Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake (391 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Coronavirus: Research Reveals Where It Lingers, How To Kill It / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Manxt: 8:48am On Jul 24, 2020
The African house snake is probably the most common snake in Africa. They are found everywhere and can survive in any environment. The only criteria is that it must be in a human settlement. The African house snake loves to be around human settlement because of the tremendous benefits that comes with living around humans.

Chances are if you look at this snake, you probably most have seen it around and you also must have killed it, sadly. However killing this snake disrupts the ecological balance and can even affect humans in a negative way
Firstly, The African house snake is not venomous. It's a very shy and non venomous snake. Secondly, it feeds on mans greatest domestic enemies, RATS AND MICE. These snake have a ferocious appetite and loves to feed on rats. So you now see why you shouldn't kill them? They are not dangerous and they can actually help you. Most rural communities in Africa are even learning to keep these snakes as pets because of their use.cockraoches are scared of it too but it doesn't feed on it....

So next time you come across this snake, let it be and silently acknowledge the many times it may have saved you and your food stuff

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by DaddyRochie1642: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2020
I have no Mercy for Snakes grin grin
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Adrian9(m): 8:55am On Jul 24, 2020
House snake?
Boy i love ma good ol' bingo!
Snakes are snakes,if it lives with me,it might forget its humble diet and start seeking greater things!
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Manxt: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2020
grin
Adrian9:
House snake?
Boy i love ma good ol' bingo!
Snakes are snakes,if it lives with me,it might forget its humble diet and start seeking greater things!

grin lmao some how but it's scientifically proven
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
I have no Mercy for Snakes grin grin

As if you can even kill the smallest of them.

(1) (Reply)

Is Coconut A Fruit Or A Nut?? / Erectile Dysfunction And Premature Ejaculation Permanent Remedy. / Yellow Fever Herbal Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.