Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate (26018 Views)

El-Rufai: Only Buhari Can Convince Me Run For Presidency Or Be A Running Mate / Only Buhari Can Look Obasanjo In The Eye And Survive It – Adesina / Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by CHANNELSTV202: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Something needs to be done to check mate the insecurities in the country
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by bizhop01: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Incompetent Presidency
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by nokatakata: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
No problem na... at least it is their people they are killing. They can fold their arms and continue to watch them die.

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by bayelsaowei(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Just as the senate and house can decide to impeach the president...

As the presidency is there making mouth let the houses of reps and senate kick start a very beautiful impeachment process so that we know how far..nonsense country..

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by bamasite2: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Only God can save us!
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
DEROXMAN:
sad Good talk I love the way buhari used zoning formula to appoint them sef.Never knew chief of army staff reports to chief of defence who reports later report to the defence minister so buratai is under abayomi olonishakin! really?

In reality the most powerful military officers and the ones who every sitting president needs to have on his side in the Nigerian political equation are the CoAS and GOCs, they are the ones who can topple him or lead a secession attempt and thats all Nigerian leaders care about. The CDS is an admin job....he has no troops, so he is really of no consequence in the Nigerian sense. He is important only in so far as the Military is doing what a military is supposed to do.....as it should be.

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Racoon(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Gunshots were fired in Aso Rock and the president never waited for century to rejig the security apparatus of the villa.Countless Nigerians & our military have lost their lives because of of lack of purposeful leadership from the president & service chiefs.

All it's concerned with is granting amnesty to terrorists while negotiating with bandits.This just shows how irresponsible the present leadership is all about.Buhari appointed the service chiefs, so he is answerable for their inefficiency.
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by jasent(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
SamuelOamen:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-only-buhari-can-sack-service-chief-presidency-replies-senate/
Does anyone still doubt that Buhari is in connivance with the army to delay the war against insurgency so as to embezzle more money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by appini: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
Everyday drama and confusion, without no meaningful development for the people.
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by bayelsaowei(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Nigeria's legislative arm of govt. is almost worthless.Buhari's veto powers should be reviewed by those old lawmakers.
its just bribery and money mongering..

If not tell me why a capable senate house and reps cannot initiate an impeachment of the president knowing fully well he can't protect the lives of the Nigerian people
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by badoh(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
The senate need not sweat over the service chiefs. They should summon Buhari himself to give update on the worsening security situation of the country. If no improvement within 3 months, they should commence impeachment proceedings but who will do that. Rubber stamp Senate.

3 Likes

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by luluosas(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Na so na. Since dem dey use dem take dey shine somewhere, how him go take sack the irresponsible service chiefs?
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Jorge91: 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
SamuelOamen:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-only-buhari-can-sack-service-chief-presidency-replies-senate/
The service chiefs days are numbered, it won’t take long before they all get sacked. Few more killings because we know the boko boys and bandits are not done yet.
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
SAI BARBER
I am more concerned about the info on my signature
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Gaddafiyusf(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
One day one of them will be used as sacrificial lamb

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Karlifate: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
DEROXMAN:
sad Good talk I love the way buhari used zoning formula to appoint them sef.Never knew chief of army staff reports to chief of defence who reports later report to the defence minister so buratai is under abayomi olonishakin! really?
Olonishakin is like a figure head.
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by frank417: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
If I was a service chief, I will resign.

2 Likes

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by henry978(m): 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Who is the presidency?
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Openbusiness4: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Only Buhari can sack them. Ok, so why is Buhari not sacking them?
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by feelings1: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
The house of assembly can also sack Buhari.
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by iwaeda: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
suprememoney:

So what is stopping him from sacking those greedy service chiefs?
The man that has long gone
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by softworldsystem(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
HAHA Nigeria is now releasing season dram on a daily basis

770000 federal job palava

O Nigeria youth Lets arise and shine for these old men only represent their pot belly

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by boss221: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
I don't think dis govt have sense which means federal government is supporting d goats.. Den continues killing will start again... Abeg Nigeria na scam
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by DEROXMAN: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Karlifate:

Olonishakin is like a figure head.
They are here go and remove him na or tell everyone he isn't shief if defence again
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by DEROXMAN: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
isthatso:

In reality the most powerful military officers and the ones who every sitting president needs to have on his side in the Nigerian political equation are the CoAS and GOCs, they are the ones who can topple him or lead a secession attempt and thats all Nigerian leaders care about. The CDS is an admin job....he has no troops, so he is really of no consequence in the Nigerian sense. He is important only in so far as the Military is doing what a military is supposed to do.....as it should be.
So you are saying he is under burarai or what?
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by izibili44: 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
To the dullard that is what is best for the country.quote author=suprememoney post=91951175]

So what is stopping him from sacking those greedy service chiefs?[/quote]
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by alasane: 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:
Let me still put this here!!

I'm not a fan of Buratai or a fan of Buhari!!

But I must commend this government in the fight against Bokoharam in the north East.

Before 2015 Bokoharam were strong and well equipped that no northern state is safe.

Kano was not safe... Bombing here and there!!

Kaduna, Gombe, bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi,Adamawa, And Yobe were not safe...bomb was killing people here and there!!

They take over local governments and take full control... Displacing and bombing people in large number... There's no week we don't hear of Bokoharam attack in the north.

Even Borno the headquarter of Bokoharam is now almost free if not some villages which are soft targets

Today Bokoharam only have the capacity to attack Borno villages that are close the forest.

We northerners know that things are now better compare how it was before.

The only problem I have the with this government is their poor stragies in the fight against bandit in kastina, Zamfara and southern kaduna.

We only want BUHARI's government to do more!

Bandits in zamfara and kastina should be given same attention that was given to Bokoharam stop underestimating them...

We need more action and change of outdated strategies!

aboki you fall my hands.......are we secure now?

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jorge91:
The service chiefs days are numbered, it won’t take long before they all get sacked. Few more killings because we know the boko boys and bandits are not done yet.

By who? Buhari is in his second term, he is not running for election again, so he doesnt care what you think , he doesnt have to account for or to anybody again.
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by EmekaBlue(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Impeach that man u call president

Other countries that chief should be changed by now with all d killings
Re: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate by subzero212(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Are you saying abayomi olonishakin can sack buratai without buhari authorization?

They are not performing and you putting someone under another carpet
DEROXMAN:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Adeleke Cleared Hospital Bill Of Osun Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplet(pics) / Abia LP Supporters Carry Coffin, Say PDP Died On 18 March, Buried On 22nd March / Obasanjo Meets Adebanjo, Dosumu, Other Yoruba Leaders Over 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.