Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! (424 Views)

Bet9ja Refused To Pay 15 Million Won With Bonus All Evidence Available / Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years / Dangote Welcomes His Friend Otedola To Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by cyrilamx(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2020
(CNN)Years ago, Thomas Cook and Joseph Feeney made a pact: if either of them ever won the lottery, they'd split the winnings. Then they shook on it.

Twenty eight years later, Cook kept his word.

The Elk Mound, Wisconsin, man won a whopping $22 million playing the Powerball.

And true to his word, he reached out to his old fishing buddy Feeney.

Tom, left, and Joe, right, pictured with their wives
Tom, left, and Joe, right, pictured with their wives
"Are you jerking my bobber?" an incredulous Feeney asked, according to a Wisconsin Lottery office release Thursday.

The two friends had been buying tickets every week and were stunned their luck finally came around.

After reality set in, Cook did what any hard-working American would do : he quit his job!

He's now enjoying the retired life alongside Feeney, a retired firefighter.

The pair chose the cash option of $16.7 million, which means they each took home about $5.7 million after taxes.

So, what big plans are these two friends hatching now? The answer is simple: Spend more time together.

The longtime friends and their wives took a road trip some time ago, and they plan to do it again.

But this time, instead of a Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible, they'll be rolling out in something more stylish.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/lottery-friends-jackpot-trnd/index.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 25, 2020
Good old friends. they will sure know how to spend their cash out.
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by hisgrace090: 6:56am On Jul 25, 2020
The white man with good heart!
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by chiommy123(f): 7:07am On Jul 25, 2020
That's a loyal friend not friends with benefit
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 25, 2020
Good friends are everything.
The world we live in, is designed to work better when you run it as a partnership.
That is why God said, it ain't good for the man to be a lone-ranger, let us make him a companion. Eve didn't only exist for fvck sake, she was meant to be a partner.
Wise men say, 'two or more good heads are better than one."
In life, we all need good friends to reach our goals. We all need friends who would complement us and add to us. That is why you should roll with people who could add value to you, at the same time you shouldn't look down on anyone.

In the game of life, you always need a team to play.
In the workshop of life, no one has all the tools, you need the tools from others to get things done.
Each person is a broken piece of the universe, you're more complete when your piece is joined with that of others.

There's no permanent king in the jungle of life. Everyone gat his own strength. Some slay on their books, some slay on their computers, some slay on their bank accounts, everyone slays in one thing or the other. That's why you need to stay humble to all the niggas next door, you keep learning and you keep getting as much advantage as you can for yourself, from others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by ObaKlaz: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2020
That's a real Bro.

Some Nigerian bro would just take all his pals to one beer and pepper soup joint, then it ends there. He'll change phone numbers immediately.

He'll divide all the cash on Instagram oloshos, buy the latest iPhones, drink loads of champagne, take needless trips, rent a posh condo, buy every designer brand you can think of and live loud on social media.

After barely a year, he'll be back to 'default settings'.
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by altcoin: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2020
Thats the real G
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by MJBOLT: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2020
friends with benefits is the best kind of friendship

chiommy123:
That's a loyal friend not friends with benefit
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by MJBOLT: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2020
this men have been friends for decades probably since childhood so it make sense that thomas split his fortune with joseph.if you are my friend,dont expect me to share my winnings with you,i will probably give you like 1 million naira and that's it.
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2020
ObaKlaz:
That's a real Bro.

Some Nigerian bro would just take all his pals to one beer and pepper soup joint, then it ends there. He'll change phone numbers immediately.

He'll divide all the cash on Instagram oloshos, buy the latest iPhones, drink loads of champagne, take needless trips, rent a posh condo, buy every designer brand you can think of and live loud on social media.

After barely a year, he'll be back to 'default settings'.
Lol you just said my mind
Nigerians will always be the same undecided
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by ObaKlaz: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2020
EvilWithin:
Lol you just said my mind Nigerians will always be the same undecided
*Some*, not all.
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by ObaKlaz: 9:40am On Jul 25, 2020
hisgrace090:
The white man with good heart!
Yet, they're still 'kneeling on necks'.
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by punisha: 9:40am On Jul 25, 2020
Me?

Everybody around me will be sorted. No jobless person will remain.
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2020
ObaKlaz:
*Some*, not all.
Yeah you're right, most Nigerians have a good heart, but I don't think that most of us would stick to a deal after 28 years
Re: Man Split Lottery He Won With His Friend! by hisgrace090: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2020
ObaKlaz:
Yet, they're still 'kneeling on necks'.

Major reason blacks should learn how to control even their immediate household talkless of a country.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed: 90,000 Liters Of Crude Palm Oil / Chief Anthony Enukeme (TONIMAS): The Fuel Attendant Who Became An Oil Mogul / Please!where Can I Purchase All These Clothes & Shoes Sold In Boutique In Bulk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.