Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

The Business Of Snail Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Business Of Snail Farming (472 Views)

Easiest Way To Kill 80pcs Of Snail / Different Types Of Snail Species / Price Of Snail(aa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Business Of Snail Farming by metinben(m): 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
� Snail farming is known as the rearing of snail for personal or commercial uses. Snail farming is a big business that has remained untapped as little is known about this business. I started a snail farm during this lockdown and I would be sharing my experience and knowledge so far.
Starting a snail farm is quite cheap,the materials required can be gotten from within you if you wish to start small, but if you intend to start big you must part with some amount.

Materials
1. Water drum, bucket, or a bare soil(loamy soil)
2. Fill your water drum or bucket with enough soil
3. Perforate the drum or bucket for air to enter, but not big enough for the snail to crawl away
4.Make sure your soil is always wet, because the look a wet surronding.
5. Keep away from sun rays as this could cause dehydration, infertility or death.

Feeds
1. Fruits( apple, paw-paw, water melon)
2. Green leaf ( cocoyam, paw-paw, plaintain leaf)
3. Spicy food
4. Feeds

Things to avoid
1. Sun rays
2. Pest( lizard, snake, rat)
3. Dry soil

Breed
1. Achatina fulica
2. Achatina achatina (recommended)
3. Archachatina marginata

Profit.
1. Snail meat: household, hotel's, restaurant, bars
2. Slime: used in making beauty products (facial cream)
3. Shell( when grinded and mixed gives household washing agent, feed )
4. As pet.

NOTE: maturity of snail is between 7 - 9 months, when it lays it lays much. Be patient, bacause it must pay.

Invest today Reap tommorow
Re: The Business Of Snail Farming by peacealways: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
metinben:
� Snail farming is known as the rearing of snail for personal or commercial uses. Snail farming is a big business that has remained untapped as little is known about this business. I started a snail farm during this lockdown and I would be sharing my experience and knowledge so far.
Starting a snail farm is quite cheap,the materials required can be gotten from within you if you wish to start small, but if you intend to start big you must part with some amount.

Materials
1. Water drum, bucket, or a bare soil(loamy soil)
2. Fill your water drum or bucket with enough soil
3. Perforate the drum or bucket for air to enter, but not big enough for the snail to crawl away
4.Make sure your soil is always wet, because the look a wet surronding.
5. Keep away from sun rays as this could cause dehydration, infertility or death.

Feeds
1. Fruits( apple, paw-paw, water melon)
2. Green leaf ( cocoyam, paw-paw, plaintain leaf)
3. Spicy food
4. Feeds

Things to avoid
1. Sun rays
2. Pest( lizard, snake, rat)
3. Dry soil

Breed
1. Achatina fulica
2. Achatina achatina (recommended)
3. Archachatina marginata

Profit.
1. Snail meat: household, hotel's, restaurant, bars
2. Slime: used in making beauty products (facial cream)
3. Shell( when grinded and mixed gives household washing agent, feed )
4. As pet.

NOTE: maturity of snail is between 7 - 9 months, when it lays it lays much. Be patient, bacause it must pay.

Invest today Reap tommorow

informative.
Re: The Business Of Snail Farming by kafibiz(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
Thank You Op, i will follow the thread
Re: The Business Of Snail Farming by Adek65: 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
Can you show us some pictures to have more clue
Re: The Business Of Snail Farming by metinben(m): 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
@Adek65, this is the environment where I do keep my snails, but I allow them move around, because of the green leaves within their cage.

(1) (Reply)

Deluxe Imported Battery Cage For Poultry Birds/09041362451/96birds Capacity. / Current Prices Of Rice In Nigeria Per Bag (24th December 2020). / White Cat Fish For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.