Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,325 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Read And Thank Me Later - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Read And Thank Me Later (667 Views)

How Nigerians Are Scamming Nigerians With Used Luxury Phones - Read And Learn / Man Pulls Off His Shirt To Fight Colleague. See What Happened Seconds Later. / Two Men Kneel Down To Thank God After Their Release From Prison In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read And Thank Me Later by donvoice(m): 9:12am On Jul 24, 2020
*I think the information in this write up might be useful*

Late last year, the control buttons of my washing started malfunctioning. I took it to LG service centre for repairs. Paid the non-refundable 3k for examination.

Analysis: Faulty front control panel.

Solution: Outright eplacement of control panel.

Bill: 20k

Me: ok, go ahead.

Few days after, they called for me to come and carry it...repaired.

Barely a month later, the problem reoccured. I called them again. They sent one of their technicians to check it up.

Technician: if you take it there again, thr company will charge you another money for replacement. They don't do repairs, but I can repair it for you.

Price: 10k

Me: Ok, let's see.

He opened it, removed the panel, and took it away for repairs. He brought it the following day, fixed it, and it worked.

I paid.

Just after one use, the fault reared its ugly head again. I called the technician. Technician started interviewing farmer as if he didn't know what he was saying.

Me: Obi, just talk say you don chop my money. If I report you to your office now, you'll say I do you bad. But e go be sha.

Technician hung up on me and never called back.

I kukuma abandoned the machine, and my wife had to buy a smaller one for temporary use.

We wash quite often, and there's just so much the small machine can do. The faulty one can wash, rinse and dry.

After the lockdown, I took it down to the service centre again.

The following day, they called.

LG: This is LG service centre, Fouani Nigeria Ltd. May I be on to Mr. Akhigbe?

Me: yeah, speaking.

LG: Okay sir, we've checked your washing machine, and it will cost you 48k to repair it.

Me: But the panel shouldn't cost more than 20k. You people repaired it before and it didn't work up to one month.

LG: Mr. Akhigbe, should we go ahead and fix it or we should leave it?

Me: Okay, fix it.

Two days later, they called that it was ready. It took me nearly two weeks to put the money together, and went to carry it. They brought it out tightly wrapped up in cellophane and didn't test it for me. I complained. They told me everything was okay.

I got home, plugged it and the machine didn't work. I called them, and they told me to bring it back.

They called me the following day that it would cost me 18k to rectify the fault.

Me: What are you talking about? You mean I will spend 56k in this coro era to repair a washing machine? Refund the money I paid, and I will come and carry it. I'd rather buy a new one.

LG: We don't do refund.

Me: Then, you must use the money I paid to repair it. I'm not paying one naira more.

LG: You must come and carry your machine unrepaired.

Me: You will hear from my lawyer.

LG: Ok

Everyday, they called me to come and carry the machine unrepaired. Every day, I told them they were not serious and should stop calling me

One day, I read Kemi post on Babatunde Irukera's revolution in FCCPC. I commented that I might just have to lodge a complaint with them instead of with a lawyer.

My lawyer already have a lot in his hands, it's not 18k wahala I will come and be involving him. Even if he agrees, can I take care of the logistics now? The answer is, no.

In my bid to get the address of the FCCPC on Google, I found out they had an app I could download and lodge a complaint.

I downloaded it and lodge the complaint with pictures of my receipts.

Yesterday, I received a notification from them, though I couldn't open it.

About an hour after, I got a call from LG service centre. They want to know if I reported them to a government agency. I asked what they expected me to do about their unscrupulousness.

Before I got back home, LG service centre called to say they've repaired my washing machine, and I should come and carry it.

Me: ���
Just like that?
Just an app?

I did not go to FCCPC office, I didn't write statement, I didn't pay mobilisation fee, I didn't fund transportation, I didn't meet anybody or call anyone...you know what I'm talking about.

Just an app, and matter resolved. I've gone to carry the washing machine today.

And unnlike before, a slay queen was dedicated to attend to me alone. They brought out the machine and tested it for me to confirm.

It's working now perfectly. I want to use this medium to thank Babatunde Irukera for the wonderful work he's doing in FCCPC.

With this, I'm convinced that this country can work if we have the right people in the right places.

These Lebanese, Indians and Asians take advantage of the lax in our system to perpetrate lawlessness. They know our laws don't work. They know that our law enforcement agencies only think of the money they can make when victims and the vulnerable run to them for help.

They know our youths love crime more than trade. So, they take advantage of the situation.

There's a dearth of technicians in Nigeria. Technical colleges have long gone extinct. Nobody

There's no single standard service centre operated by a Nigerian in the whole city of Abuja. Yet, these Lebanese come here and use the same Nigerians that can't successfully operate anyone.

1 Like

Re: Read And Thank Me Later by Crenzywilliams(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Cool. Thanks
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by falcon01: 9:23am On Jul 24, 2020
who else stopped reading half way because they are pissed off That the man with the machine machine is a Mumu?.
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by Laryne(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2020
falcon01:
who else stopped reading half way because they are pissed off That the man with the machine machine is a Mumu?.

He has money to waste.
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by kestolove95(m): 10:00am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigeria no go beta again
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by bigpicture001: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2020
I learnt alot from the story.. I saved it!

Thanks
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by Sunnyb10(m): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2020
This is quite interesting.. but what is FCCPC? i haven't heard about this before.
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by donvoice(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2020
Sunnyb10:
This is quite interesting.. but what is FCCPC? i haven't heard about this before.

It was from the story I read about them too and I have already installed the app
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by donvoice(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2020
falcon01:

You can't know the value till you read to the end
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by francisbarrack(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2020
kestolove95:
Nigeria no go beta again
sis stop this negative thinking ...
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by donvoice(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2020
francisbarrack:

Some people have written off our dear nation which ought not to be so
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by kestolove95(m): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
francisbarrack:

am telling u d fact
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
Very common in automobile workshops too, but some of their mecho workers are very loyal to me outside once the company try to extort me without rendering good service..

I just hope government won't hijack this active right organistion like AG, BBOG, etc?

-Bad learders are decayed slothful builders.~ Jesus Christ (book of proverbs)
Re: Read And Thank Me Later by daniddan1999: 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Church Member Shoots Dead Armed Robbers In Church / BREAKING: Akeredolu’s Aide Loses Cousin To Suspected Fulani Herdsmen / Boko Haram Trains Young Children Of Fighters In New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.