility of Rape in Marriage
4. Stoning to death of people that commit adultery
And so on and so forth
The fatwas of Salafy of yesterday does not make sense to that of today.
Ibn Tahimiya was a great scholar in Islam, he normalize killing in his fatawa which he us actually a human and prone to errors, but the Sunni ideology would take that out and preach to their followers.
On small issues, they decreed they should be killed.

That's ridiculous and that's one of the problem we have today in Islam, where our salafi brothers (Allah's PA) rendered everyone as kaafir, trying to take over and unleash their killing ideology.

Shekau's (Leader of Boko Haram) lecture is full of references to these people. Shekau and other terrorist use these SUNNI ideologies to normalize their useless behaviors

Why should you kill someone on issues such like.
1. When someone recite his intention before solat out ?

2. Giving permission to a son to kill his parent if he's invited into shirk. (Fatawa ibn Tahimiya, Vol 14, page 478)

3. A matured person that misses prayer must repent or be killed (Fatawa ibn Tahimiya, vol3, page 263)

4. Any one who permit or eat snake and scorpion should repent or be killed {Like seriously ??}. (Fatawa ibn Tahimiya, vol 11, page 330)

5. Whoever rejects all that are permissible, like eating bread, meat and marriage must repent or be killed..(Fatawa ibn Tahimiya, vol 11, page 222)

The mardin fatwa is also another topic on it's own by sheikh taqiudeen.

Among others.

How soon would peace be realized in the world if these are the books we read and makes judgement from such fatwas ??

Many of Sunnis post how a Christian life is worthless and meaningless and how everyone is going to hell, why won't some people stand up and start killing, after all their life means nothing according to these fatwas.
All these terrorists see Normal Muslims as hypocrites and thus we are also going to hell because we are the ones not following the Fatwas.
Former Imam of Masjidul Haram (a salafi scholar once confirmed that terrorist groups like Daesh are founded under salafy ideology, its on YouTube, go and watch it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by AbooUthaymeen(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
ModestGal:

I agree with you in some aspect, SUNNI ideology both wahabism and salafism is the root cause of terrorism and we need scholars to actually help us stop that and clean the heart of people.

I advise you seek knowledge from the correct source and not what you were told or read from some biased source.

In reality, it is the salafis that have always been warning against terrorism. And the root cause of terrorism is actually from the Sufis. Look at Taalibaan, look at ISIS and their brothers, they are all Sufis.

Hezbollah is a Shia group, houthis is a Shia group, so let's leave double standards.

The likes of ibn baaz, ibn Uthaymeen, Albaani, Muqbil and the likes have been warning against terrorism and they are all salafis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by ModestGal(f): 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
AbooUthaymeen:

I advise you seek knowledge from the correct source and not what you were told or read from some biased source.

In reality, it is the salafis that have always been warning against terrorism. And the root cause of terrorism is actually from the Sufis. Look at Taalibaan, look at ISIS and their brothers, they are all Sufis.

Hezbollah is a Shia group, houthis is a Shia group, so let's leave double standards.

The likes of ibn baaz, ibn Uthaymeen, Albaani, Muqbil and the likes have been warning against terrorism and they are all salafis.
Boko Haram is a Sunni group,lol.
Even a baby knows that,most terrorist groups are founded under the Sunni Ideology, please you are the one that needs to read the history of the Sunnis, read all the killing fatwas. Disgusting preaching that goes against humanity and kind heartedness

All I just see about today's Sunnis is confusion, even the former Imam of masjidul haram confirmed this, that Daesh is based on Sunnis ideology.
And you also just confirmed what I am saying by telling me ''I should seek knowledge not what I am told'' when I'm a total stranger to you, isn't that the same thing these terroristgroups say about other sane Muslims. When it comes to reading, how are you sure you have surpassed me?these are attributes of dumb people

You need to read bro, and open your brain while reading

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by AbooUthaymeen(m): 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
ModestGal:

Even a baby knows that,most terrorist groups are founded under the Sunni Ideology, please you are the one that needs to read the history of the Sunnis, read all the killing fatwas. Disgusting preaching that goes against humanity and kind heartedness

All I just see about today's Sunnis is confusion, even the former Imam of masjidul haram confirmed this, that Daesh is based on Sunnis ideology.
And you also just confirmed what I am saying by telling me ''I should seek knowledge not what I am told'' when I'm a total stranger to you, isn't that the same thing these terroristgroups say about other sane Muslims. When it comes to reading, how are you sure you have surpassed me?these are attributes of dumb people

Ok...
Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by AgentNairaland(f): 10:29am On Jul 22, 2020
Quran 8:12

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve So strike above the necks and strike off every fingertip of theirs

Quran 8:39

"And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by AbooUthaymeen(m): 11:12am On Jul 22, 2020
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 119:

مُوتُوا بِغَيْظِكُمْ

"...Perish in your rage..."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by Razzness(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
ModestGal:

Both of u should stop all this accusations. It is so unfair to associate any mazhab to terrorism. Terorist are not muslims, period.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
I was curious why you wont discuss about the ideology of terrorism, but then your ending paragraph throws more questions than answers. Is boko haram against buhari? Why do you choose to make it a personal affair? Are you honest at all? Again that your "fine-line" seems so skewed.
Re: Boko Haram In Nigeria by ymstar(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Noted

(1) (Reply)

What Gives The Heart Life And Sustenance / Important Point While Praying / Five Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.