Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,378 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole (1580 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Obaseki, Oshiomhole Meet At Sam Igbe's 90th Birthday (Photos) / Obaseki, Oshiomhole Reconciled By Dangote, Fayemi, Peace Returns To Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Freeman213: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
FORMER National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC Comrade Adams Oshiomhole yesterday said the screening committee of the APC that disqualified Governor Godwin Obaseki from contesting the election on the party relied on the documents supplied by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP when they took him to court in 2016.

Addressing a crowd of supporters who welcomed him to Benin City following him all the way from Aduwawa to his house in GRA, Oshiomhole said the suit instituted by the PDP was struck out because the party filed out of time.

Oshiomhole said the party has learnt from the mistake in Bayelsa state and decided to stick to the rules.

He said “PDP took Obaseki to court that he forged certificate. Now, you remember one governor that said there are tax collectors, when something moved, they collected the taxes and the certificates became okay. But let me tell you they know that the man who has forged documents even if you vote for him, you know what happened to us in Bayelsa; so I need to assure you that the decision of the screening committee to disqualify the sitting governor was based on the evidence provided by PDP which they found to be correct and you do not repeat the same mistake twice.

“The only task we have is to go to every ward, every unit, every local government, and every community and remind them of where we stopped and ask them since we left what new thing has been brought?

“If I fail GO (Godwin Obaseki) exam, by the grace of God on POI (Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu) I will score A1. It is not unusual to misread people but it will be unusual after misreading them, you continue on that dangerous part, we have a duty to correct it; I assure you there are no personal issues whatsoever.”

On his removal as chairman of the party he said “I hear some people say Oshiomhole has lost his seat as the National Chairman and I asked, is it my father’s job?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by timmycee: 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2020
watching...
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by kixo(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
Os ho baba

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Nbotee(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
So what evidence suddenly qualifies Ize Iyamo? Provide us with evidence dat he is no longer a thief and can b trusted with government money.. Those were ur words

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by donstan18: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
This man is a very strong political loyalist, but he's loyal to the wrong people.

The Northerners are politically smart, always ahead and ready to use any politician the way they used and dump Tinubu after giving him 2023 presidential hope.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Macphenson: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
Shameless man, so now all of a sudden you realised it's not your father's job.

All along you were acting like a demi god, you didn't realise that power is transient.

Obaseki just restore your brain to factory settings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by helinues: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Short trouble maker man
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Tsolutionifede(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
if he has been complying, you won't say this sir. You are a thief sir

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by adekolaelect(m): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nbotee:
So what evidence suddenly qualifies Ize Iyamo? Provide us with evidence dat he is no longer a thief and can b trusted with government money.. Those were ur words
same thing with PDP that took APC to court of law for obasekis certificate forgery .wise up all of them are the same thing .

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by tesppidd: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
2 months ago PDP were calling Obaseki useless and incompetent.

Today they are calling him the most performing governor in the universe.

grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by WATCHOVER(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Why is it now you now want to rely on you political enemy accusation.

Oshiomhole will run mad oo
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by johnykgoal: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
chai!
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by ajailer(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
matters arising in the future against Obaseki if he wins at the coming polls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Quelme: 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
PDP slayer!!!

Oshoquake ti take over!!!

The agenda is SIMPLE!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Leboska(m): 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
The pdp is not campaigning you know why? Because you oshothief have finished the campaign for them. all they have to do is play the tape.
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
Baba dey fine these days o
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Kindledlight(m): 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
We gonna see the verdict of the judiciary as it concerns inconsistencies on certificates as it rules in Bayelsa
Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Kindledlight(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
Leboska:
The pdp is not campaigning you know why? Because you oshothief have finished the campaign for them. all they have to do is play the tape.

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by MENZPRIDE(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
This Life no Balance...
Na Osho Baba wey "package" like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:29am On Jul 24, 2020
On his removal as chairman of the party he said “I hear some people say Oshiomhole has lost his seat as the National Chairman and I asked, is it my father’s job?
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink grin cheesy.

Osho Baba himself,
Him no dey ever carry last,
Patapata na draw!! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Maxymilliano(m): 3:15am On Jul 24, 2020
FLASHBACK: 12 things Oshiomhole said about Obaseki in 2016

Daily Trust compiles twelve remarks Oshiomhole made in support of Obaseki in 2016:

1. God knows that Godwin comes from a large family in Benin Kingdom, he went to school, he finished his secondary school, he went to University of Ibadan, he finished, there were no issues, he finished in flying colours.

2. He went to the U. S., he did his Masters, he came back home, started helping people to set up businesses, he helped to manage businesses, he helped to set up many banks including several second-generation banks.

3. I don’t care if Obaseki betrays me at the end of the day, Obaseki’s allegiance should be to the people and not me

4. The oath of office he is going to subscribe to says that he will defend the constitution of Nigeria, he will do everything to uplift the quality of life of Edo people.

Nothing in his oath of office will include ‘I shall not betray my predecessor’ because I have no interest to be betrayed.

5. Obaseki had been part of the tradition, he knows the vision, he knows the mission, he knows the target, he knows where we are, he knows the challenges, and he knows how to overcome them.

6. He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira.

7. I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise.

8. A man like Obaseki, who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts.

9. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money.

That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government.

10. I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that.

11. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He did not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me.

12. If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man (Ize-Iyamu) whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister.

Just so you know ...

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by Bighead9: 5:49am On Jul 24, 2020
Nice one. PDP and Igbo's will lead Obaseki to his defeat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: How PDP Provided The Evidence That Disqulified Obaseki – Oshiomhole by favor914: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nbotee:
Thief? It is Former Minister of Petroleum Denziani, & Ebele Jonathan that have to prove that the money handed over POI for delivery to Mr fix it pdp, Late Anenih wasn’t stolen from the Federal Government.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Print Your National Id Online / BREAKING: #endpolicebrutality Protest Sparks Off In Kaduna / Buhari In Bornu In Fight Against Bokoharam (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.