Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? (279 Views)

Outrage Over IGP’s Failure To Stop Looting, Cops Shun Adamu’s Order / Palliatives Looting In Gwagwalada, Abuja, Soldiers, Police Watch (Videos) / EndSARS: Donald Duke On Looting In Calabar, 'When Human Being Steals Toilet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
A Facebook user, Tunde Oluomo shared this picture with these texts:

We can’t continue this way!

Lend your voice!

Billions allocated for Roads - No Roads!
Billions allocated for Schools - No Schools!
Billions allocated for Healthcare - No Healthcare!
Billions allocated for Security - No Security!
Billions allocated for Electricity - No Power!
Billions allocated for Water - No Water!
Billions allocated for Agriculture - No Food!
Billions allocated for Research - Zero Output!

Save Nigeria from the hands of Nigerians for Nigerians!

The generation unborn are already in debt as a result of mismanagement of our collective wealth.

Where you don’t speak, you have given your approval and consent for this menace to continue.

For my generation, it’s no longer about us but those behind and unborn.

Capital Punishment is the answer to this!

#CapitalPunishment
#StopCorruption
#nigeriansvsnigeria
#KillCorruption
#capitalpunishmentforlooters
#lendyourvoice
#savenigeriafromnigerians
#EnoughIsEnough

Corruption in Nigeria is so ... I can't even find the right words to describe it. I know and you know that it's not possible for our leaders to make corruption a capital offence. The reasons are obvious. But let's assume they do, will it stop corruption? Your thoughts are needed.

Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by ghettokid1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
They dont mean it!
Seeking capital punishment for Looters by posting from his bed & protesting in his room?

Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
They dont mean it!
Seeking capital punishment for Looters by posting from his bed & protesting in his room?

U are always quick to attack fellow citizens
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by ghettokid1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

U are always quick to attack fellow citizens
Did I attack anyone? I don attack u b4?
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by Amb1045(m): 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
that will be a welcomed development
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by thesicilian: 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
Punishment hardly works in crime prevention for a myriad of reasons.
In my opinion, the best way to stop looting is to prevent access to the funds in the first place.
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
thesicilian:
Punishment hardly works in crime prevention for a myriad of reasons.
In my opinion, the best way to stop looting is to prevent access to the funds in the first place.
That'll be a welcome development. I have looked at the possibility of implementing a system that automates the NDDC operation, but it's not possible.
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Capital punishment can't and won't work, the issue is not the punishment but getting a conviction. How many looters have been convicted?
SC freed Kalu and Bode George. FHC placed perpetual injunction restraining efcc efcc from probing Odilli.
So they don't even get to conviction stage not to talk of sentence.
Also, automation system won't work for we still need human interface to implement a successful automation system.
We need to change our value system as a society (lower, middle and higher class), then remove impunity starting from the top.
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
Execute one rat and watch how fast the others behave.
Re: Will Capital Punishment Stop Looting In Nigeria? by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
In China and N.Korea, the punishment for corruption is death.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Begins Campaign, Promises To Make Edo Nigeria’s Economic Hub / Senator Kamala Harris Seen As Biden VP Favorite / Afenifere Leader, Ayo Fasanmi, Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.