Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,928 members, 7,952,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Should A Woman’s Place Be Second? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Should A Woman’s Place Be Second? (188 Views)

Prof Alele Williams' Death: A Woman Of Integrity & A Trailblazer - Ogiemwonyi / Kenyan Secondary Student Dies During Fight Over A Woman / Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should A Woman’s Place Be Second? by Theladysroom: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
My childhood conditioned me to fear. My aunties, who raised me by proxy, were always quick to send me off to my room or to the kitchen, especially on nights when my uncles were around drinking beer with Eba and talking about politics. It was important to them that I did not grow up and ‘wa l’anya,’ which is a loose Igbo translation for ‘shine eye.’ It was also important to them that I did not end up like my father’s youngest sister whose voice sounded as thick and as sure as a man’s. On Sunday evenings, my father’s youngest sister would sit down holding her glass of beer and centre herself in the conversation, out laughing the potbellied men and often contradicting them—much to my father’s obvious irritation.

We must speak, even though speaking sometimes is a risk. Standing for what you want will mean that sometimes, people will reduce you to hormones and anger. “She is sensitive” they may say, but please, be sensitive and speak. Speak up. Speak loud. Speak truth to power. Speak against anything that interferes with your voice.
https://theladysroom.ng/why-should-a-womans-place-in-the-room-be-second/

Re: Why Should A Woman’s Place Be Second? by leokid866: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
A womans place is wherever she chooses it to be....up....down.....left.....right or center.....wherever you decide to stand....stand and rep it properly......in this day and age only small minded men still try to corner women into a box.

(1) (Reply)

Get Quality Editor And Proofreader For Your Work. / Nigerian Senate Move To Make Education Free To Senior Secondary Schools / Why You Cannot Protect a business Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.