Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates (13691 Views)

Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / Edo 2020: PDP Aspirants, Stalwarts Resist Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2020
The gubernatorial battle among aspirants in the opposition is getting tougher as the governorship primary approaches.

The PDP primary election in the state which is slated to take place on Wednesday, July 22, at the Dome Centre, Akure, to be chaired by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu, will be for Agboola and seven other politicians.

The PDP primary aspirants are:

1. Deputy governor Agboola Ajayi
Ajayi has served in various capacities in the Social Democratic Party (SDP), the All Progressives Congress (APC) and presently the PDP. He was the chairman of Ese-Odo local government area before being elected into the House of Representatives to represent Ilaje/Ese-Odo federal constituency.

The deputy governor was also the chairman of the House committee on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) between 2007 and 2010.

2. Eyitayo Jegede
Having emerged the winner of the PDP primary in 2016, Jegede is one of the very popular aspirants in the party vying for the position.

The aspirant is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) from Ipele town, Ondo and was appointed in 2009 as the attorney-general and commissioner for justice in the state.

3. Boluwaji Kunlere
Kunlere hails from Igbotako in Okitipupa local government area of Ondo and is a lawyer and a former senator representing Ondo South, Kunlere.

Although Kunlere contested Senate seat for Ondo South in 2007 under the Labour Party, he lost.

He was also a special adviser to a former governor, Olusegun Mimiko, on political affairs and legal matters and was later elected as a senator in 2011 on the platform of the Labour Party.

Fact check: How true is the claim that Ogun guber election should be declared inconclusive?
4. Ben Okunomo
An indigene of Ilaje, Okunomo later emerged the chairman of the same local government area and was also the former spokesman of the PDP in Ondo.

5. Eddy Olafeso
What is in the public domain about the political profile of Olafeso is quite brief. He served as a staunch member of the PDP.

Olafeso was the vice national chairman (south-west) in the PDP elective convention of 2017.

6. Sola Ebiseeni
Ebiseni is a human rights activist, lawyer, politician who represented Ondo at the World Conference of Local Authorities in Oslo Norway, 1991.

7. Bode Ayorinde
Ayorinde was a member of the 8th House of Representatives, representing Owo/Ose constituency.

8. Godday Erewa is an industrialist from Ilaje.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that aspirants vying for the PDP ticket had accused Ajayi of doctoring delegates' list to be used for the party's primary election.

The deputy governor is facing tough hurdles to secure the PDP ticket after pulling out of the APC in what climaxed the feud between him and his estranged principal, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by ThiagoKid(m): 11:25am On Jul 22, 2020
undecided
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by ghettokid1(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2020
Like For Ajayi
Share 4 Others

16 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by Loadbalancer(m): 11:40am On Jul 22, 2020
What time is the primaries kick starting? I hope Jegede emerges victorious though. He's a peoples man

This week's website giveaway! I'll build a simple responsive custom website at 15k for first 2 people only. Click my name.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by deboysben(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2020
Pdp power

In eyitayo we stand.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by greall12(m): 11:49am On Jul 22, 2020
Space for sale serious buyer only.
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by atobs4real(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2020
WE ARE WAITING TO SEE THE OUTCOME.

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by BuhariNaWah: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2020
Watch out for a surge in Covid-19 cases for Ondo.
NCDC and their fictitious figures
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by ghettokid1(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
I catch you
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by EyezofGod120: 11:53am On Jul 22, 2020
Ondo no b Lagos
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2020
Delegates list

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by BuhariNaWah: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:

I catch you
Lol.
But Buhari na wah after all grin
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:54am On Jul 22, 2020
Contd

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by ghettokid1(m): 11:56am On Jul 22, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
Lol. But Buhari na wah after all grin
Yes oo, He is the incompetent Heavyweight champion

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by PapaBaby: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2020
I don't know who to support between former deputy gov Agboola Ajayi and Eyitayo Jegede.
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by OmoOshodi(m): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2020
EYITAYO IS A GOOOOOOOOOAAL!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by mamotalk: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2020
power to the people
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2020
PDP has managed to survive all that the APC has thrown at it. Giving us a balanced political atmosphere with opposition figures rather than a one party state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by muykem: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2020
It seems to me that PDP doesn't have human material with necessary capacity in many states. In Edo state a governor of APC decamped to the party in less than 72hours he got the party governor ticket to himself and deputy governor ticket to his fellow decampee. Now come to Ondo state, the deputy governor that decamped in less than two weeks ago is a major contender. Am I right to conclude that most of PDP faithful are just looking for something for their stomach.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by PapaBaby: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
OmoOshodi:
EYITAYO IS A GOOOOOOOOOAAL!!

Agboola Ajayi has given too much and many of the state's legislators are behind.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by chrisxxx(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
The only true democratic party in nigeria
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by engineerboat(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
Delegates Accreditation ongoing
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by urbanop: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
I still prefer this democratic party
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by Ehinjuola: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
All these our polithiefcians are birds of a feather.
No deference, they are all equal regardless their party's.
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by deboysben(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
I see problem for pdp should any of these 2 agboola or eyitayo wins.
Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by garfield1: 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
muykem:
It seems to me that PDP doesn't have human material with necessary capacity in many states. In Edo state a governor of APC decamped to the party in less than 72hours he got the party governor ticket to himself and deputy governor ticket to his fellow decampee. Now come to Ondo state, the deputy governor that decamped in less than two weeks ago is a major contender. Am I right to conclude that most of PDP faithful are just looking for something for their stomach.

You are very correct

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates by engineerboat(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
muykem:

Election is a game of calculation.

Remember Obaseki would have move to another Party.

Meaning PDP and APC votes divided into another party.

As for Agboola Ajayi coming to PDP, there are other 7 aspirants on that list, last election Jegede was toe to toe with Akeredolu if not for

Jimoh Ibrahim (APC) tactics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malami: Over ₦527 Billion Ibori Loot Still Being Expected / Why Hon Chukwuma Umeoji Is The Right Man To Succeed Governor Obiano / South-East Governors Condemn Assasination Of Ahmed Gulak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.