Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives (40095 Views)

Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters / Victoria, Wife Of Lance Corporal Martins Arrested For Granting Media Interview / Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Chuksmonika(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
chatinent:
The army will defy orders. It's a regular doing. In lieu, they will place him under 'fatigue' serving the job he bought for himself.
atleast you can see how lawless the country is, and why a wise man I know calls it a zoo, everyone is above the law, in a sane country where reasonable human beings reside, they always obey court orders
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by segebase(m): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
Boooohari and buratai dem b bastard
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by ijayaone: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
brutai eyan bartomeu
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by ijayaone: 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
wetin d guy do ?
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by gungab(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
That's good
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by AMI3(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
So sad
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by 2Odds101(f): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
Court orders Army grin grin grin grin

The story of the bush meat catching the hunter.
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by JordanMichael(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
Burutai is really brutal

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by ijayaone: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2020
what are they waiting for ,they should go and kill d stupid leaders at aso rock. na make dem plan coup and kill dose bastard
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by 2Odds101(f): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reference:

Its not a matter of defiance. They courts have no jurisdiction. Its a military to military thing.

Thank you....you are a wise person....

Court orders the military for military to military matter..Not a case of civil to military ...very funny.
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Fedrick100: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dm if you get iPhone 7 u wan sale
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by frozen70(f): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
gambia:
They wont listen to such order.

They will, no one disobeys court order
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by mechanics(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
The NA should have known better, why should they deny their own his fundamental human right, that's not professional of them.
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by ProfAmaben(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reference:

[s]Its not a matter of defiance. They courts have no jurisdiction. Its a military to military thing.[/s]

The military didn't deny what the young man said but detain him illegally. If they are not scared, why can't they release him to meet with his lawyer?

Don't defend the army, this man is fighting for all of us. Let's not keep being cowards cos 100 years from now, no one would know we once walked the face of the Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by youngestgrad(m): 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
I guess they will try to find a way to kill him, Lance Corporal Martin must not die in jail.
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by dalass(f): 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reference:

Its not a matter of defiance. They courts have no jurisdiction. Its a military to military thing.

The video was posted ri the masses. It should be our collective fight now... The society needs to wake up and use our power to change this evil 'change' government!

When the uproar is loud enough, the government will have no choice than to remove the idiots in charge of security... When the President claimed bandits are not Nigerians but Buratai says Nigerians are the ones... Inept govt in every way!

## Release Corporal Martins!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by dalass(f): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
youngestgrad:
I guess they will try to find a way to kill him, Lance Corporal Martin must not die in jail.

Yes oh cool
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by dalass(f): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
frozen70:

They will, no one disobeys court order

This lawless government and its officials They are above the law of this country! grin
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by WelcomeToBiafra: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Burutai is always doing opposite of his Job

He is always fast in arresting those that criticize him than arresting killer Boko boys.
Burutai will rather release captured Boko Haram in army detention than releasing Lance Corporal Emma who told him to live up to his duty.

Only God knows if he will obey d court order. By d way has DSS paid d #100000 court asked them to pay Sowore?

Burutai is more interested in buying houses in Dubai nd taking care of his snake farm Keffi, Nasarawa State than doing military job

The whole world knows that Burutai is one of the fulani terrorist commanders. Terrorist Burutai and his terrorist government will be dealt with at the right time.

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Mars16(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
GOFRONT:
NDDC's corrupt practices is a Childs play compared to the Corruption going down in the Nigerian Army......

Argue with ya Eba turning stick...

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Kingdemi212019: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
Are you sure this man is still alive ?
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Accountantikye(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
GOFRONT:
NDDC's corrupt practices is a Childs play compared to the Corruption going down in the Nigerian Army......

Argue with ya Eba turning stick...

just spoke the mind of many
any ways if u know u know

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Jostoman: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
TransflectTP:
Ok
let them continue, ICC is waiting for them.
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Reference(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
ProfAmaben:

The military didn't deny what the young man said but detain him illegally. If they are not scared, why can't they release him to meet with his lawyer?

Don't defend the army, this man is fighting for all of us. Let's not keep being cowards cos 100 years from now, no one would know we once walked the face of the Earth.

You come across as someone sensible, now turn it on. Nowhere in the world will a military matter come up before civilian courts. The man in question is a military personel, the offence he comitted is against military law and tradition. He offended the military and he is detained in a military facility. Where is your sentiment coming from.

Instead of ranting here hit the streets and summon your Legislators and perhaps through the Armed Services Committee they can wade into the specific matter of his prolonged detention and perhaps the wider issue of internal security the young man was agitated about.

Apart from that I'm afraid you have very little say about the way the military disciplines its rank and file. He committed a very serious offence no matter how brave or revolutionary he is. And the military will want to send a strong message that it will not tolerate this kind of thing. That is the reality.

No one likes the way the war on terror is going and the blame rightly goes to the top but no one should for a minute think that if the military implodes anyone will be safer. In our fundamentalism we must recognise where the personalities end and the institution starts. They are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by ProfAmaben(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reference:

You come across as someone sensible, now turn it on. Nowhere in the world will a military matter come up before civilian courts. The man in question is a military personel, the offence he comitted is against military law and tradition. He offended the military and he is detained in a military facility. Where is your sentiment coming from.

Instead of ranting here hit the streets and summon your Legislators and perhaps through the Armed Services Committee they can wade into the specific matter of his prolonged detention and perhaps the wider issue of internal security the young man was agitated about.

Apart from that I'm afraid you have very little say about the way the military disciplines its rank and file. He committed a very serious offence no matter how brave or revolutionary he is. And the military will want to send a strong message that it will not tolerate this kind of thing. That is the reality.

No one likes the way the war on terror is going and the blame rightly goes to the top but no one should for a minute think that if the military implodes anyone will be safer. In our fundamentalism we must recognise where the personalities end and the institution starts. They are not the same.

I totally agree with you. Military should try military, this case is very different if you ask me. This is not a case of insubordination or mutiny but defending the Nigerian people by opening our eyes to the ills in the entire army structure.

He would have resigned before airing the video, but, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I wish the brave man well.
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Reference(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
dalass:

The video was posted ri the masses. It should be our collective fight now... The society needs to wake up and use our power to change this evil 'change' government!

When the uproar is loud enough, the government will have no choice than to remove the idiots in charge of security... When the President claimed bandits are not Nigerians but Buratai says Nigerians are the ones... Inept govt in every way!

## Release Corporal Martins!!!

This is a better approach and one that should have been adopted all these years. It is the citizens that force change through their advocacy for better governance. If it had that young man will not have needed to end his career this way.

That he had to make such a sacrifice shows not only the failings of leadership but the failure of citizens to unite around common values of good governance.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Amanda4life: 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
See where they get power
Mchew
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Jaqenhghar: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Nothing should happen to this guy, else the Nigerian Army will justify him!

Buratai is the worst thing to happen to the Nigerian Army!!!
Dont blame Buratai. Blame his zombie colleagues who are more concerned about their 60k allowance and will rather prop the fool Buratai than stand for what is right

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
I knw d execuse the Army would give and I mean burutai himself 4 d continuous detention and violation of his fundamental basic human rights to free speech and movement and his rights to a lawyer, bail and his family is that this is a military situation and would be handled militarily ! May I remind the Nigerian army that a similar encounter occurred in d US in the USS Roosevelt Aircraft carrier or destroyer where d captain made a staggering report of the no of US naval officers on board his ship that tested positive for Covid 19 and were spreading rapidly and was disgusted that the president hasn't reacted to his earlier pleas which he now made it a open knowledge that the USS carrier was infested with the virus which to some extent put the ship in a vulnerable position, the US military simply discharged the commander and possibly deployed him as a deterrent, he wasn't detained as a criminal when all he said was voicing his displeasure with the way the boko haram fight was going, I think it's high time u people release this man and I swear this isnt d way to go if u want t boost d morale of d front line soldiers, u can't be fighting ur own men, is like imploding d army formation, I think with the continuous detention the man should resign from d military so he can be trailed as a civilian and let me see the charges they would place against him and lemme see d court of law that would sentence him on a flimsy execuse of saying what the military's shortcomings are, I think the lawmakers should immediately issue a subpoena to the chief of army staff and lance martins to appear b4 d house judiciary committe immediately for a public hearing of the charges against him and y d continuous detention is unlawful, illegal and unconstitutional! The military knows if he resigns and is charged as a civilian, they won't av a case against him!

The funny thing is that no Nigerian has talked about this man that has opened up on d lack of military hardware they av and how its costing them their lives but all is focused on BBNaija, so don't ever start a protest or revolution that would benefit Nigerians cos dont ever trust them to stand by u even if u die they dont care, dont fight 4 nigerians, they are not worth dying for, ive tried to lead a protest b4 but when i look at d devils that im throwing my life on d line 4 they arent worth anything, so im off to chilling and watching pondei fake a seizure to escape being accountable and laughing and eating d national cake, until nigerians are starved and killed cos i see they are not starved enough thats y nigeria hasnt blown up like hong kong protest.

The reason why Nigerians are docile, inactive, MIA is that they aren't starved enough to the extent that would spur their barbaric and wild human nature to institute the changes that would make their children's generations better than theirs, until then don't expect any changes, the changes to come would be done by a drastic, savage and decisive decision cos I believe Nigerians are hard people that would always need the hard handedness to really wake up and smell the coffee! Until then even in d next 40yrs Nigeria would still remain a 3rd world country ad the poorest and poverty capital of d world so much for a country that produces oil(OPEC), a Commonwealth nation, and the Giant of Africa! Tufiakwa, I spit on Nigerians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by elisho: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
my guy dnt be afraid u have many guy's out there like u we known all this
Re: Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives by bola4dprec(m): 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose With APC Members At The Burial Of His Uncle (Photos) / Obaseki/shaibu Rift: Deputy Gov To Get New Office Outside Govt House Next Week / Bomb Blast In Yobe Market, Many Confirmed Dead (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.