Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nddc Saga: Our Reactions As Idiots, Tribesmen And Citizens! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nddc Saga: Our Reactions As Idiots, Tribesmen And Citizens! (193 Views)

Intersociety: Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya. His Tribesmen ‘Sold Him Out’ / The 3 Types Of People On Earth: Idiots, Tribesmen And Citizens / Ondo Herdsmen: FFK To Buhari 'Stop Turning Blind Eye On Your Tribesmen' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nddc Saga: Our Reactions As Idiots, Tribesmen And Citizens! by Naijaflashpoint: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
#LetItBeKnown
[img][/img]

Originally, the NDDC is supposed to be called OPADEC (oil producing area development commission) which would have primarily comprised of the oil producing states especially of the Niger Delta area but due to the selfishness of legislators, it's nomenclature was changed to accommodate the gullible interest of other non oil producing states.

Despite the enormous wealth created by the Niger Delta area, her people continues to suffer the negative impact of oil exploration which has affected her source of livelihood and it's environs. Even with the billions voted for the rehabilitation, reconstruction and development of the area; our representatives have stood as agents of underdevelopment precipitating untold hardship through the diversion of our common wealth into their pockets while they come home to point at the Northern man as our enemy.

A regrettable fact here is how we have been divided into three class of persons as classified by Ancient Greece whom were actually the promoters of democracy of yore. They classified person's in the society as IDIOTS, TRIBESMEN AND CITIZENS!

The IDIOTS are selfish people with no public philosophy, no knowledge, skills, character and virtue. They're all for themselves.

The TRIBESMEN are people with parochial thoughts, they're always tribalistic and see's other people's opinion as aliens. They're aggressive and loyal to their religion and tribe. Nothing seems wrong in as much as it's a tribes ideology.

THE IDEAL MAN is whom they call CITIZEN. The citizen accepts wide range criticism and accepts divers opinion. He is one who is full of skills, the knowledge of public life, and strive for the common good. He knows his rights and responsibility as a member of the society...

But with the ineptitude nature of the agitation or perhaps the confrontation of the NDDC prob by some persons in the Niger Delta, especially the supposed NIGER DELTA STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT (NDSUG) has invariably replicated where they belong according to their limited sense of reasoning.

I wouldn't want to say much but it's disheartening to be called a Niger Deltan in an era where we eulogise those who has continuously ripped us off our hopes, they seats on us like an OCTOPUS and sucks us dry. They called the Northerner a predator but they lie, I have had friends from the North and I come to realize that they don't portray what they tell us about them!

Finally I have chosen to be a citizen without fear or favour on whose side the fire and brimstone will fall on!

I am Raphael Alali writing from the Creeks of the lower Delta.

#LetTheProbContinue
#nddcprobe
#nddcwhereisthemoney

(1) (Reply)

Edo Crisis: 'I’m Innocent Of Your Accusations', Gov Obaseki Replies Capt. Hosa / Launching Of Agricultural Component In Katsina State / Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gov. Ikpeazu After He Tested Negative For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.