Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? (2541 Views)

Older Nigerian Men How Did You Survive Nigeria In Your 20s / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life / Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missawele(f): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread. smiley

Let's keep it coming!
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missawele(f): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
hisgrace090:
My advice, mind how you associates, dress and what you do daily because your age bracket is a high target to Nigerian SARS and drug agencies.

Thanks for this advice. But it's really sad that this is our reality.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missawele(f): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
rhemauni:
Use your sense always

Dont trust or depend on anyone

To succeed in life

1. u need the grace of God,
2. U need to make right choices
3. U need right contacts/connection/network

Above all believe in yourself and GOD

WORK HARD, SUCCEED OR DIE TRYING LEGITLY

Dont trust or DEPEND on anyone.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missawele(f): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
VLTA:
Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

Love God and serve Him.
Flee youthful lusts.
invest your time in building a good legacy and impacting lives

Get a good man/woman you can spend the rest of your life with.

Build your carrier and find out a legitimate way of making money and invest therein.

Not in the 40s category though

Though you are not in your 40s, these are good advice.

Thanks
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missawele(f): 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
LadySarah:
Expand your finance base now that you are still young, agile n single. Hustle without looking at anybody face.The stress of family life, marital obligations and children can make you be on a snail pace where you should be running.

Don't be one of the "I need 2k urgently " person. Get ur hands dirty.
Especially as a woman, dont go into marriage without having something tangible doing.Theres life after marriage. ALOT of Women have seen nonsense in the name of marriage.

GOD first at all times! You will look back and appreciate yourself.

I love love love this.
Thanks.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
missawele:

Though you are not in your 40s, these are good advice.
Thanks
Thanks
A pleasure
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Munzy14(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
Interesting thread.

To the 20s..

1. Learn a skill pleaseeeee.

2. Don't depend on that certificate, drop it and hustle legitimately and never despise your little beginning if the Job is not at hand. Never you say after all I'm a graduate.

3. Avoid procastination...Stand up and start doing that thing you are passionate about.

4. Avoid unnecessary outing...

5. Never let opportunity pass you by.

6. Never say I can't do this, Try, fail and learn.

7. Keep learning, life is a good teacher.

8. Don't place money over integrity.

9 widen your knowledge and network.

10.Avoid pride, it comes with a consequence.

11. Avoid show off, especially on SM..When you start seeing that cash.

12. Save and re-invest wisely. Saving without investing, is still a snail speed growth without solid foundation.

13. Work hard to own your home...very important...

14. Choose a partner that understands and conform to your life ideologies...very important.

15 Lastly, be frugal with spending.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Amanee(f): 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
Very valid

ImaIma1:
Think big. Don't limit yourself to what you think you can "manage". The people with the good jobs didn't all have connections.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by hisgrace090: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
missawele:

Thanks for this advice. But it's really sad that this is our reality.

Yes all because our leaders are using them to tie us down as they loot everything, that's why they never stop their abusive moves toward the masses.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Nigga44: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
Try as much as you can to fail many times now!!!

It means that you shouldn't be afraid to fail in any endeavor. The highly wealthy people you see today have failed many times in the past. The real difference is the ability to pick yourself up when you fail.

3 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Klass99(f): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by RealEzee(m): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanks a billion for the advice for the seniors
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by cococandy(f): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Following.
40s people. Thanks for the gems kiss

1 Like

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by MMotimo: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2020
When it comes to marriage, choose carefully; quality matters. At the minimum, marry someone that genuinely likes you and is interested in your wellbeing. That person will have a lasting impact on your future, good or bad.
Do not expect your partner to “get better” so make sure whatever you “manage” in courtship is something you would tolerate in marriage.
Be ambitious but embrace contentment, your days will be happier and you will be less bitter.
Never try to keep up with the Joneses and never consider yourself better than anyone, you’ll go farther with a humble nature.

9 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by bukatyne(f): 1:00am On Jul 26, 2020
MMotimo:
When it comes to marriage, choose carefully; quality matters. At the minimum, marry someone that genuinely likes you and is interested in your wellbeing. That person will have a lasting impact on your future, good or bad.
Do not expect your partner to “get better” so make sure whatever you “manage” in courtship is something you would tolerate in marriage.
Be ambitious but embrace contentment, your days will be happier and you will be less bitter.
Never try to keep up with the Joneses and never consider yourself better than anyone, you’ll go farther with a humble nature.

As always, GOLD.

2 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Amopeekun(f): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2020
Be the most sincere best version of yourself and don't be apologetic about it. Be very respectful, people will remember you for that.
In relationships, love sincerely but with your head, watch out for the toxic signs.
If you are religious, trust God and be very prayerful.
Help people in ways that will not be a burden on you. It will come back to you.
Invest in yourself and trust in your abilities.
Peace.

3 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Oladayo12(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
MMotimo:

So much love this
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by KlausMichaelson: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
fati2001:
grin
no dy occupy my space.
Are you Married??
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Be happy, create good lasting memories, be good to people.

1 Like

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Omar09(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2020
Only one person here mentioned something about self improvement!

I'm in my 20s but I believe I've learned a lot from the elderly around me both the fortuned and the misfortune.

In your 20s, start a journey on self-development and self improvement. Know the difference between want and need and work on them accordingly. Forget about meeting THE ONE, if you discipline yourself enough, THE ONE will meet up with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Dangrace01: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2020
Nice one
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by samuelpeters(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
Let me follow this Thread.
I really need it.
Thanks to Everyone who has contributed to far.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by thorpido(m): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
I'll speak mainly to the ladies.Please learn about contraception.If you're having sex,then you need to protect yourself.
No need having unwanted pregnancies that would require an abortion that can hurt your womb or end up as a baby mama.
If a man has not paid your dowry, don't move in with him. Give yourself some honour(I'm old school,so this is my opinion).

2 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by frozen70(f): 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
missawele:
I saw a post like this on reddit and thought I should create a thread here.

So, to those in their 40s and above that are happy, what is your advice to those of us in our 20s and early 30s?

What have you learnt over the years that you think can help us to live better lives?

I have learnt to make hays while the sun shines

I have learnt to gather the stones people throw at me and use it to build my house

I have learnt that the real fashion is yet to come, so forget about fashion and chase the real object

I have also learnt that if I struggle harder in my twenties and thirties, I will definitely rest by the time I get to late forties because I would have achieved success and start resting to train my children

I understand that you have to save a little in the bank for rainy days and invest the bulk for quicker returns

Lastly, I have learnt that on your way to success, you will have to deprive your self the good things of life and when you achieve it, you relax and enjoy your life to the fullest but the funny thing is that, you will have enemies at that stage because

When they were rocking life at their prime, you were busy building up yourself
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Omoboy(m): 1:00am On Aug 03, 2020
My advise to guys do not marry in your 20's make sure you are in your early 30's

Qquote author=missawele post=92084066]I saw a post like this on reddit and thought I should create a thread here.

So, to those in their 40s and above that are happy, what is your advice to those of us in our 20s and early 30s?

What have you learnt over the years that you think can help us to live better lives?[/quote]
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by doctore212(m): 1:13am On Aug 03, 2020
Always patronise Oloshos. cool
missawele:

What have you learnt over the years that you think can help us to live better lives?
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by BRATISLAVA: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
missawele:

You are perfect the way you are.

Don't change anything about yourself if it doesn't make you a truly better person.

Don't listen to other people as much as you do. They don't really care about you.

You will be hurt by the people you love the most, but love them anyway. And if you can't forgive them, leave them. Don't hurt yourself further.

You are always wiser when you have more experience.

Stop being afraid.

Stop being overconfident.

The world is yours, but only after you have cried and labored and failed and given up but somehow you're still perseverant and then magically things begin to happen.

You are strong, stronger than you think.

You are elastic.

Stop trying to please people.

People will always talk about you.

Self is more important than anything else. Self is all that matters in the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? / Ladies And Marriage Desperation / I Want To Adopt From An Idp Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.