Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan (354 Views)

80% Of Lekki Buildings Have No Approval, Says LASG / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION / PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by ladyteeks: 3:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

I need your advice.
I contacted an architect to design a plan for my project (4 bed duplex + 2 units two bedroom and BQ)

However, I was advised only to use the duplex design for approval plan. I consulted with the architect and he agreed that what was alot of people do and adviced to only include the duplex.

After job is almost complete, he contacted me saying I need to include the two bedroom in the approval plan otherwise the town planning agents will give me trouble during site visit.

What do you advice I do?
Do you think town planning will visit the site after building plan approval?

Thanks so much for your advice. Looking forward to hear your input
Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2020
ladyteeks:
Hello Nairalanders,

I need your advice.
I contacted an architect to design a plan for my project (4 bed duplex + 2 units two bedroom and BQ at ikorodu)

However, I was advised only to use the duplex design for approval plan. I consulted with the architect and he agreed that what was alot of people do and adviced to only include the duplex.

After job is 95% complete, he contacted me saying I need to include the two bedroom in the approval plan otherwise the town planning agents will give me trouble during site visit. He demanded for additional 150k...which I refused to pay.

This is absolutely ridiculous. He never mentioned anything until now after he has collected 95% of the original agreed payment. I am so upset because of his lack of transparency and not being straightforward.

What do you advice I do?
I refuse to pay additional 150k just for that.

No need to pay an extra 150k.
Just go ahead with the approval for the duplex.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by Adegunle4(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
I perceive greed at play.

I’d advise you don’t pay though.

ladyteeks:
Hello Nairalanders,

I need your advice.
I contacted an architect to design a plan for my project (4 bed duplex + 2 units two bedroom and BQ)

After job is almost complete, he contacted me saying I need to include the two bedroom in the approval plan otherwise the town planning agents will give me trouble during site visit.

What do you advice I do?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by amakaDD(f): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2020
ladyteeks:
Hello Nairalanders,

I need your advice.

What do you advice I do?

How did this go eventually, would love to know. Kindly share.
Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by ladyteeks: 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
I only included the Duplex in the plan and was approved. Never had any issues since then.

amakaDD:

How did this go eventually, would love to know. Kindly share.
Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by folmus: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
I only included the Duplex in the plan and was approved. Never had any issues since then.

Did you build the other two beds and BQ?
Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by ladyteeks: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yes that's already done

:
folmus:

Did you build the other two beds and BQ?

Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by folmus: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Yes that's already done

:

Wao! I love the idea o. Hope there was no any disturbance during the constructions.
Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by ladyteeks: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Not at all, besides Omonile wahala

folmus:

Wao! I love the idea o. Hope there was no any disturbance during the constructions.
Re: Help!!! Approval Vs. Construction Plan by folmus: 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Not at all, besides Omonile wahala

Wao!. Interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Curtains, Window Blinds And Shades / Affordable Interior Décor In Nigeria / Please Help Me Choose Between These Two Building Pattern?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.