Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,186 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures (53131 Views)

Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway / Ebonyi International Airport Runway In Progress / Update On Ebonyi Airport Runway And Terminal Building: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
A dollar daily is not too small
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Chinobastardaw: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
These villagers again with this yeye airport nonsense... Anambra doesn't deserve an airport... It should first take care of its erosion
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Amotekun777: 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
Jungle go always be jungle... too much muddy sand go crash plane na. grin

Misplaced priorities!

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by kenyguy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Obiano is working

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by extol1(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
adadike:
Biko, obiano should first repair the damaged roads at Nibo and awka etiti/ adazi enu before deceiving us with another white elephant project. As for the wicked PG of Nibo town, don't worry, God will visit you soon just like he did pharoah. It is a promise.
let appreciate him for what he is doing but your front can cause accidents

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by AsomughaChuks05: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
We’re yet to tackle the thorny issue of the name to give it!

I suggest Chinua Achebe Int’l Airport, or Emeka Ojukwu Int’l Airport!
Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri is the most ideal name. He deserves the honour afterall many people had become pessimistic that an airport cannot be built in Anambra state.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by AmazingELixir: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

See runway...planes go derail for diswan oo

Nde Anambra una dey wetin I dey see..
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by winkmart: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
OK
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by FuckThaMod: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Only in your dreams grin, Yoruba women and men are flooding Awka to hustle grin
Them be hypocrites na grin

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
God pick up my call
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by hisgrace090: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
Chinobastardaw:
These villagers again with this yeye airport nonsense... Anambra doesn't deserve an airport... It should first take care of its erosion

Takes care of it numerouse bad roads, you hardly see a motorable road in Anambra today.
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by viciati(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
cjrane:

My brother, I had an African American friend who was a Major in the US army. Sometime in 2013, when i visited the US, i asked him why it was so hard to defeat Taliban with all the US army's advanced weapons. He told me a good army must have a good deal of 4 items. If they manage to rank at least 60%, then they are truly unbeatable. Ofcourse i asked him what the items were and he said:
1. ~ About 30% of their strength is attributed to bravery and tenacity of their troops
2. ~ About 20% of their strength is attributed to good leadership and good training of the troops
3. ~ About 20% of their strength is based on good experienced strategists
4. ~About 30% of their strength is based on adequate and advanced weaponry.

He said the Taliban had full marks for number 1,2 and 3. Thus, he predicted that the war will finally come to a stalemate and a negotiated settlement. Before Obama left office, he did exactly that and pulled US troops out of Afghanistan. So why did i recall this conversation and share it?

If you are a responsible freedom fighter that comports yourself properly like dalai lama, Nelson mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, etc, the world will begin to take you seriously. You will begin to be invited by key international news media to state your case against the government. You cannot get there if you talk and act like a tout rather than a leader! Part of the struggle for freedom is to build sympathy to your cause among other people who are neither Nigerian, African nor Biafran. Therefore, when Nnamdi Kanu calls black people inferior to the white man and all that nonsense he says on his broadcast not knowing top national security government agencies even in the USA are listening, he totally loses every credibility as a serious leader. Thereby damaging the cause of Biafra as a struggle by a bunch of unserious street touts. The worst part is that no matter how you try to advise him to focus on the message and not the distraction, he is too recalcitrant and arrogant to listen to anyone. Even if you are Jesus Christ! He childishly believes he knows everything in the world! It's truly a tragedy!

Nnamdi Kanu may be heart broken my friends who had been murdered by Nigerian troops. You already know that good leadership and proper training of your troops will be a deciding factor. Therefore, Nnamdi Kanu should train more leaders and make leadership of his organization something that must not come to an end once he is taken out. If he were not the selfish type and wants IPOB to outlast him, he would make sure more leaders are trained and empowered to do the right thing and take local decisions.

No doubt, IPOB has brave men, but without experienced strategists, the bravest men that rush towards a machine gun without a plan are the same as those who run away from it. The will all die in the confusion and chaos. Nnamdi Kanu is a very poor strategist despite being a very wise individual. Part of the attribute of a good strategist is to always have contingency plans often referred to as plan B or even Plan C. Your enemy can change strategy mid-way and without a plan B, you are already defeated. Nnamdi Kanu says a lot of things that he wants to achieve, but they are all mere rhetoric's. He has zero strategy and has no capacity to build proper alliances with other people that will help him achieve his objectives. The reason he is recognized in America is not due to anything he did. People went out to sell his case to important leaders when the Nigerian junta serially refused to obey multiple court orders ordering his release. If it were Nnamdi Kanu's method, he would waste more time on social media insulting Buhari and the judges, instead of organizing and visiting those government officials and leaders as was done for him.

I don't loath Nnamdi Kanu due to anything personal. I loath him for tactlessness and planlessness. His only strategy is that Chukwu okike abiama will rescue his people. Which is true, but you MUST have a plan and work hard to gain the confidence of important government officials worldwide. Instead of shying away from elections and giving silly excuses that he will be rigged out, Nnamdi Kanu could have used his massive grassroot support to make sure only true Biafrans were elected into offices in his homeland. In that way, nobody in the international community would be in doubt if most of his people support him or not. Infact, he would not need any referendum because the calibre of people elected because of his IPOB movement would clearly show his people support his cause.

I welcome the rapprochement with Ohaneze, Odua people, Middle belt and Niger Deltans. It's common sense for anyone who does not wish the mistakes of the past to be repeated to forge some type of common purpose with these people. You don't need Yorubas in Biafra, BUT mutual respect is paramount. If MNK finally stops insulting people on social media and focusses all his energy towards working behind the scene to achieve his goals, then truly Chukwu Okike Abiama is on the throne and has intervened!
God bless this writeup, well spoken.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Shellsploit: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
We’re yet to tackle the thorny issue of the name to give it!

I suggest Chinua Achebe Int’l Airport, or Emeka Ojukwu Int’l Airport!

U dey fear communal war grin
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Samysearch(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
cjrane:

As per Ironsi did what exactly for Igbos? or awarded/built a single culvert anywhere in Igboland?

Or you didn't read about how he was warned severally that Gowon was plotting a bloody coup, yet he surrounded himself with northern snakes and excluded Igbos from key command positions in his belief that northerners were naïve and could never plot a coup against him. The airport should remain "Anambra International airport" or be named after it's builder(Willie Obiano Intl, airport), the way "Imo airport, Owerri" was named after the man that built it ~Sam Mbakwe.

I hate that Ironsi died because i would have loved for him to be alive and see what his fo0lishness and overly placating the north has turned Igbos into second class citizens of Nigeria. All he could have avoided had he merely taken precautionary measures! It is the same Ironsi's recalcitrant behavior that i also see in Nnamdi Kanu that makes me loath him beyond words. They ALWAYS know it all and would NEVER listen to voices of caution. They would NEVER retrace their ways when they find they are wrong. Instead, would rather die and cause the death of others than accept when they make a mistake and quickly re-adjust.

Are u for real?
They same nigga that killed northern elite is the same person u felt was placating the north. This is how u share misinformation & some cherry picked slowpoke will think that is the truth. Go & study history & see what that man did to northerners.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Shellsploit: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Amotekun777:
Jungle go always be jungle... too much muddy sand go crash plane na. grin

Misplaced priorities!

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by majamajic(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Sunofgod:
How thick is the runway?

We don't want a repeat of the thin Enugu airport runway

We don't joke in Anambra

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by PureGoldh(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nice one

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by majamajic(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by afube: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
cjrane:

My brother, I had an African American friend who was a Major in the US army. Sometime in 2013, when i visited the US, i asked him why it was so hard to defeat Taliban with all the US army's advanced weapons. He told me a good army must have a good deal of 4 items. If they manage to rank at least 60%, then they are truly unbeatable. Ofcourse i asked him what the items were and he said:
1. ~ About 30% of their strength is attributed to bravery and tenacity of their troops
2. ~ About 20% of their strength is attributed to good leadership and good training of the troops
3. ~ About 20% of their strength is based on good experienced strategists
4. ~About 30% of their strength is based on adequate and advanced weaponry.

He said the Taliban had full marks for number 1,2 and 3. Thus, he predicted that the war will finally come to a stalemate and a negotiated settlement. Before Obama left office, he did exactly that and pulled US troops out of Afghanistan. So why did i recall this conversation and share it?

If you are a responsible freedom fighter that comports yourself properly like dalai lama, Nelson mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, etc, the world will begin to take you seriously. You will begin to be invited by key international news media to state your case against the government. You cannot get there if you talk and act like a tout rather than a leader! Part of the struggle for freedom is to build sympathy to your cause among other people who are neither Nigerian, African nor Biafran. Therefore, when Nnamdi Kanu calls black people inferior to the white man and all that nonsense he says on his broadcast not knowing top national security government agencies even in the USA are listening, he totally loses every credibility as a serious leader. Thereby damaging the cause of Biafra as a struggle by a bunch of unserious street touts. The worst part is that no matter how you try to advise him to focus on the message and not the distraction, he is too recalcitrant and arrogant to listen to anyone. Even if you are Jesus Christ! He childishly believes he knows everything in the world! It's truly a tragedy!

Nnamdi Kanu may be heart broken my friends who had been murdered by Nigerian troops. You already know that good leadership and proper training of your troops will be a deciding factor. Therefore, Nnamdi Kanu should train more leaders and make leadership of his organization something that must not come to an end once he is taken out. If he were not the selfish type and wants IPOB to outlast him, he would make sure more leaders are trained and empowered to do the right thing and take local decisions.

No doubt, IPOB has brave men, but without experienced strategists, the bravest men that rush towards a machine gun without a plan are the same as those who run away from it. The will all die in the confusion and chaos. Nnamdi Kanu is a very poor strategist despite being a very wise individual. Part of the attribute of a good strategist is to always have contingency plans often referred to as plan B or even Plan C. Your enemy can change strategy mid-way and without a plan B, you are already defeated. Nnamdi Kanu says a lot of things that he wants to achieve, but they are all mere rhetoric's. He has zero strategy and has no capacity to build proper alliances with other people that will help him achieve his objectives. The reason he is recognized in America is not due to anything he did. People went out to sell his case to important leaders when the Nigerian junta serially refused to obey multiple court orders ordering his release. If it were Nnamdi Kanu's method, he would waste more time on social media insulting Buhari and the judges, instead of organizing and visiting those government officials and leaders as was done for him.

I don't loath Nnamdi Kanu due to anything personal. I loath him for tactlessness and planlessness. His only strategy is that Chukwu okike abiama will rescue his people. Which is true, but you MUST have a plan and work hard to gain the confidence of important government officials worldwide. Instead of shying away from elections and giving silly excuses that he will be rigged out, Nnamdi Kanu could have used his massive grassroot support to make sure only true Biafrans were elected into offices in his homeland. In that way, nobody in the international community would be in doubt if most of his people support him or not. Infact, he would not need any referendum because the calibre of people elected because of his IPOB movement would clearly show his people support his cause.

I welcome the rapprochement with Ohaneze, Odua people, Middle belt and Niger Deltans. It's common sense for anyone who does not wish the mistakes of the past to be repeated to forge some type of common purpose with these people. You don't need Yorubas in Biafra, BUT mutual respect is paramount. If MNK finally stops insulting people on social media and focusses all his energy towards working behind the scene to achieve his goals, then truly Chukwu Okike Abiama is on the throne and has intervened!

I truly appreciate and respect your submission,it is food for thought for the discerning mind ! I do not agree 100% with all your points but as mere humans our understanding and intelligence is constrained and limited by time and events maybe with time i will come to agree with all you have written. I can assure you that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu one way or another will get to read your submission and also learn from it, it is a historical fact that every struggle changes the main actors that are involved in it,my prayer is that the Biafran struggle will change Ndigbo and Mazi Nnamdi kanu for the better........Odogwu crjane! I salute you.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by majamajic(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
hisgrace090:

Takes care of it numerouse bad roads, you hardly see a motorable road in Anambra today.

Dreamer !!
Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by hisgrace090: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
NSUKKAboy4KASON:

I am from Enugu state, truth be told Anambra has the best road networks at least in SE region.

I'm navigating through Anambra roads right now, they're good before obiano came in, but as of today they have damaged beyond mearsure do to long term neglect.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
post=92007512:

When will you guys call out Tinubu and Aregbesola for embezzled the billions borrowed for Osun Airport that has failed and turned to ruga for grazing forest for herdsmen, if the project was eastern state you guys will be creating thread every day, Osun is home state of Tinubu

Cc. OPPPS, LegendHero and Simplyleo
My state embarassed...the used the airport to hammer, They knew they were not going to complete it. Aregbesola is a joker, he was owing workers , but had money squander on an airport he knew was never going to complete.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by hisgrace090: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
NSUKKAboy4KASON:

If you like navigating River Niger, the truth is that Anambra has the best road networks in SE region. If you want to see bad roads go to Abia, Imo or Enugu

You paid singers are the reason many governors chose to do nothing because you guys will in turn praise them on line to deceive others with little stipend.

It'll never be well with fall praise singers deceiving Nigerians.

Anambra is in dire need of motorable roads today.

Re: Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures by Stone03: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
afube:

I have always admired your contribution which I consider mature and positive,I sincerely implore you to let Mazi Nnamdi Kanu be,he is entitled to his opinion.Time and history will ultimately judge his approach but I do know that his rascally approach has actually established a beach head for our politicians to exploit.

May you live long Sir. It's quite appalling and unintelligent how some people are enjoying the direct outcome of MNK's rascality and yet keep insulting him. Could our leaders have sat up about this project if they didn't sense a dangerous threat coming from MNK's expositions of their infidelity towards their people. I still give credit to his selfless sacrifices for the liberation of our Igbo nation

Nigerian Man Buys A Horse Because Of Lingering Fuel Scarcity (pics/video) / FG Slashes Visa Fees For US Citizens / Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61