Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 (393 Views)

Davido Shock Wizkid, Burna Boy With New $81 Million Private Jet, 30BG Neck Chain / Jeff Bezoz Gives Wife A Share Of Amazon To Settle Divorce / Update On Amazon Boss Billionaire Jeff Bezos Divorce Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by Casper21: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2020
Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world, even though he makes $81,840 a year, CNN reports.

He’s made that salary for the last 10 years, according to CNN.
Bezos has never taken a stock award, either, since he owns 16 percent of Amazon, which is worth $100 billion on its own.

Yes, but: Amazon has paid millions of dollars per year to protect Bezos. For example, Bezos received $1.6 million last year for security-related services and business travel.

According to Amazon, the security costs are "especially reasonable in light of his low salary and the fact that he has never received any stock-based compensation."

Every Vacation, business trip, expenses are been funded by Amazon. They make sure that their CEO is comfortable by all means, even though his annual pay is low for a billionaire that rakes in Billions Evey year.

His salary is volatile because he would be mad to remove money from the company permanently. Amazon offers no dividends, so your returns on stock are reliant solely on its fast growth. I would say his 16% stake in Amazon accounts for millions and millions in dividends a year.

Bezos still makes a lot of money. In fact, his net worth sits at about $185.6 billion. According to Quartz, he makes the annual salary of a $15-an-hour Amazon employee every 11.5 seconds.

Amazon started offering employees a $15 minimum wage last year. Bezos has now challenged other companies to offer a competitive wage, according to The Verge.
“Today I challenge our top retail competitors (you know who you are!) to match our employee benefits and our $15 minimum wage,” Bezos wrote in a letter to shareholders. “Do it! Better yet, go to $16 and throw the gauntlet back at us. It’s a kind of competition that will benefit everyone.”

Re: Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by Xclusiveme: 11:28am On Jul 22, 2020
Mark zuckerberg aswell collects $1 annually. Seriously these guys are really helping the world. An African rich man can't do that
Re: Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by Michealky: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2020
I heard about it last year. Before Jeff Bezoz can take money from the company, the board of directors must approve. Lol. That just reminds me of Empire movie. Nawa o, My company my sweat and I still have to ask to collect what is Mine? That's business for u
Re: Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by Casper21: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2020
Michealky:
I heard about it last year. Before Jeff Bezoz can take money from the company, the board of directors must approve. Lol. That just reminds me of Empire movie. Nawa o, My company my sweat and I still have to ask to collect what is Mine? That's business for u

Lalasticlala seun
Re: Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by tutudesz: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
Xclusiveme:
Mark zuckerberg aswell collects $1 annually. Seriously these guys are really helping the world. An African rich man can't do that
It's to avoid paying double tax to government (personal and Taxes on his Facebook shares). This guys are outsmarting the government with their annual take home to enjoy low interest rate on car loan, home loan, etc. All tech billionaires are into this scam.
Your personal income tax of $1 annually will reduce your tax very well

1 Like

Re: Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by SonofLincoln: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Xclusiveme:
it's for tax purposes. Most CEO of Fortune 500 Companies do that.
Re: Why Billionaire Jeff Bezoz Annual Pay Is $81,000 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
I'll have my own cool

(1) (Reply)

Police Is My Friend Naira Marley Brags As Court Dismisses His Violation Case / Apple CEO, Tim Cook Becomes A Billionaire / ‘I Have Mental Issues, I Can’t Always Control What My Brain Does’ – Lady Gaga Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.