Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Live Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Live Today (222 Views)

Six Quick Facts As Nigeria’s Enaira Goes Live Today / First Edition Of AGRIC Business Training Live Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Live Today by lastchild: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
It came across my mind to share this story as a piece of advice to whoever may listen,

my father got a contract in 1987 during babangida's regime at sea port, portharcourt, throughout the 80s to early 90s he was counting millions, if not billions, we were tenant all the while because my father was planning to build the whole world in the name of estate

He kept investing all his money in buying barges and boats,he was among the elites in oil then and what we know today as bunkery(was legal then)

One faithful night in 1990, he came home late and the landlord refused opening the gate for him to drive in (landlord was also a rich man)

After some altercation, the landlord went and opened the gate for him, my father felt insulted and decided to build 3 storey building and pack out overnight

He took small change from his pocket and bought a land, started 3 storey building which went on 24 hours none stop, we parked out of the compound into our own house

3 years later, abacha came into power and shut down their business which took all the money my father had in a twinkle of an eye

Ladies and gentlemen, that 3 storey building that my father took small change from his pocket to build became the only thing he has today

Don't wait for tomorrow to live, don't wait for tomorrow to invest, don't wait for tomorrow to act, act today because your tomorrow may not come

(1) (Reply)

FG Declares Thursday, Friday As Public Holidays To Mark Eid-el-kabir / I Mistakenly Recharge Over 10k From My Account Instead Of 1k / Join This Amazing Whatsapp Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.