Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Lottery Operator Commits Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lottery Operator Commits Suicide (858 Views)

Osun Lotto Operator Commits Suicide Over Debts / Lagos Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pay Customers Winnings / Lottery Operator Commits Suicide Over Winnings (2) (3) (4)

Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by HappyNigerian: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Alottery shop operator, identified simply as Baba Pool, on Thursday committed suicide over his alleged failure to pay some of his customers their winnings. It was gathered that the deceased hanged himself inside his shop in Kayode Market, Abule Ijesha, in the Sabo area of Lagos State.

Report also learnt that the deceased, in a suicide note, blamed two people for his death.

He wrote, “For your information, Bourney and Osuma. Two of them kill me. A killer must surely die."

Report further learnt that, the deceased pasted the note at three strategic places in the market before he took his own life.

According to the Iyaloja of the market, Aderemi Thomas, the accused persons played lottery in the deceased’s shop, but after winning, they could not get their money.

She said, “I was called around 8am to come to the market because Baba Pool had committed suicide. I called the owner of the shop to join me in the market, but he said he was far away.

“When I got to the market, I was told what happened and not long after, the police came to interrogate us and we took them to the scene.

“I learnt that Bonny and Osuma came to play lottery in his shop, but he did not submit their tickets to the lottery office. So, when those people realised that they had won, they asked for their money. Instead of explaining to them that he did not submit their tickets, he committed suicide.”

The Babaloja of the market, Najimudeen Ajadi, said he was doing sanitation when someone notified him of the incident. Report, however, learnt that the matter was reported at the Sabo Police Station.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, who confirmed the incident, said the two accused persons had been arrested for questioning.

He said, “We received a report about a 70-year-old who committed suicide in the market. The man accused one 85-year-old man and another man. He left a note that those two people were responsible for his death; we want to look at the extent of their culpability. We have commenced investigation on the role they might have played and on why he accused them.”

https://www.inform.ng/post/lottery-operator-commits-suicide
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Terrible news everywhere..
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by Righteousness89(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Died for Nothing!

Wasted Life!

Died without being Desired!

Those of you who feel Death is the Means to An End or a sort of Escape Route whereby you can take the Life in you to Escape!

That is a Demonic lie from the Pit of Hell!

Death is not an End! It's the begin to an Endless!

You are not Permitted to take the life you can't give or Create! The Breath we Breathe is not ours! It is a Gift From our Creator!

Suicide is a Quick Way to Hell!

No Matter How Bad and Messed up your Life is, as long as there is Life, JESUS is Available to Clean you up and Fix you all over !

All you need do is to Renounce all the evil ways and Worldliness! Surrender to JESUS!

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by aycapri(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
Na wa oo
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by Babzrockman: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bad news here and there... God have mercy
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by SmartProf(m): 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sucide doesn't take away the pain. It rather transfers it to someone else. Say no to sucide, cos life will someday bring forth it's reward for everyone.
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by LaboPolitics: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
Dem give you money play pool, you chop the money thinking say dem go lose.
When result come out, dem say Oga give us our winnings, you go commit suicide.

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by Maxymilliano(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
“I learnt that Bonny and Osuma came to play lottery in his shop, but he did not submit their tickets to the lottery office. So, when those people realised that they had won, they asked for their money. Instead of explaining to them that he did not submit their tickets, he committed suicide."

See gobe ...

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by jospepper(m): 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
HappyNigerian:

“I learnt that Bonny and Osuma came to play lottery in his shop, but he did not submit their tickets to the lottery office. So, when those people realised that they had won, they asked for their money. Instead of explaining to them that he did not submit their tickets, he committed suicide.”

https://www.inform.ng/post/lottery-operator-commits-suicide
Chai! When devil wan soak garri for you. He thought they'd not win. It might have been his routine.

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by aycorporat(m): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
This is serious.
I read from there that the man is 7o years old (baba pool) and of the accused is 85 years!
This people still dey flex pool?

Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by SarkinYarki: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
He probably thought non of his clients could win the lottery and kept eating the ticket money instead of paying it in
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by Smile4me01(m): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
the man just want to put tension on people's minds because they won bet and police will just be tormenting those men in the name of investigation that they don't even know
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by Psalm126: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
Rip
Re: Lottery Operator Commits Suicide by playapayaski: 12:42am On Jul 25, 2020
Kikikikikik grin grin

Pakistani Court Rules That 14-year-old Girl Must Stay Married To Abductor / My Horrible Experience With Msport. / Benue Militia Leader: The Hidden Part Of Gana's Death.